What's new in modded minecraft today?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
999963_o.gif

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh please, the "spirit of modding" thing is just a bunch of entitled brats who believe they should have modders' time, effort and talent for free.
Yeah, I learned as much in your tweets :)

Everything is worth what people will pay for it. I suspect people will line up to pay such a tiny wage for their dream mods to come true. Protip (if you're still as young as your sig suggests): Set out expectations very, very clearly before you get down to work. The first time you do this, you will think you went a bit overboard, until you later realize you did not.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm not like them! I'm coming with an "useful" information about it.
FastCraft updated from 1.0 to 1.1 with the following changelog:
{GC = Garbage Collector from java}

@the_j485 the mod supposedly reduces general load. Be it the client, the server or both. You don't need the server to have the mod for it to run on the client. The opposite is also true.
Given this a quick test (until my world crashed due to flaxbeards steam mod - common issue), and I was able to explore as soon as the world rendered and chunks started to appear. Previously I had to wait for almost all the chunks to generate before I could move (aka, press escape and go afk for a bit). So, definite improvement.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this works out, but I'm kind of afraid there'll be alot of trolly responses
though it's a great solution for people who have the ideas, but not the talent to code mods
Yep, I hate trolls, and idiots who don't bother to understand coding and just want to make someone else do it.
I kinda feel sorry for you Vaz.

Reactions: Fixided

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
*He*.
Just waited 'll get slapped for saying this.
Vazkii said:
Q: Are you a boy or a girl?
A: Depends on the point of view. Technically I am male, was born male and retain all of the characteristics of a male individual. I’m transgender (read: transgender, not transsexual), thus I’d prefer to be treated as a female. If you’re referring to me, she would be the right pronoun.
Source

If someone is going to correct someone about someone's preferred gender pronoun, we should allow the person who's PGP is being talked about to.

Last edited: