What's new in modded minecraft today?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
2 weeks was 20 pages, not 50, silly. Also, I'm going to sleep right now. I might add links to the document. What sort of links are you talking about? Changelogs? Downloads? Curse? Threads/websites?

>.>
Links to either the MCF forum/official website, otherwise the curse page, otherwise the download.

I think what I'm after was more than two weeks ago, something caught my eye for when I started a 1.7 pack, now I'm making that pack, and now I need to remember what caught me eye all that time ago. :p

We need a summary of this summary topic, then a summary of that, then a summary of that. Then the file summary would be "Stuff happened!"

Reactions: jokermatt999

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to expand the Erebus wiki on my own. However, this proves to be very tedious (especially because I have a severe lack of knowledge of what I am doing). I wouldn't mind some help, or perhaps porting it over to the FTB wiki so it can be maintained there. I have no idea what the ''requirements'' are for a mod to be on the FTB wiki though, but I saw @SatanicSanta 's mods on there and that kind of gave me the impression that the wiki people (or simply anyone?) can freely add mods there. Anyway, just putting it out there ;).

Reactions: Yusunoha

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
ok, here is what I am proposing. I have sent a message to Lawbroken regarding the feasibility of it.

We create a new FTB Forum account (multiple people have account details) that is solely made for the purpose of posting modded news updates. We also get a completely new thread that only this new account has access to it (via locking it or permissions). And each day we post a summary of the modded news with all of the unrelated stuff filtered out. This can also be assisted by every actual news update will mention this new account so we can easily find all the news posts. This will also in turn resolve all the issues about mods like Logistics Pipes, GregTech and AE2 changelogs being too frequent.

We will then post a link to the person who brought it up in the What's New in Modded Minecraft thread so they can get the credit for notifying us and it will allow people to see what kinds of discussion went on about that topic here (saving us from having to use the RED thread which a lot of us dont use anyways).

I was discussing this with SatanicSanta and he suggested just doing a Google Docs thing with all of those things and doing it weekly instead of daily. I disagreed with both but I am not the opinion of everyone here so please make your decision on this poll:

POLL PLEASE VOTE HERE

Description of choices:
FTB Forums - Daily: Each day a summary post will be made in a separate thread and linked here
FTB Forums - Weekly: Each week a summary post will be made in a separate thread and linked here
Google Docs - Daily: Each day a summary post will be made on a Google Document and linked here
Google Docs - Weekly: Each week a summary post will be made on a Google Document and linked here
Keep it the way it is now: Just carry on like we have been and make no changes.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to expand the Erebus wiki on my own. However, this proves to be very tedious (especially because I have a severe lack of knowledge of what I am doing). I wouldn't mind some help, or perhaps porting it over to the FTB wiki so it can be maintained there. I have no idea what the ''requirements'' are for a mod to be on the FTB wiki
I love magic mods, I'm planning on maintaining Totemic next but the more the merrier, so I wouldn't mind?
If you need examples of my articles you can look at the Botania pages...and the navbox. :p
I saw @SatanicSanta 's mods on there and that kind of gave me the impression that the wiki people (or simply anyone?) can freely add mods there. Anyway, just putting it out there ;).
Only admins can add more mods onto the FTB wiki, but I'm sure if you're not on Santa's naughty list he'll add it for you.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
ok, here is what I am proposing. I have sent a message to Lawbroken regarding the feasibility of it.

We create a new FTB Forum account (multiple people have account details) that is solely made for the purpose of posting modded news updates.
Who are these "multiple people"? You need to be careful about who you give the account details to, you might be inviting only the brightest of trolls. :p

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm voting for the daily option for either, because I think that weekly would make the posts much too lengthy and too much information to sift through with each update (based on reading this new thread or the google doc only and not monitoring here)

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
A restricted thread that only authorized individuals can post?
I suggested that a while ago. I mean this is a discussion forum, not a news site. The posting of news only should be limited if discussion is unwanted in such a topic.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
So while doing my research for this weeks news I've realized it is getting harder and harder every week, and a big part is it is hard to find the actual updates/content. I know I'm not the only one who is having a harder time finding the updates. Its not at all uncommon for entire pages to fly by w/o any actual content in them.

A while back someone (I think @dmillerw ?) suggested someone do a daily blog. I'd like to suggest this again if anyone might be interested. I think a forum admin said adding blogs might be possible, which would be cool as people would be able to comment on that days update while keeping the days and updates separate and easy to find. Or perhaps a thread that is just updates would be good, then we can leave the discussion on todays new stuff in this thread.

Or another idea I had was if someone wanted to do a daily wrap-up post. Kinda like what we do with the weekly AE/LP/GT updates, only it would be a daily post that contains the actual content posted that day. This way everyone can keep talking about whatever but it would still be pretty easy to find the content many of us come here for. This could even be done by someone making a new thread every day wrapping up that days updates. Working sorta like the blog system would.

I totally get this sentiment! I used to visit this page every day, but I no longer even bother to heed the alert preferences. Usually @Mevansuto fills me in with something relevant from here (and a big thanks to him for that!). I tried (and failed) some time ago to see if we could hive off the content in this thread into different threads, but that didn't happen that time. I really, really hope that at least this time around, this point of view reaches critical mass and gets to some practical resolution.[DOUBLEPOST=1406638705][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could links be also added to the document? I know that somewhere in the last 50 pages is a mod I'm after, I've yet to trawl through all the pages to find it. A summary document would make things quicker without having to scan through all the great chat, animated gifs and overlarge images. :D

I said that exact same thing last time I said "this thread is getting unwieldy" on my post as well. Now, if only I could find that damn post..... :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the thing is I agree that this is a forum, and discussion is part of it. I also find it fun to talk with everyone about the updates, or see them talking about it.
I know there's the RED topic, but I don't want to tell every single person each and every time that they can't discuss in this topic and should instead move onto the RED topic.

that's why I thought it might be an idea for an alternative account with a locked topic which only that account can post in. each day there'll be 1 post from that account that'll mention all the updates that have been posted in this topic. this way people who want just the news can easily find the news (with a bit of a delay ofcourse because there will only be one post a day) and people who want to discuss topics and such can still do it

but everything is still in the planning phase, so anyone with suggestions or ideas is free to contribute them

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How about the thread isn't locked, but the multiple-person updates account can have some sort of stand-out avatar, and then people can easily sift through all the discussion to see only the updates, from said account.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
the thing is I agree that this is a forum, and discussion is part of it. I also find it fun to talk with everyone about the updates, or see them talking about it.
I know there's the RED topic, but I don't want to tell every single person each and every time that they can't discuss in this topic and should instead move onto the RED topic.

that's why I thought it might be an idea for an alternative account with a locked topic which only that account can post in. each day there'll be 1 post from that account that'll mention all the updates that have been posted in this topic. this way people who want just the news can easily find the news (with a bit of a delay ofcourse because there will only be one post a day) and people who want to discuss topics and such can still do it

but everything is still in the planning phase, so anyone with suggestions or ideas is free to contribute them

I honestly think it needs to go in a blog off of the forums.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly think it needs to go in a blog off of the forums.
Most members won't find it then, especially the newcomers.
That would be very inconvenient - I personally would rather have the updates SOMEWHERE on the FTB Forums, rather than have to go to a separate site to find the updates.
Like everything...mentioning nothing *cough* the Support site *cough*