What's new in modded minecraft today?

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
He just released the Dev version as an official version

Version 6 has been in development for a while now and, indeed it has just gone official.

For any other Mekanism fans, it's well worth the upgrade but, before making that leap I suggest you read the developer notes on Aiden's blog. If you have a massive network of cables, upgrading will make them all disappear, amongst other things. It also has some functionality issues when used in conjunction with IC2. Energy Cubes will not charge from IC2 cables and, any IC2 power generators may crash your game if you attempt to remove a cable while the machine is actively producing power.

Cable's work similarly to Energy Conduits now so they are significantly more server friendly (remarkably so). Like Energy Conduits they are now multiparts and, can be covered. Cables can be configured to respond to a redstone signal so all cables can function as splitter cables.

There's a boat load of other changes as well. I just thought I'd tip my hat to the Mekanism dev after that post about cables generating lag.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Valued Decor now has a 1.7.2 version for all who may be interested
Also Dynamic Potion Systems has officially been released by WingsOfLife/DocRedstone check it out here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting of right away with ProfMobius who has an update for WAILAWAILA

ProfMobius said:
Waila 1.5.0
Lot of new stuff, optimised stuff and fixed stuff.

CHANGELOG

Client
  • Added Steve's cart module using the Entity API
  • Added hidden Secret Doors
  • Added hidden Carpenter's doors
  • Added Harvestcraft crop support
  • Added MagicalCrop crop support
  • Added Statues support
  • Added a "Sneak to see" config option. Data will be hidden unless you sneak.
  • Fixed Project:Red overlay and FMP bugs.

Config & admin
  • Config file is generated at start when the modules are loaded instead of when the options are changed.
  • Config file is separated into 3 sections. General, modules and server_forcing.
  • Config can be enforced by the server to a given value by setting the corresponding key in server_forcing to true.

Tooltip optimisation & fonctionnalities
  • All parts of the tooltip, besides the actual rendering, is now done outside the rendering tick. Should solve the latest slowdowns.
  • Tooltips now support some form of column based display and Left/Right justification.
  • Tooltips can now support displaying icons (the set is limited right now but will be extended).

API
  • Waila API is now a @API, so other mods shouldn't be able to mess it up when wrongly implemented.
  • New entity API. It works like the Block API, with its own dedicated provider and accessor. The registration is done the same way too.
  • New FMP API.
  • Deprecated quite a few registration methods to be 1.7 ready.
  • NBT syncing is not automatic anymore. You have to register the keys you want or "*" to register the whole tag tree. The command is IWailaRegistrar.registerSyncedNBTKey()
  • Fixed a few bugs in the handling of providers.
If you enjoy my mods, you can become a patron here ! Many thanks !

Download it there

next up, neptunepink with a few updates for Factorization

neptunepink said:
  • Bug fixes & polishing.

• Added the 'probe' instruction:
  • This is a sub-instruction of Shifter Control.
  • It will push how many items match the item held by the servo.
  • If the servo is holding no items, it should count all the items in the inventory
  • Added the Pressure Generator. Many features!
  • It has two settings: Suck/Blow, and the speed (off, slow, medium, fast)
  • Pumps Liquid:
  • Can drain from tanks and pump from the world, and fill tanks and spill to the world
  • Generate Charge:
  • Have a tank of steam at the back (such as from a Steam Boiler)
  • Have a clear space in front of the Pressure Generator
  • Apply a redstone signal to the generator
  • This may work with other gasses...
  • Blow Entities:
  • If blowing, it can drop items from an inventory behind it.
  • At slow speed, it will only blow items. Faster speeds can move mobs and players!
  • Faster speeds have larger radius & distance.
  • But only BlowEntities works on servos
  • Barrels no longer render the enchantment glint.
  • The caliometric burner now burns food at from ends.

• fixed apostraphe in license
  • French localizations by WLCD!
  • Changed servo inventory size to 1! It happened!
  • Fixed servo & fan rendering causing signs to flicker
  • Clicking on a servo with an instruction will cause that instruction to be executed immediately.
  • Added instructions (and a decorator) for user-defined procedures.
  • Some stacks have specific uses:
  • White is the IO stack.
  • Black is the error message stack.
  • Yellow is the argument stack.
  • Red is run on block entry if something else isn't already running.
  • "Entry Action" can be used to read/write instructions to the servo rail
  • "Scan Color" is a decorator that will read the color of the block the servo is facing. Works on wool, stained clay, and wheat.
  • "Stack Transfer" pops a color, and moves stuff to/from the IO stack and that colored stack.
  • "Run Stack" pops a color, and moves control to that stack. But there is no RET instruction!
  • Silver ore nodes spawn 1 per chunk instead of 1 with 0.125-chance-for-an-extra per chunk

followed by @Azanor with a few updates for Thaumcraft

Azanor said:
4.1.0b (current)
- fix for arcane bore crash on MCPC+ servers.
- added check to prevent recipe crashes if a mod adds an ingot but not an ore (I'm looking at you IC2 with your silver ingots)
- added shards to ore dictionary
- focus changing fix, take two

4.1.0a
- prevent wither skulls from destroying warded blocks, doors and pressure plates
- fix for crash when changing foci
- you can now ctrl-click aspects to combine even if you currently have 0 in your pool
- fixed tube collision boxes
- fixed tube venting colors on servers

and @pixlepix with a few updates for Thaumic Tinkerer

pixlepix said:
Build 97
Bedrock dimension has 1/6 of the ores. Now it looks sad and lonely.

Build 96
Make some research not-hidden
Fixed: Excavation focus can break bedrock

Build 95
Changed default dimension ID from 19 to -19

Build 94
Removed special bedrock biome

Build 93
Recreated Thaumic Tinkerer research tree

Build 92
Added config for dimension Id.

EDIT: I also completely forgot about this mod where I made some suggestions for, and today I found out that they've finished some of my suggestions. it's quite a hilarious mod I must say, especially for those watching direwolf his videos.
I'm talking about the Soaryn Chest Mod

to sum the mod up...

wCqdT4J.png

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Azanor also released version 4.1.0b and 4.1.0c of Thaumcraft. Just some minor bugfixes in both versions. Source is his Twitter page.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting of right away with ProfMobius who has an update for WAILAWAILA

next up, neptunepink with a few updates for Factorization

followed by @Azanor with a few updates for Thaumcraft

and @pixlepix with a few updates for Thaumic Tinkerer

EDIT: I also completely forgot about this mod where I made some suggestions for, and today I found out that they've finished some of my suggestions. it's quite a hilarious mod I must say, especially for those watching direwolf his videos.
I'm talking about the Soaryn Chest Mod

to sum the mod up...

wCqdT4J.png
I want to see this on ForgeCraft.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Woo! Now my horrendous art skills can be seen by everyone around me! I call this a win in my book!
I'm not sure what is so horrendous about your art skills, when we played on wylds server that pagoda was epic. I even kinda bypassed your protection on the trapdoor to look at the inside

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what is so horrendous about your art skills, when we played on wylds server that pagoda was epic. I even kinda bypassed your protection on the trapdoor to look at the inside
Art skills and design skills are two different things in my book. I couldn't make a texture to save my life. Structures I'm getting much better at.

And I think I want to upscale that pagoda design next time I try something like that. It was nifty, but kinda small. I kind of wish I had built the bagua first and then scaled the pagoda around it. Also, I totally wasn't happy with the way the hardened clay turned out.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
whoops, forgot to do an update yesterday, but it's a new day, so also a new update, starting off with @Vazkii posting another sneak peak for Botania Botania
Vazkii said:
An experimentation I did today, wireless pistons anyone?
DetailedBigheartedCommabutterfly.gif
next up, @pixlepix posting a poll for Thaumic Tinkerer regarding the bedrock dimension
pixlepix said:
There has been a lot of....feedback on the new bedrock dimension in KAMI. At various times, people have said that I am a horrible modder and I shouldn't be working on TT. Honestly, I'm fed up with it. I've made a poll on the new bedrock dimension.
A few things to keep in mind:
1) The screenshots of ore spawns posted in this subreddit a while back are no longer accurate. They ore generation has been turned down significantly.
2) The awakened ichorium pickaxe is one of the hardest items in the game to obtain. By the point that anyone obtains the pickaxe, they can set up dozens of concurrently running quarries. This means that the resources from this dimension are not as big a concern as you might think. It also means that the server load is minimal, as very few people use the dimension in the first place.
3) The only way it would interfere with another mod is if another mod also tries to overwrite vanilla bedrock, which, to my knowledge, no other mod does. There were a few issues with Block.bedrock refrences, but they are fixed in build 100.
Go Vote
EDIT: Thanks a ton for all of your support, guys. It really means a lot to me. Just to clarify: I have no problem with people saying my mod is bad. I love engaging in rational, friendly, debate over ideas. If you say that my mod is bad, and say why, then I'd be more than happy to talk with you. What I have a problem with is posts like THIS and THIS
Also, a clarification: Only bedrock in the bottom four levels of the overworld can be broken. Admins can use bedrock around the spawn like normal.

next, @ObsiLP with an update for Advanced Genetics
ObsiLP said:
- [ADD] Auto Input-Output to Auto Scraper and DNA Insulator
- [FIXED] Microscope-Receipe bug
- [FIXED] Some internal bugs

and there's @ganymedes01 with an update for AOBD
ganymedes01 said:
New release! Now supports EnderIO machines :D

and also iichun with an update for Hats
iichun said:
Final commit for this build.
- Attempted fix for CME crashes on servers
- Fixed coloured items screwing up the Hat Trade gui colours.
- Fixed issue with invisible blocks and Ars Magica when a hat is unlocked.
- Fixed issue with hat trading that partially invalidates one of the trader’s hats list.

and then @ProfMobius with an update for WAILA
ProfMobius said:
Waila 1.5.1
v1.5.1
This is a client side update. It is compatible with 1.5.0
Bugfixes

Fixed age old OGL constants bleeding. Should solve a lot of rendering issues (like the sky changing color).
Heart display for entities is fixed.
NBT crash on SSP fixed.

Config

Max number of hearts per line can be setup in the config file (default = 20).
Threshold HP value to switch from icon to text display can be setup in the config file (default = 40).
New General module config. Contains the "Show growth" and "Show entities hp" general configs.

Modules

Thaumcraft : When wearing goggles of revealing, blocks that store aspects will show what aspects they hold.
Agriculture : Display crop growth.

If you enjoy my mods, you can become a patron here ! Many thanks !
Download it there

and also @Azanor with another bugfix update for Thaumcraft 4.1
Azanor said:
4.1.0e (current)
- fixed research "clues" not saving between sessions

and lastly a mod that I may think people will like.
it's developed by @hypercross and it's called Mine Painter
hypercross said:
MinePainter - block sculptures, pixel paintings
Mod Wiki page : https://github.com/h...iki/MinePainter
Install:
https://www.box.com/...wz9pdxuq8muq8cl
This folder contains EVERYTHING that I will have compiled and put together.
Head version : 0.1.7 for 1.6.4
Requires Minecraft Forge.
Now compatible with the shader mod. I managed to quit using Reflection.
ver 0.1.7 - compatibility & added Chinese language file. ver 0.1.6f3- updated to 1.6.4.- Canvas now has a depth.- 16 base color pixels are initiated on the canvas for easier color mixing.- Hinges allow rotation on all directions. Toilet lids are possible, for example.- Added creative mode item Transmuter: swaps sculpture material with the first block in the player's inventory- Added creative mode block Painting Cross Slot: renders the painting like a cross square, to imitate plantsver 0.1.4- fixed canvases being flipped.- breaking a canvas block now drops a Finished Painting, which can be placed like a canvas but cannot be further modified. Image files are available in the world save folder.ver 0.1.3:- infrastructure update.ver 0.1.2:- fixed some possible crashes.- added a palette for color selection / mixingUsage of palette :There are 6 color slots. Right click to cycle between them. The color components of the current color will be printed on tooltip.
nTeKy9D.jpg
Craft with dyes to mix the current color on palette with the dye's color.
fkJKfHh.jpg
If you put the palette on the first slot in the crafting inventory, the result color will be the color of the dye.As you shift the palette towards the last slot in the crafting inventory, the result color will be closer to the palette's color.
mq7HKmu.jpg
- added a Brush and a Small Brush for painting ( no recipe yet, will add later)Usage of brush:Right click on canvas with this in hand, and make sure you have a palette in your inventory.The current color on palette will be drawn onto the canvas.
VYKyX2x.jpg
Brush will have a bigger area of effect and blends on the edge. Small brush doesn't blend that much.
KUdCVV3.jpg
ver 0.1.1:- every block without a tile entity and is a normal cube should be able to be sculpted.be aware that sculpting will override all functionality of that block, including material, light emission, right click activating, redstone, etc.ver 0.1.0:- fixed various rendering issues.- you can now place paintings on sculptures.- bump version number to 0.1.0.ver 0.0.6:-fixed crash on server-side.ver 0.0.5:-added hinges.-correctly rendering sandstones now.-correctly rendering glasses now.-greatly improved performance.older:-fixed ambient occlusion on sculptures.-fixed crash with tileentities-added support for block metadata
091203erd5xrz2uzxq0qjc.jpg
-wool is now carvable, but ice not carvable anymore-added a schematic tool
091204lbl34csqsiicc253.jpg
Video:
AntVenom!Clarification : the diamond block dup exploit is fixed in newer builds. See changelog.Each block can only have one type of blocks still, that's intentional, in order to reduce data usage.
epicninja for the video!
Thanks Zxcvbnmkj for the video!
(This is an earliest version, none of the problems exist anymore)
Thanks for BloodChucklz's awesome builds!
I think this video better illustrates what I want people to have with this mod. Freedom on the design and less boilplate building.
2013-03-20_182340_zps28be113f.png
(awesome detail with larger structure ! and SEUS shaders !)
885301_10151491175224591_176752001_o.jpg
2_zpse373f282.png
4_zps0b5c1aeb.png
5_zps65e7c6ef.png
2013-04-06_13.58.50.png
2013-04-06_15.22.48.png

I'm thinking of also posting mods that are not really known yet, but seem interesting enough to share with you all, like I did with Soaryn Chests and Mine Painter. this also means if you come across a mod that you think that might be interesting for the FTB community, go ahead and post it here.

I'm also thinking of changing the topic's name to "what's new in modded minecraft today?" instead of "what's new in modded world today?" because I don't know about you all, but whenever I type this topic's name, I keep typing "minecraft" instead of "world" :p

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
New Changelogs (quoted from reddit)

Full Changelogs

Direwolf20 1.0.15

Direwolf20 1.0.16

Magic Farm 2.1.3

Tech World 1.1.2

Lite 1.1.5

All Packs
  • Extra Utilities updated to 1.0.3a (except Tech World)
    • Ender Quarry
    • New Generators
    • FMP Fences and Fence Jackets
  • OpenBlocks updated to 1.2.5
    • Guide Book
    • Radio
  • Thaumcraft updated to 4.1.0d (Except Tech World)
Direwolf20
  • Disabled Pixies
  • Disabled Taint spread
  • Taint is no longer caused by flux
  • Hats has been updated and includes a fix for a world corrupting bug many users were experiencing
Magic Farm
  • Removed Modpack Tweaks
    • The functionality has been replaced in Mariculture
  • Removed Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
    • Not updated to latest Thaumcraft version
  • Changed the book you get when spawning, it is now added in by mariculture
  • Changed recipes for ME Cable, Silicon, Fluix Dust and XP Drain
  • Added a lot of ores to the CoFH World Gen configs
Tech World
  • Changed 4 IDs from Rotarycraft, may come up with warning on world startup, but it is ignorable
Lite
  • Disabled Deep Dark

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
sp614x said:
Updated OptiFine D1 for 1.6.4 - now compatible with FTB packs (fixed compatibility with BiomesOPlenty, minimaps, laser mods)
That's right! Optifine is finally starting to be compatible with other mods!