What's new in modded minecraft today?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I just released RFTools 2.80 with the following changes:

2.80:
  • First remove config/rftools/main.cfg to get new and changed settings and also fix a config bug. Also read the warning below on the screen support.
  • Dimension related changes:
    • The 'frozen dimension' option is now default. It can still be disabled if this causes problems.
    • Reduced mining fatique from 4 to 2 if the player is using a Phased Field Generator to make sure he can get his or her grave back.
    • If a dimension is unpowered no animals or mobs will spawn. This prevents a problem where for some obscure reason a frozen/unpowered dimension caused massive amounts of squid to spawn.
    • Fixed celestial bodies in a world where time is frozen. They would all be at the same fixed spot. This is now randomized better so all bodies will appear on a random spot. The dominant sun and moon will still be at the expected spot however.
    • When generating liquids for orbs and liquid orbs you are now always guaranteed to get one liquid.
    • Fixed a potential problem with liquid orbs not having a valid liquid which would causes crashes during chunk generation.
    • To avoid the problem of being unable to get your items back in a frozen dimension the Phased Field Generator will from now on revive all entities around the player in a certain radius (default 5). This will allow the player to dig the grave, pick up entities and so on. Mobs will also become active but it is not possible to cheat with this as the player cannot attack anything in a dimension without power (a PFG does not help with that) while the mobs can.
  • Teleportation related changes:
    • Added a new 'Dial Once' option to the dialing device. With this option you can dial a transmitter to a receiver. Upon first teleport from that transmitter the dial will be removed so that other players cannot follow. This is useful to be able to dial from a public place to a private receiver and make sure noone can follow you.
    • It is now possible to mark receivers as favorite in the dialing device. This is remembered per player.
    • In the dialer you can now also filter out all receivers/destinations that are not marked as favorite. This option is remembered per dialer.
    • Implemented a new 'simple dialer' block. This block can react to a redstone signal and based on that dial or interrupt a single connection. This is especially useful in combination with the wireless redstone and interactive screen support (see later).
  • Screen related changes:
    • Screen modules can now be interactive! The first interactive module is the 'Button' module. This module will react to the player left-clicking and can send out a wireless redstone signal. It can be used in 'push' or in 'toggle' mode. To use the 'Button' module you have to sneak-right click on a redstone receiver. The first time this is done with a module this will create a new channel and set this to the module. It will also copy that channel on the receiver so the redstone receiver will get redstone signals from the button.
    • To support this the screen is now a proper multiblock. You still have to use the wrench to toggle between large/transparent/normal modes but if you go to large mode invisible blocks will be used (this is needed to register mouse clicks for interactive screens). If you use any existing large screens in your world it is recommended that you sneak-hit that screen with a wrench 4 times to get the proper multiblocks there. This only has to be done once.
    • The large screen now has a proper rendering box which means it will no longer disappear if it is at the border of your display.
  • Environmental controller related changes:
    • Implemented the night vision module for the environmental controller.
    • Implemented the water breathing module for the environmental controller.
    • Made sure that an active environmental controller with modules in it always consumes a minimum amount of RF. Configurable and set to 5 by default.
  • Varia:
    • Improved the visual appearance of widget lists (as used in the dialer and storage scanner and various other RFTools blocks) so that the selection bar no longer goes over the border. Looks a lot cleaner that way.
    • Fixed a bug where clicking an empty ChoiceLabel would crash the game. This could happen if the player puts an uninitialized machine information module in a screen and then uses the UI on the choice label.
    • Made the crafter a bit more robust in case of mod updates where some recipes no longer work or resulting items are different. In this case it will simply ignore the recipe.
    • Fixed a bug with the Energy Extractor getting the wrong value from the wrong config field.
    • Big cleanup and simplification of the code to setup the screen module GUI.

Curse: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a71dbs35m12v1g7/rftools-2.80.jar

Enjoy!

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Marble 0.2.1 and 0.3 are released!
What? You don't know what Marble is? How could you?
Anyway, here are the changes:
0.2.1 changelog said:
0.2.1 - The Smaller Bugfix
  • [FORGE] Updated to 10.13.2.1291
  • [CHANGED] Right-clicking rope while holding rope in your hand will extend it downwards
  • [REMOVED] "Creative Only" tooltips
  • [FIXED] Certain items being uncraftable again >:/
  • [FIXED] Gem dusts not having proper tooltips
0.3 changelog said:
0.3 - The Unwritten update
  • [ADDED] The ability to turn signed Written Books back to unsigned Writable Books. All the text will be saved.
And that's it, really.

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
Spent some time improving the color sorting code, and tried it out on the only mod worthy

:D

6a8d4d06b1.jpg

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
Wondering what to do with your GregTech Crucible? Maybe you'd like to actually create something with all that molten metal instead of just having a pile of scrap?
Introducing, molds!
index.php

Spent some time improving the color sorting code, and tried it out on the only mod worthy
Try color sorting the tens of thousands of blocks/items in GregTech 6.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering what to do with your GregTech Crucible? Maybe you'd like to actually create something with all that molten metal instead of just having a pile of scrap?
Introducing, molds!
index.php

Try color sorting the tens of thousands of blocks/items in GregTech 6.
... is it bad that I focused on the minimap first, and GT second?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Ryanasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
TomEV has updated Router Reborn (1.1.15)
* New renderer

*Fixed itemfilter allowing filtered items to enter the router

* added renderer for showing items passing threw
lorddusk has updated Hardcore Questing Mode (4.2.3)
FIXED : Graphic Icons now should all show up in the book. HOPEFULLY.

FIXED : Some lag spikes that happen when you have more than 1 location task in your quest book.
MysteriousAges updated Magic Bees (2.3.0 BETA)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a beta update, so use with caution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Botania integration is here!

• Recycle excess drones into Mana with the Beegonia!
  • Create new drones and princesses with the Hiveacynth!
  • A bunch of Botania bee species!
  • Mana-based Magic Apiary booster block!
  • EXTRA EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!
AlgorithmX2 updated Applied Energistics 2 (rv2-beta-29)
This is a beta update, so use with caution
Fixes #329: Crafting can use items in Storage Bus + Interface Combo - yueh

Fixes #456: Fixed interface putting crafting items into itself - yueh

Fixes #1186: Storage Cells drop upgrades upon disassembling - thatsIch

Fixes #1256: Display stack size dependent on width - thatsIch

Fixes #1264: Does not crash on missing RF API - thatsIch

Fixes #1271: Added missing pack.mcmeta - thatsIch

Fixes #1277: Removed config option for MJ-P2P Tunnel - thatsIch

Fixes #1310: Items stay on NEI Recipe shift-clicking - yueh

Closes #1270: Improves NEI grinder overlay localization - thatsIch

Improved exception output - thatsIch

Update it_IT.lang - theelixzammuto

Update ru_RU.lang - Anton & Adaptivity

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Updated Hunger Overhaul to beta.6

Changelog said:
  • Moved config/HungerOverhaul.cfg to config/HungerOverhaul/HungerOverhaul.cfg
  • Added "blank slate" config generation to make it easy to pick and choose what you want from HO
    • HO will create config/HungerOverhaul/blankslate.cfg that contains settings to disable all of HO's changes
    • HO will create config/HungerOverhaul/default.cfg that contains all default config settings
  • Added config option: modifyRegenRateOnLowHealth (Allows disabling the effects of lowHealthRegenRateModifier)
  • Added config option: modifyCropDrops (Allows disabling the effects of seedsPerHarvestMin/Max and producePerHarvestMin/Max)
  • Added config option: addSeedsCraftingRecipe (Makes the addition of the wheat -> seeds crafting recipe optional)
  • Added Natura barley -> barley seeds recipe if HO adds wheat -> seeds
  • Added Natura config section and various Natura config options (removeNaturaFlourCraftingRecipes, removeNaturaFlourSmeltingRecipe, and addAlternateNaturaFlourCraftingRecipes)
  • Split all low stat effect options into separate heath/hunger components (e.g. addLowStatNausea becomes addLowHealthNausea and addLowHungerNausea)
  • Fixed JSON-based food values not always taking precedence over HO defaults
  • Fixed Thaumic Tinkerer infused grain dropping wheat
  • Added vanilla values to all config option comments
  • Localized hunger/health status effect text
  • Added extra safety for json item/block definitions
  • Updated Italian localization (thanks @TheVikingWarrior)
  • Updated Russian localization (thanks @Adaptivity)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I just released RFTools 2.80 with the following changes:

• Dimension related changes:
    • If a dimension is unpowered no animals or mobs will spawn. This prevents a problem where for some obscure reason a frozen/unpowered dimension caused massive amounts of squid to spawn.

Enjoy!

That should be left as a config option.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
and @WildBamaBoy with Minecraft Comes Alive
WildBamaBoy said:
Minecraft Comes Alive 5.0.2
  • Feature: Rose gold can now be disabled by setting spawn weight to 0 or less.
  • Change: Guards and archers who are married no longer carry their weapons or fight.
  • Change: Setting home points should now be more reliable.
  • Fix: A few dialogue issues have been resolved.
  • Fix: Possible crashes due to a behavior that is not yet implemented will no longer happen.
  • Fix: MCA villagers activated or killed by Thermal Expansion's Autonomous Activator will no longer crash the game.
  • Fix: MCA villagers killed by specific mobs will no longer cause a crash.

and @Kandivia with Configurable Health
kandivia said:
Configurable Health 2.0
  • Added Hearts
  • "Eat" to increase the player's Max Health by 1 Heart
  • "playerTopMaxHealth" config setting limits how many hearts a player can obtain.
  • Can be crafted with 9 Heart Fragments
  • Fragments drop from mobs at a low chance("chanceHeartFragDrop" config)

and @Piepenguin with RF Windmills
Piepenguin said:
This mod adds four tiers of wind turbines based on Thermal Expansion's machine frames (basic, hardened, reinforced, and resonant) with increasing RF generation and internal storage. The exact RF/t varies depends on altitude and space around the block, with the turbine producing no energy at all at a height of 60 blocks or below, and producing maximum energy at an altitude of 100 blocks or more. The turbine also needs space for the air to flow, and so placing blocks in direct line of the rotor (closer than 10 blocks) will also reduce the turbines effectiveness.

The generation and storage for each tier are
  1. Basic - Generates up to 5 RF/t and stores 16 000 RF
  2. Hardened - Generates up to 15 RF/t and stores 32 000 RF
  3. Reinforced - Generates up to 30 RF/t and stores 48 000 RF
  4. Resonant - Generates up to 45 RF/t and stores 64 000 RF
These are only preliminary though, they're subject to change if found to be too high/too low.

Sneak-right clicking on a wind turbine will report its current (and maximum) energy storage, and sneak-right clicking with a Buildcraft-compatible wrench will instantly drop the block with its storage intact. Right clicking with a wrench will turn the turbine to face you, but they face towards you when placed too.

Requirements
Whilst this mod is designed to work with Thermal Expansion, it isn't necessary and the mod will work perfectly well without, albeit with different recipes to compensate for the lack of machine parts. Thermal Foundation isn't actually necessary either, although both are recommended.

Usage
Use this in whatever modpack you want, no need to ask. The code is licensed under the GPL and I'm by no means a Java dev so feel free to fork. If you find any bugs or have feature/enhancement requests please submit an issue.

and @X_Simeon with Matter Overdrive
X_Simeon said:
Matter Overdrive 0.2.1
  • Various fixes.
  • Fixed Pattern Storage not storing items
  • Added new Drink Earl Gray Tea
  • Added 2 new Weapon Modules
  • Earl Gray Tea and Emergency rations can now be found in dungeon chests, and replicated.
  • Fixed Phaser not attracting enemy attention.

and @allaryin with ExtrabiomesXL
allaryin said:
ExtrabiomesXL 3.16.2
  • Fixed Treecapitator support.
  • Added the ability to disable quicksand to the config file.
    • Also added the ability to disable cracked sand, but this behavior is currently untested if you leave wasteland biomes enabled.
  • Added the ability to disable “legendary” oak generation to the config file.
  • Merged in a lot of localization updates from the community for:
    • French
    • French Canadian
    • Italian
    • Brazilian Portuguese
    • Russian
  • Fix for disabled Forestry backpacks crashing things.

and @chylex with Hardcore Ender Expansion
chylex said:
Hardcore Ender Expansion 1.8.1
Important
- THIS IS A BETA! Please, use it for testing and report any bugs and strange behavior to the GitHub issue tracker; if you intend to try out the beta publicly (videos, streams), tweet me @chylexMC and if I can, I'll take a look :)
- Large amount of the code changed, there is a chance I overlooked something so please report anything strange immediately!
- Removed the old API in favor of IMC messages, this will crash mods that still use it

Additions
- New IMC messages for Instability Orb item and mob management

Changes
- Removed Essence Altar socket mechanics in favor of enhancements, make sure you picked up the gems before
- Ender Dragon will try to return to 0,0 and freeze only if there is nobody nearby
- Tweaked Instability Orb - exploding Orbs will hurt players, items and some of nearby Orbs, and TNT explosions will no longer prevent Orb explosions
- Increased chance for Hidden Cellar to spawn rooms that aren't empty
- Enhanced Brewing Stand potions extend by greater steps (less Redstone required)

Bugfixes
- Mod entities can be named using Name Tags
- Fixed a potential problem with Orb and derpy mods that don't follow recipe conventions
- Energy Wand shows correct decimal places
- Curse of Teleportation no longer causes desync when a mob is spawned directly on it

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. How's it different to a flux-infused pickaxe?
I would say that the flux-infused pick is very end-game and not superior to Tinker's tools. This is clearly early-game, and I'm hoping it is somehow better than TiCon picks (not because I dislike TiCon, but because my electric drill should be better than my steel pickaxe).

Reactions: Pyure

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Cool. How's it different to a flux-infused pickaxe?
It mines both pickaxe- and shovel-type blocks. It's also upgradeable, similarly to Simply Jetpacks (without the Flux tier, although I might consider a Vajra equivalent that runs on RF). And it adds early-game EnderIO drills.
I'm still not sure about the balance though... I'll need some feedback when I release it, because they are kinda underpowered compared to Redstone Arsenal tools.

Reactions: the_j485

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It mines both pickaxe- and shovel-type blocks. It's also upgradeable, similarly to Simply Jetpacks (without the Flux tier, although I might consider a Vajra equivalent that runs on RF). And it adds early-game EnderIO drills.
I'm still not sure about the balance though... I'll need some feedback when I release it, because they are kinda underpowered compared to Redstone Arsenal tools.
I would say that in order to keep electric tools useful, they need to somehow be better than both Tinker's tools AND better than RA tools. RA is easy - just make the early-game variants cheap, then maybe make an actual RA-type drill. For Tinker's, though... I think maybe what you're doing is good. Combining multiple tools into one slot is something that Tinker's doesn't do; that's something you can let this mod excel at. Or, of course, you could actually make a Tinker's addon that adds Tinker's drills. I'd love that. :D

Reactions: gardenapple

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I updated "Curse ModPack Downloader" (cross platform program, not a mod) to 0.2.
Changes:
  • Caches mods to be more efficient
  • Fixes issues with manifest.json files with newlines in the wrong spot (e.g. Infinity)
Instructions on how to use it are currently in the initial release notes, here: https://github.com/portablejim/curseDownloader/releases/tag/v0.1

Note: It is your responsibility to keep the pack as up to date as you want (or as up to date as the person you mention bugs to wants it to be). Bugs with modpacks may be cleaned up in newer versions, so ensure you are on the latest version of a pack before reporting bugs to the modpack author.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

If you could match the drills kinda closely to simply jetpacks, in terms of cause and amount of time it can be used befor needing to be recharged. That would balance well.

You could even have the higher versions being able to come with or be able to add add-ons.
Using TE machine upgrades as a basis. The higher tiers being able to add more upgrades and more powerful versions of them.
Just don't do that bit where you have have tiers one and two in to get tier 3 to work that part is annoying. It would be better if you could just upgrade the addons by removing the addon and using it as one of the crafting ingredients in the next tier.

The upgrades could include silktouch, fortune, smelting, trash and even veinminer.
Especially veinminer. A version that you have to earn would be very nice to have.

And you might also want to make the upgrades smart or configurable via a GUI. So it would use fortune on some ores silk touch on others and smelting on others still.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you know what I have always wanted in one of these powered machines. A enderchest/tesseract link. I mean I can literally eat through mountains of material but keep having to stop and send the material back home. Having the machine do that for me would be so much better. With an appropriate cause for the upgrade.
And using that system to power the drill remotely from home would be nice as well.

And no this would not be OP powerfull yes but this upgrade would be end tier (I have automated everything, punched herobrine between the legs, inslaved notch to grind cobble for me, and now I want to dig up a few hundred stacks of yellorium to make a max sized reactor) use.