What's new in modded minecraft today?

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Because we're backstabbing rumor mongers d: The evil people we are.

I really like those bottom blue blocks, and to agree with the others in this thread, could you do us up a version of the sugar cane one like a log? Perhaps do a side by side comparison
8fa629a00e.png

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with the JourneyMap team with an update
JourneyMap said:
JourneyMap 4.0.3
  • Bugfix: Waypoint Manager’s teleport buttons now visible for single-player worlds if cheats/commands enabled
  • Bugfix: Waypoint Manager’s teleport buttons now always visible for multiplayer worlds
  • JourneyMap has a new logo!

and @Vswe with an update for Steve's Factory Manager
VSWE said:
Steve's Factory Manager Alpha 90
  • Fixed a critical crash issue when using the new container information tooltips when playing on a server

Reactions: Not_Steve

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
So while doing my research for this weeks news I've realized it is getting harder and harder every week, and a big part is it is hard to find the actual updates/content. I know I'm not the only one who is having a harder time finding the updates. Its not at all uncommon for entire pages to fly by w/o any actual content in them.

A while back someone (I think @dmillerw ?) suggested someone do a daily blog. I'd like to suggest this again if anyone might be interested. I think a forum admin said adding blogs might be possible, which would be cool as people would be able to comment on that days update while keeping the days and updates separate and easy to find. Or perhaps a thread that is just updates would be good, then we can leave the discussion on todays new stuff in this thread.

Or another idea I had was if someone wanted to do a daily wrap-up post. Kinda like what we do with the weekly AE/LP/GT updates, only it would be a daily post that contains the actual content posted that day. This way everyone can keep talking about whatever but it would still be pretty easy to find the content many of us come here for. This could even be done by someone making a new thread every day wrapping up that days updates. Working sorta like the blog system would.

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So while doing my research for this weeks news I've realized it is getting harder and harder every week, and a big part is it is hard to find the actual updates/content. I know I'm not the only one who is having a harder time finding the updates. Its not at all uncommon for entire pages to fly by w/o any actual content in them.

A while back someone (I think @dmillerw ?) suggested someone do a daily blog. I'd like to suggest this again if anyone might be interested. I think a forum admin said adding blogs might be possible, which would be cool as people would be able to comment on that days update while keeping the days and updates separate and easy to find. Or perhaps a thread that is just updates would be good, then we can leave the discussion on todays new stuff in this thread. Or another idea I had was if someone wanted to do a daily wrap-up post. Kinda like what we do with the weekly AE/LP/GT updates, only it would be a daily post that contains the actual content posted that day. This way everyone can keep talking about whatever but it would still be pretty easy to find the content many of us come here for.
Me and yusunoha have been discussing exactly this in our PMs and we believe we have a solution. But need to run it through the moderators first.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

A while back someone (I think @dmillerw ?) suggested someone do a daily blog. I'd like to suggest this again if anyone might be interested. I think a forum admin said adding blogs might be possible, which would be cool as people would be able to comment on that days update while keeping the days and updates separate and easy to find. Or perhaps a thread that is just updates would be good, then we can leave the discussion on todays new stuff in this thread.

Or another idea I had was if someone wanted to do a daily wrap-up post. Kinda like what we do with the weekly AE/LP/GT updates, only it would be a daily post that contains the actual content posted that day. This way everyone can keep talking about whatever but it would still be pretty easy to find the content many of us come here for. This could even be done by someone making a new thread every day wrapping up that days updates. Working sorta like the blog system would.
I'd be willing to do a weekly blog, just tell me the day you'd want it done.

The problem with the daily thing is that timezones exist, and "day" is too vague. I like the weekly idea more ;)

Reactions: AlCapella and Bevo

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be willing to do a weekly blog, just tell me the day you'd want it done.

The problem with the daily thing is that timezones exist, and "day" is too vague. I like the weekly idea more ;)
Sunday or Monday would likely be the best days to wrap up the previous week. Sundays nights are ideal for a weekly wrap up, but often you need a few hours prep so Monday would give you that extra buffer. Also one thing I noticed when doing my weekly videos is that many developers do a lot of work over the weekends and post the updates for their mods on Sunday nights. So you would likely be able to get more up-to-date content if you did it say Monday morning/afternoon. That is actually why I pushed my videos to Tuesdays (I need like a full day for editing/uploading and all that for videos).

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Sunday or Monday would likely be the best days to wrap up the previous week. Sundays nights are ideal for a weekly wrap up, but often you need a few hours prep so Monday would give you that extra buffer. Also one thing I noticed when doing my weekly videos is that many developers do a lot of work over the weekends and post the updates for their mods on Sunday nights. So you would likely be able to get more up-to-date content if you did it say Monday morning/afternoon. That is actually why I pushed my videos to Tuesdays (I need like a full day for editing/uploading and all that for videos).
Okay, and what timezone are you in? :p

Also, on the topic of devs updating mods: my mods are now for 1.7.10!
Not sure when the files will be approved on CurseForge, but uh, here are the links anyway.
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/222682-santas-toys
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/222513-sparkly-pants
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/222394-santas-decor
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/222395-freedom

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I changed my licensing terms after I found a server/streamer group distributing a pirated Minecraft copy with mods as a 210MB EXE file and not even listing the included mods anywhere, while publicly admitting to earning $1.5-$2k/month from it.

http://mc.shinonome.ch/doku.php?id=wiki:licensing

For modpack developers which use my mods or ports of mods, please read it and make sure you approve of the current licensing. It will be in effect for all future versions of my mods, as law does not work backwards.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Could links be also added to the document? I know that somewhere in the last 50 pages is a mod I'm after, I've yet to trawl through all the pages to find it. A summary document would make things quicker without having to scan through all the great chat, animated gifs and overlarge images. :D

Reactions: Succubism

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Could links be also added to the document? I know that somewhere in the last 50 pages is a mod I'm after, I've yet to trawl through all the pages to find it. A summary document would make things quicker without having to scan through all the great chat, animated gifs and overlarge images. :D
2 weeks was 20 pages, not 50, silly. Also, I'm going to sleep right now. I might add links to the document. What sort of links are you talking about? Changelogs? Downloads? Curse? Threads/websites?
Don't know about you guys, but last I checked this subforum was called "Mod Discussion"

Jus' saying.
>.>