What's new in modded minecraft today?

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
potentially for the Decrative blocks but I'm trying to find the direction of the mood and add useful features rather than just small additions like what is currently available. I'm thinking of having a huge lore based expansion. I want to add a few new dimensions with sort of the same concept as twilight forest in that you have to do some thing s before you can do other things but in the context of developing the characters "willpower" such as a dungeon where you move up the 7 chalkras or a dimension where you fight gods of different pantheons. Eventually you come to the conclusion that everything is connected which gives you special powers. Lol this shouldn't be too incredibly hard to implement but if anyone wants to help out with developing any aspect of the mod I would greatly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
potentially for the Decrative blocks but I'm trying to find the direction of the mood and add useful features rather than just small additions like what is currently available. I'm thinking of having a huge lore based expansion. I want to add a few new dimensions with sort of the same concept as twilight forest in that you have to do some thing s before you can do other things but in the context of developing the characters "willpower" such as a dungeon where you move up the 7 chalkras or a dimension where you fight gods of different pantheons. Eventually you come to the conclusion that everything is connected which gives you special powers. Lol this shouldn't be too incredibly hard to implement but if anyone wants to help out with developing any aspect of the mod I would greatly appreciate it

I love the idea of mixing all sorts of different deities. Kinda reminds me of the webserial Pact in a roundabout way.

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
Yes from the perspective of the mod all of the deities representing for example water are different aspects of the same dirty. I think it will be cool to implement because through lore you could say OK so of all water gods are the same then everything water based is the same so I can create anything water-based by using anything else water based. An alternative to ee that has more rationale if you will. But I needs to me than just copying of another mods core feature. That's where I need to find the direction of the mod

Another idea would be the creating system which would utilize sacred geometry http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_of_Life for crating. Like you could draw the circles on the ground and then use lines made from the essence to create different configurations and different items

I would explain it in in game documentation as it would be very complicated but you basically create the platform which doesent change but you can upgrade which would be the circles or the female aspect of it and the lines would change based on the crating which would be the male aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Another idea would be the creating system which would utilize sacred geometry http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_of_Life for crating. Like you could draw the circles on the ground and then use lines made from the essence to create different configurations and different items

fjf1bh.jpg

If you do that I will love you forever!

Reactions: Strikingwolf

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
Well I definatly think that's Something I want to do but that's not in my ability right now lol that's why I need help. I guess I will start with adding some Ba armor and mobs that you grow like mandrake roots only they are tameable and give you potion effects and drop essence etc.

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
... never leaves? ...

And, good eye spotting the cat.

===

Meanwhile, I understand that there will be lots of adventure maps being played on twitch and youtube in the next couple of weeks. Does that count as "new in modded minecraft"? :)
This is bad timing for me to release Internal Skies. It's just going to get lost among those packs.

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
for anyone who just downloaded the elemental essences mod i apologize the jar file was empty lol. I have fixed it if anyone was confused.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
(thanks a ton to DZCreeper for reposting those links under this, so I didn't need to refind them)

Gregtech 6.00.36

[API] Improved the Alloy Recipes inside the Material Classes by making multiple combos of Materials able to shape the same Alloy.
[API] Improved the delegation of TileEntities (currently only used in the Mini Nether Portal), so that the Delegator contains World and Coords too, in case there is no TileEntity at the Destination.
[FIXED] RC Electric Feeder unit being uncraftable, because I did not add back my Wires yet.
[FIXED] IC² Cable Wirecutting Recipes.
[FIXED] Iron Achievement by adding it to the Item extraction process of the Mold.
[FIXED] A lot of old Railcraft references still being broken. I made IC² Basalt compatible with GT too while I was at it.
[FIXED] The mirrored Texture Issue of vanilla MC for all GT Blocks. I have set both fliptexture and that one obfuscated value, which happens to be only in those two affected Block Side Functions, to true, whenever it is not a full Block, in order to fix it.
[REMOVED] The Rightclick to get Temperature Function from the Crucibles and the Molds. Build a Thermometer Sensor and place it on the Crucible, or just look if the Stuff you inserted begins to melt, if you cant affort a Steel Plate, 4 Fine Red Alloy Wires, 3 Glass and a Pile of Redstone.
[CHANGED] Thanks to the complaints of axlegear, in order to use Diamonds for making Steel you will need to heat them to 4200 Kelvin before using their Carbon. So in the beginning you now have to use Graphite in order to make Steel.
[CHANGED] Thanks to even more complaints of axlegear Iron Ore processing is now much harder and requires Carbon (from Graphite) or Dark Ashes (product of burning Coal or Lignite Coal, but not Charcoal) and in some cases Calcite. Vanilla alike Iron Ore and Pyrite Ore do not require this. Dark Ashes can be used, because it has a high Carbon Content, as well as it is not being as flammable as Coal itself.
[CHANGED] Worldgen so some of the small Ores are not pure anymore (Iron, Nickel). Other small pure Ores are now rarer and about 50% replaced by impure variants of them. This should give more variation to Ore Processing, when not finding any large Veins. And yes, it is partially axlegears fault too. Blame him. :p
[CHANGED] Molds now cool down five times faster.
[ADDED] Scrap as remains from 100% broken Tools.
[ADDED] Marble and Basalt. Finally. Because Marble was needed as a more abundant Source of Calcite than large Lapis Veins, and Basalt was uhhm, well, it was already textured since GT5 so I added it too.
[ADDED] Knives, Butchery Knives and Universal Spades back.
[ADDED] Basalt and Iridium Crucibles to progress farther than Vanadium.
[ADDED] Electric Heaters. They are compatible with IC² Electricity.
They are always active, so they either need a Splitter Cable or one of the Storage Block Redstone Modes to be shut down.
The Recipes of them are slightly temporary, but they should be about as resource expensive as the actual way.
This in combination with the Thermometer Sensors makes Fully Automatic Smelteries possible.
[ADDED]
Sensor Block. It can display the scanned Value as well as emit Redstone based on that Value.
Currently done Sensors are:
Thermometer for Temperature
Gibbl-O-Meter for measuring compression (useful for the Steam Boiler)
Luminometer for measuring Light
Chronometer for measuring Time of Day (Serverside. This also means you can detect Lag with it.)
Item-O-Meter for counting Items in an Inventory
Stack-O-Meter for counting Stacks in an Inventory (anything with a stacksize > 0 is considered a Stack)
Fluid-O-Meter for measuring Fluids in Liters (Or as some would call, Millibuckets)
Bucket-O-Meter for measuring Fluids in Cubic Meters (aka Buckets or 1000 Liters)
Weight-O-Meters for measuring Inventory Weight of all Items which have a Weight assigned to them. (in either Gramm, Kilogramme, Tons or Kilotons)
-----
The Display itself can be set to either Decimal or Hexadecimal by screwdrivering the displaying Part of the Sensor.
Modes are set using the Screwdriver on something that is not the Display.
It can check if a Value is greater, equal or lower than the displayed Number with Redstone.
It also has a Scale Mode where it emits Redstone on a Scale between 0 and the set Value.
The checked Values can be changed using the 6 Buttons to increment and decrement the Amount by 1, 10 or 100 (1, 16 or 256 in Hexadecimal Mode).
The Sensors do not emit Redstone into the Direction the scanned Block is at, in order to not disturb any potentially Redstone controlled things inside it.
-----
The Thermometer Block also works on IC² Nuclear Reactors (including the up to 6 Chambers).
Note, that it displays between 0 and 2000 instead of 0 and 10000 on IC² Reactors, since it measures in Kelvin and not Reactor Heat Units.
A Meltdown at 2000 Kelvin seems most realistic, since it is mostly made of Steel.

Thermal dynamics (ALPHA RELEASE!) (1.0.0-129)
no changelog provided.
CoFHCore (ALPHA RELEASE!) (3.0.2-282)
Updated multiple times today with no changelog provided.
CoFHlib (ALPHA RELEASE!) (1.0.3B1-163)
No Changelog Provided
Thermal Recycle (ALPHA RELEASE!) (1.7.10-0.3.5ALPHA)
ADDED:
  • Core: Decomposition can be crafted/upgraded to different levels similar to Thermal Expansion machines. These different levels give additional benefits to the scrapping process. Details can be found on the Wiki.
Thaumic energistics (0.8.10.1)
Built for:
  • MC: 1.7.10
  • Forge: 10.13.2+
  • Thaumcraft: 4.2.3.5
  • Applied Energistics 2: rv2 stable 1
Added

• Search Mode, Tall Centered, and swapable armor slots to the Arcane Crafting Terminal.
  • Essentia Storage & Conversion Monitors.
Changes

• Players need Import&Export permissions to open Arcane Assembler GUI.
  • Terminals can be rotated with a wrench.
  • Essentia Storage Bus supports ME Interface part for subnetworks.
Bugfixes

• ACT search bar retains its contents when viewing NEI recipes.
  • The essentia sub-network sync bug ~might be~ fixed.
  • Vis export from the VRI now supports crystal attunement.

Funky locomotion (Funky Locomotion Beta 5c)
Fix NPE crash

If I did something wrong I'm sorry, not used to this :p

Last edited:

XBlack_LeopardX

Jul 29, 2019
(thanks a ton to DZCreeper for reposting those links under this, so I didn't need to refind them)

Gregtech 6.00.36

[API] Improved the Alloy Recipes inside the Material Classes by making multiple combos of Materials able to shape the same Alloy.
[API] Improved the delegation of TileEntities (currently only used in the Mini Nether Portal), so that the Delegator contains World and Coords too, in case there is no TileEntity at the Destination.
[FIXED] RC Electric Feeder unit being uncraftable, because I did not add back my Wires yet.
[FIXED] IC² Cable Wirecutting Recipes.
[FIXED] Iron Achievement by adding it to the Item extraction process of the Mold.
[FIXED] A lot of old Railcraft references still being broken. I made IC² Basalt compatible with GT too while I was at it.
[FIXED] The mirrored Texture Issue of vanilla MC for all GT Blocks. I have set both fliptexture and that one obfuscated value, which happens to be only in those two affected Block Side Functions, to true, whenever it is not a full Block, in order to fix it.
[REMOVED] The Rightclick to get Temperature Function from the Crucibles and the Molds. Build a Thermometer Sensor and place it on the Crucible, or just look if the Stuff you inserted begins to melt, if you cant affort a Steel Plate, 4 Fine Red Alloy Wires, 3 Glass and a Pile of Redstone.
[CHANGED] Thanks to the complaints of axlegear, in order to use Diamonds for making Steel you will need to heat them to 4200 Kelvin before using their Carbon. So in the beginning you now have to use Graphite in order to make Steel.
[CHANGED] Thanks to even more complaints of axlegear Iron Ore processing is now much harder and requires Carbon (from Graphite) or Dark Ashes (product of burning Coal or Lignite Coal, but not Charcoal) and in some cases Calcite. Vanilla alike Iron Ore and Pyrite Ore do not require this. Dark Ashes can be used, because it has a high Carbon Content, as well as it is not being as flammable as Coal itself.
[CHANGED] Worldgen so some of the small Ores are not pure anymore (Iron, Nickel). Other small pure Ores are now rarer and about 50% replaced by impure variants of them. This should give more variation to Ore Processing, when not finding any large Veins. And yes, it is partially axlegears fault too. Blame him. :p
[CHANGED] Molds now cool down five times faster.
[ADDED] Scrap as remains from 100% broken Tools.
[ADDED] Marble and Basalt. Finally. Because Marble was needed as a more abundant Source of Calcite than large Lapis Veins, and Basalt was uhhm, well, it was already textured since GT5 so I added it too.
[ADDED] Knives, Butchery Knives and Universal Spades back.
[ADDED] Basalt and Iridium Crucibles to progress farther than Vanadium.
[ADDED] Electric Heaters. They are compatible with IC² Electricity.
They are always active, so they either need a Splitter Cable or one of the Storage Block Redstone Modes to be shut down.
The Recipes of them are slightly temporary, but they should be about as resource expensive as the actual way.
This in combination with the Thermometer Sensors makes Fully Automatic Smelteries possible.
[ADDED]
Sensor Block. It can display the scanned Value as well as emit Redstone based on that Value.

Thermal dynamics (ALPHA RELEASE!) (1.0.0-129)
no changelog provided.
CoFHCore (ALPHA RELEASE!) (3.0.2-282)
Updated multiple times today with no changelog provided.
CoFHlib (ALPHA RELEASE!) (1.0.3B1-163)
No Changelog Provided
Thermal Recycle (ALPHA RELEASE!) (1.7.10-0.3.5ALPHA)
ADDED:
  • Core: Decomposition can be crafted/upgraded to different levels similar to Thermal Expansion machines. These different levels give additional benefits to the scrapping process. Details can be found on the Wiki.
Thaumic energistics (0.8.10.1)
Built for:
  • MC: 1.7.10
  • Forge: 10.13.2+
  • Thaumcraft: 4.2.3.5
  • Applied Energistics 2: rv2 stable 1
Added

• Search Mode, Tall Centered, and swapable armor slots to the Arcane Crafting Terminal.
  • Essentia Storage & Conversion Monitors.
Changes

• Players need Import&Export permissions to open Arcane Assembler GUI.
  • Terminals can be rotated with a wrench.
  • Essentia Storage Bus supports ME Interface part for subnetworks.
Bugfixes

• ACT search bar retains its contents when viewing NEI recipes.
  • The essentia sub-network sync bug ~might be~ fixed.
  • Vis export from the VRI now supports crystal attunement.

Funky locomotion (Funky Locomotion Beta 5c)
Fix NPE crash

If I did something wrong I'm sorry, not used to this :p
just so you know the curseforge links arent ment to be used by us its not the offical releases therefor we dont post them here because they are updated often but arent "stable" the stable ones are on curse not curseforge for any mods by teamcofh

i know you have the curse links but im talking about that your announcing the alpha builds on curseforge

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I've updated the modpack Colony to version 1.1.2. Yay!
Here's the changelog:
Updated Minecraft Forge to version 10.13.3.1403 for MC 1.7.10

Removed CoFHLib (Turns out it’s unnecessary)
Added Steve’s Addons (SFM Addon) by hilburn
Added RFDrills by goldenapple
Added CopperTools by goldenapple
Added FastLeafDecay by Olafski
Added RF Windmills by Piepenguin
Updated RFTools to 2.83
Updated Applied Energistics 2 to rv2
Updated Tinker’s Construct to 1.8.5
Removed Redstone Armory and it’s dependency, ttCore
Disabled RedstoneArsenal’s Flux-Infused Wrench, Sword, Shovel, Pickaxe, and Axe. The BattleWrench, Fishing Rod, Sickle, Bow and Armor set were left enabled.
Disabled dupe tool and armor materials from CopperTools, as well as Emerald tools and armor.
Disabled MFR’s Steam Turbine. The Steam Boiler’s still cool, though. ^^
Added recipe for Cyanite ingots using some electrum nuggets, a bit of lapis, and a yellorium ingot
Made Blutonium and oreDict Plutonium-equivalents unsynthesizable.
Made MFR’s Steam Boiler a bit more expensive. It’s awesome, but a little overpowered alongside a Big Reactor turbine.
Rebalanced Fluxed Armor Plating to be a little more expensive
Made RFTools’ Machine Frame yield two per craft. Also added a recipe that swaps out the iron ingots for steel and yields six.
Added a recipe for slag (easier clay in the long run)
Made the Simple Dialers and Matter Transmitters/Receivers from RFTools a bit cheaper (notably, reduced the ender pearl cost). Also added a recipe that yields two each of the transmitter or receiver, but requires steel ingots instead of iron.
Made the final space quest a little more ‘enticing’
Made the space questlines that require only cobblestone consume tasks instead of detect. No more skipping the reading! ;)
Updated the AE2 tutorial to talk about the Energy Acceptor (which I was unaware of)
Added a recipe for Charged Certus Quartz. Man, that stuff was a pain to craft.
Fixed the Smeltery Crash! Yay!
Add recipes and repair recipes for Candy Cane tools! yay!

Note that the changes to Redstone Arsenal and the removal of Redstone Armory are due to the combination of CopperTools, RFDrills, and TiCon.

Hope you all enjoy the update! :D

Nice!
Although, I hope you are aware that the Flux Crusher requires the RA tools that you disabled to be crafted.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

XBlack_LeopardX

Jul 29, 2019
New Mod!
@XCompWiz Looking glass
XCompWiz said:
LookingGlass's name is a reference to Through the Looking Glass (The novel following Alice in Wonderland).

The mod provides an API for other mods to use to create live, animateable render views of other dimensions. It does all the heavy lifting and rendering of the other worlds, providing a simple interface to the perspective of the other world. The rendering of the other world is provided as a simple texture.

@XCompWiz MystCraft
XCompWiz said:
[ModCompat]LookingGlass integration
[Build]Fixes mcmod.info file version reporting

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/222377-elemental-essences#t1:description
Added new item called Rite of Transmutation - allows you to change between different types of saplings, crops, skulls, dyes, etc.

Many changes to textures. More texture changes will occur in the next update.

Added Cognition ore and Tabula Rosa, which are now used in crafting of the runes

Decreased the spawn rate of all ores - decreased the amount of essence per smelting operation to one, this may change later