What's new in modded minecraft today?

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
CL4OWgT.png

39UgDRS.jpg

T7oBawG.png

Not much of "news" but colored light mod will get smooth lighting! Yea! Of course those shots up there are taken with shaders on. (not my work)

But this is my work :p
i3CtLfKZ1ReWI.jpg

ibaCynrEqmwJXd.jpg

ibfRupvJEc0WYd.jpg

Animated madness:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...0/oIMWaBok1ME/w544-h304-no/colored+lights.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomRage

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
. . .HOLY SHIT. I remember it was said that colored lighting would require a complete rework of the lighting engine, did someone actually do that?

Reactions: Padfoote

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
Bugfix update for TiC:
1.5.4d2
- Heart canister slots should work as intended now
- Vanilla tools have been made useless (Configurable, default ON)
That last little feature should help people who only want to play with TiC tools, while also not breaking recipes.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
It does say that it defaults to On though. Yeah, I'll be changing that thank you.

Probably me being paranoid, but I really hope that TiC doesn't go total conversion...

It already did 35 minutes ago.

But, seriously If you look at the configs it has always had 'hardcore' options. The tool thing has been in there for ages. They also add a game mode where all trees are lava and you can create a world border made of bedrock.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Tinkerer is actually on version 103 already, although I have no idea what changed, as they tend to do changelogs several days later in batches.

hence why I haven't really talked about those updates... I can talk about the ones with a changelog, but the ones without... it happens too often for TT updates to have no changelogs to talk about them.
I do sometimes post an update for a mod with no changelogs, but only if it doesn't happen too often, like today for example

new day, new update, starting with @Emasher for Emasher's Resource and Engineer's Toolbox
though I can't seem to find the changelogs for these releases

and JourneyMap
JourneyMap said:
About This Release
  • Added generic support for custom block textures like ExtraUtils connected textures
  • Bugfix where Singleplayer games opened to LAN didn’t show other player icons
  • Bugfix where Singlerplayer games opened to LAN weren’t treated like multiplayer games
  • Bugfix where Multiplayer player icons in the browser were causing “No OpenGL context found in the current thread” errors
  • Defensive measures put in place for errors thrown by uk.co.shadeddimensions.ep3.block.BlockFrame
  • Reduced logging of 404 errors in FileService
  • Logging-related improvements (more uniformity across SEVERE-level log statements)

and @Emoniph with a small fix for Witchery
Emoniph said:

TWEAK: Adds Spirit World support for Alternate Terrain Generation (ATG) and ExtraBiomesXL mods. The Better World Generation mod seems to use non-standard tricks so you just get the standard world gen if that is used.

and lastly @SpaceToad posting some sneakpeaks for Buildcraft's Builder's comeback!
Spacetoad said:
Achieved first step of builder: transferring data from one place to the other. Next step: saving it on disk!
BhFHta7CcAARKqL.png:large
Spacetoad said:
... and resurrected basic functionality of the blueprint library, as a client / server gateway.
BhK-HZFCUAIgRNz.png:large
Spacetoad said:
Finishing the week-end with the re-implementation of requirement scan for blueprints. Step by step...
BhMSuGsCAAAy4yY.png:large

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
More about FTB and not the modding community in general, but Faithful 32 is on the FTB Launcher now. Also found out that in 1.6.4 you can run a turret from the Portal mod through an MFR grinder for infinite mob essence since it drops itself. Must be some broken code in the update somewhere because it was not working for me in 1.5.2 and the only difference was using a turtle instead of autonomous activator to place it.