What's new in modded minecraft today?

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
How about instead of a blog, or forum thread, there was a tab in the launcher that posted mod updates? Or somehow a subsection of the news tab (that isn't exactly frequently used). That should be easy enough for newcomers to find.
I don't use the FTB launcher that often. Heck, for that matter, it's been a couple of weeks since the last time I launched Minecraft. I'd still like to keep up to date, though.

(and let me also state that this thread has been getting progressively less useful for that purpose lately)

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use the FTB launcher that often. Heck, for that matter, it's been a couple of weeks since the last time I launched Minecraft. I'd still like to keep up to date, though.

(and let me also state that this thread has been getting progressively less useful for that purpose lately)

Ok, then lets make the FTB Weekly News actually weekly, and have it be a mod update roundup at the very least. You could see it either on the forum, or on the launcher. We'd still have this thread for a more daily update if you're willing to wade through the rest of the discussion...and if not, you have a new thread each week to keep you up to date.

Reactions: the_j485 and Narc

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to expand the Erebus wiki on my own. However, this proves to be very tedious (especially because I have a severe lack of knowledge of what I am doing). I wouldn't mind some help, or perhaps porting it over to the FTB wiki so it can be maintained there. I have no idea what the ''requirements'' are for a mod to be on the FTB wiki though, but I saw @SatanicSanta 's mods on there and that kind of gave me the impression that the wiki people (or simply anyone?) can freely add mods there. Anyway, just putting it out there ;).
I'm not supposed to document non-FTB mods since I'm on the wiki team. The reason I do for my mods is because technically I'm a "developer appointed maintainer" of them, because I appointed myself to them. You can document Erebus on our wiki yourself, or get someone that isn't on the wiki team to do it. The reason we aren't supposed to is so that we focus more on the mods that are in FTB packs, rather than the ones that aren't.
Only admins can add more mods onto the FTB wiki, but I'm sure if you're not on Santa's naughty list he'll add it for you.
Wrong. Anyone can add mods. I'm not sure why you think only admins can...
I honestly think it needs to go in a blog off of the forums.
Which is why I suggested Google Docs ;)
I did think about the blog thing, but I was too lazy and tired to make one. I really do like the blog idea though.
How about instead of a blog, or forum thread, there was a tab in the launcher that posted mod updates? Or somehow a subsection of the news tab (that isn't exactly frequently used). That should be easy enough for newcomers to find.
The thing is, Law stated in an edit on the OP that it isn't correlated with FTB at all, and may or may not be accurate. Putting it on the launcher would be hypocritical. Also, it seems like a bit of a waste of time for the launcher devs to do that than work on the things actually needed for the launcher. And like @Narc said, many of us don't even play "FTB" anymore; we play modpacks and stay here for the community.
Ok, then lets make the FTB Weekly News actually weekly, and have it be a mod update roundup at the very least. You could see it either on the forum, or on the launcher. We'd still have this thread for a more daily update if you're willing to wade through the rest of the discussion...and if not, you have a new thread each week to keep you up to date.
I don't think Slow and Nana should have to worry about that, and I don't think they will. Also, how are we supposed to guarantee that?

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not supposed to document non-FTB mods since I'm on the wiki team. The reason I do for my mods is because technically I'm a "developer appointed maintainer" of them, because I appointed myself to them. You can document Erebus on our wiki yourself, or get someone that isn't on the wiki team to do it. The reason we aren't supposed to is so that we focus more on the mods that are in FTB packs, rather than the ones that aren't.

Thank you for making that clear ;).

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Screw that, no-one's wiki lead, I'll do it if anyone wants me to.
Wrong. Anyone can add mods. I'm not sure why you think only admins can...
Yeah, you can do half, but admins add it onto the lists and stuff.

Reactions: Elec332