What's new in modded minecraft today?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't the place to advertise your modpack. Especially one without permissions that can't be hosted on the launcher.

I'm normally not one to just make useless snide remarks...but this deserves one. Take your foot out of your mouth.

#1 - It's Vikestep
#2 - He's offering an awesome service to people who don't yet know what's available for 1.7.2...so it certainly does fit in this thread
#3 - It's Vikestep...

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
CyanideX has released a few more textures for his BuildCraft texture overhaul. This time it is the gears:
82OZa.jpg

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm normally not one to just make useless snide remarks...but this deserves one. Take your foot out of your mouth.

#1 - It's Vikestep
#2 - He's offering an awesome service to people who don't yet know what's available for 1.7.2...so it certainly does fit in this thread
#3 - It's Vikestep...

I don't care if it's notch. We shouldn't play favorites. Where would it end? Or would it? Do you want this thread full of every pack maker advertising there packs here? Then none should be posted.
There are dedicated sections of this forum for that kind of post and if it was a official FTB announcement it would be on the front page.
I get that Vike is important but I don't want a good an useful thread to turn into a thread full of "I haz good pack come look ad me".
This is what's supposed to be on this thread as stated in the opening post. "Which means people can make a post to report new mods, updates to mods, or updates related to mod developers."
If you want to make a "What's new in modpacking thread" you are of coarse welcome to do so.

Edit: And if Vike is such a good guy then he would want what's best for this thread and not to be given any special treatment.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Any particularly friendly and less terse folks especially familiar with minecraft configs?
If blast glass pane = ID X, what causes that ID to load in veins underground?

Brand new world. Vanilla configs as generated by the mod. ID tweaked before world generation to resolve conflict.
You had that ID previously assigned to something in the worldgen, probably some ore. Now it is the blast glass, so upon load, it got converted. This only happened because your IDs got scrambled.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care if it's notch. We shouldn't play favorites. Where would it end? Or would it? Do you want this thread full of every pack maker advertising there packs here? Then none should be posted.
There are dedicated sections of this forum for that kind of post and if it was a official FTB announcement it would be on the front page.
I get that Vike is important but I don't want a good an useful thread to turn into a thread full of "I haz good pack come look ad me".
This is what's supposed to be on this thread as stated in the opening post. "Which means people can make a post to report new mods, updates to mods, or updates related to mod developers."
If you want to make a "What's new in modpacking thread" you are of coarse welcome to do so.

Edit: And if Vike is such a good guy then he would want what's best for this thread and not to be given any special treatment.
Very well. Vike did apologize and he does realize that he shouldn't have done it. I personally don't think it was such a big deal since about 1/4th of this thread is about different topics besides news about modded minecraft, but I understand your point of view. Would no one posting about their pack here make you happy then?

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Very well. Vike did apologize and he does realize that he shouldn't have done it. I personally don't think it was such a big deal since about 1/4th of this thread is about different topics besides news about modded minecraft, but I understand your point of view. Would no one posting about their pack here make you happy then?
Well, I mean, modpacks are a part of the modded world...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, 1 update, and that's @iChun with Sync
ichun said:
Once again, this changelog and update was done with the help of Kihira! Go check her out and maybe drop a thank you!

Bug Fixes
  • - Fix issue where players can’t pickup items after sync until server restart
  • - Fix issue with chunkloading when storage power requirement is enabled
  • - Fix issue where fire wasn’t being removed properly on sync
  • - Fix issue where player could take damage whilst syncing
  • - Don’t allow players to be registered as a treadmill entity ಠ_ಠ
Grab the mod at the usual spot.

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You had that ID previously assigned to something in the worldgen, probably some ore. Now it is the blast glass, so upon load, it got converted. This only happened because your IDs got scrambled.
Feedback appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1397134758][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about YouTubers? Say if Bevo wanted to post his new video here could he?
I gather if it was based on FTB material it would be 100% kosher. A cause for annoying debate otherwise.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I guess since I'm the creator of this topic I'll probably have the last say in this...
my opinion... if it's related to the modded minecraft community, it's allowed.
a modpack, which is a pack created with minecraft mods, is part of the modded minecraft community.
this means if @VikeStep still wants, he's free to post more information about this modpack.

this also means that people with other information, such as @Bevo with his weekly update videos, is also allowed to post about that in this topic.
I only ask you to follow a few Do's and Don'ts, which you can find in the opening post.

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
I'd still rather if the BC team dropped facades and added support for forge multipart. I mean, seriously, everyone else has(except maybe the IC2 Dev team).
Implementing Multipart support would likely require a major rewrite. Multiparts all have to use CBs system of handling tiles/interaction

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Facades work slightly different than microblocks.
Implementing Multipart support would likely require a major rewrite. Multiparts all have to use CBs system of handling tiles/interaction
I'm aware of this. But Facades are pretty dumb compared to microblocks IMO. One is easy enough to make/add new type plus have a ton of support, and one requires a late game BC machine to make, and they work only for BC pipes.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of this. But Facades are pretty dumb compared to microblocks IMO. One is easy enough to make/add new type plus have a ton of support, and one requires a late game BC machine to make, and they work only for BC pipes.
and AE cables