What's new in modded minecraft today?

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
BuildCraft 6.4.4 and Compat 6.4.1. Just bugfixes, really. Including a very important Ender IO-related one many of you will enjoy.

Bugfixes:
  • [#2574} Construction Marker issues (asie)
  • [#2566] ConcurrentModificationException on Planter (hea3ven)
  • Broken alternate sealant recipe config option (Unh0lyTigg)
  • Planters sometimes not finding valid blocks (hea3ven)
  • Potential fix for block breaking robots hanging up on air blocks (Kubuxu)
Bugfixes (BuildCraft Compat):
  • Ender IO non-item conduits treated as item conduits (asie)

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
BuildCraft 6.4.4 and Compat 6.4.1. Just bugfixes, really. Including a very important Ender IO-related one many of you will enjoy.

Bugfixes:
  • [#2574} Construction Marker issues (asie)
  • [#2566] ConcurrentModificationException on Planter (hea3ven)
  • Broken alternate sealant recipe config option (Unh0lyTigg)
  • Planters sometimes not finding valid blocks (hea3ven)
  • Potential fix for block breaking robots hanging up on air blocks (Kubuxu)
Bugfixes (BuildCraft Compat):
  • Ender IO non-item conduits treated as item conduits (asie)

Buildcraft didn't just update as soon as I re downloaded, did it? ;-;

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @jaquadro with Storage Drawers
jaquadro said:
Storage Drawers 1.3.3
  • Added Thaumcraft integration (aspect labels and tooltips)
  • API updates

and @Kulttuuri with Quick Hotbar
Kulttuuri said:

What's this?
Have you ever been building that epic structure or map and you find yourself spending so much time swapping out blocks into the 9 slots you have been given? Me too! So with this mod, while holding down left CTRL you will see a preview of all 27 inventory slots. Use your mouse wheel to toggle inventory rows up or down. As you are doing this, you will get a preview of your inventory slots in game. And with the latest version you can also hold down number and switch items in just one column. Cool, huh?
635356669596273706.png

Compatibility
This mod works in both singleplayer and multiplayer. You only need to install this mod into your client (special mention and thanks to Kobata for helping out with this.). It is also possible to install this mod into your server, and if you do so server will assist in item switching to bypass desyncing issues and also if you install the mod into your server, clients are not required to have the mod installed.

In Minecraft 1.7 left ctrl is the default sprint key. This mod does not register keybindings into Minecraft registry but I check for keypresses manually, which means that you can still use your sprint key while using this mod
635356669595621376.png

So, how it all got started anyway?
As I have been developing MinecraftEdu, my friend who also is one of MinecraftEdu's educational advisors started asking me for a mod that allows you to very easily switch your inventory row while you are playing. As this was something I also though of being useful, I got excited about making a Forge mod about it and here we are now
635356669594705661.png

and @victorious3 with Integrated Circuits
victorious3 said:
Integrated Circuits 0.8r32
  • Added experimental support for bluepower

and @Elec332 with Custom Villagers
Elec332 said:
Custom Villagers 1.1Beta.11
  • Added experimental minetweaker support
  • Added an forced crash if you try to register an villager with an ID that is already taken.

and @OndraSter with Better Sleeping
OndraSter said:
Better Sleeping 0.8
  • Added support for EnviroMine's sanity. When you get too tired you start losing sanity (check config for level and amount of sanity lost).
  • Added support for Pam's HarvestTheNether (so that you can sleep in the nether with appropriate bed).
  • Note that Nether (Hell) doesn't support setting time, so messages about time will not represent actual time! Using alarms is very much suggested so that you know how long you've actually slept!
  • And some internal rewrites for easier future expanding. If you run into some feature broken (which you may due to this rewrite) report them to me immediately, please!

and @Reika with DragonAPI, ChromatiCraft, ReactorCraft & RotaryCraft
Reika said:
DragonAPI, ChromatiCraft, ReactorCraft & RotaryCraft V5c
  • DragonAPI: Fixed berry bush handling
  • DragonAPI: Fixed version command being admin-only
  • DragonAPI: Made mods load after WAILA
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Crystal Lens crafting
  • ChromatiCraft: Reduced excessive ball lightning spawns
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed GUI scale affecting lexicon
  • ChromatiCraft: Added TFC support
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed TC dependency
  • ChromatiCraft: Added new ComputerCraft interfacing
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed crystal laser server crash
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed dyes not being fabricable
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Inventory Linker crashes when closing GUI
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Farmer trying to farm below the bedrock if it was in negative Z coordinates
  • ChromatiCraft: Improved Farmer render
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Breadcrumb localization
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Breadcrumb kicking players
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed tiny pebble beds generating extreme amounts of heat
  • ReactorCraft: Added TFC support
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed Compactor API
  • RotaryCraft: Made recipe pattern support Blast Furnace and Worktable
  • RotaryCraft: Recipe patterns can now override normal automation rules on Blast Furnace and Worktable
  • RotaryCraft: Added ability to centrifuge MagicCrops XP drops into liquid XP
  • RotaryCraft: Added TFC support
  • RotaryCraft: Config-hard difficulty now has a 5% chance of consuming the ghast tear in the fractionator
  • RotaryCraft: Added a new achievement
  • RotaryCraft: Fuel lines are now the pipes to carry other mods' fuels

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
New release of RFTools (2.70):

2.70:
  • New mob spawner system! This system can spawn any mob for which a dimlet exists (withers, villagers, wisps, blazes, enderman, ...)
  • Protected the dimlet workbench, the dimension enscriber, and the dimlet scrambler so that they will no longer crash in case you insert a blacklisted or invalid dimlet.
  • Changed one of the messages in the enscriber to be a bit more clear about what the issue is.
  • Changed "Err" in dimension enscriber to "Warn" to indicate that it is not always an actual error.
  • Disabled pinkslime from being selectable as random fluid for oceans (still possible for features).
  • Do not allow the nether ores to be generated at random for the terrain (to avoid the explosions).
  • The ability to add custom mob dimlets now works. Added Blizz and Wisp dimlets (so they can also be used by the spanwer) if the respective mods are present.
  • When a dimension runs out of power you now get 1000000 damage instead of 1000. Hopefully that will make it somewhat harder for people with Draconic Armor.
  • Added the creative only shard wand. An item to toggle between maximum and minimum infusion.
  • Added a new tier3 shield that does 4 times as much damage with 2 times as much power.
  • Changed the tier2 and tier3 shield recipes so that they preserve their NBT data.
  • Fixed a client-side dependency on the server with the volcanic core block.
  • Added a new loop4 mode to the sequencer. This is similar to loop3 except that it will turn off a signal if it gets no redstone signal itself and also reset to start.

Curse: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sk90dawegarrib0/rftools-2.70.jar

Have fun!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @ProfMobius with Prattle
ProfMobius said:
Prattle 0.0.6
  • FIXED : Channels flagged as local will not show join/leave anymore.
  • FIXED : Proper updating of the player list for PART=false or FORCED=true channels
  • FIXED : Overlapping background of the chat window when there is not enough lines in the buffer and a multiline msg is visible.
  • CHANGE : Help msgs are returned with a new fashion gray italic style.
  • ADDED : Prattle will play a short audio notice when you receive a new message. You can desactivate it in the config.
  • ADDED : 4 events are now available for 3rd mods to play with.

and @aokmikey with Particles Toggle
aokmikey said:
Summary
This mod allows you to toggle though the particle settings using a keybinding. The keybinding can be changed. This is my first mod so if i have done anything stupidly wrong please tell me and I will fix any problems :)

This does not save the setting after you close the game. It is meant for large mod packs and morph for times when you are a blaze and do not want to waste time going though 3 menus :).

9a5b5743290b28ef46f6006987faac45.jpg

and @lumien with Random Things
Lumien said:
Random Things 3.2
  • Added: Chat Detector
  • Added: Redstone Interface
  • Fixed: Player Interface Recipe
  • Fixed: Dyeing Machine Recipe
  • Fixed: Dyeing Machine Crash
  • Fixed: Online Detector OC Crash

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @V3thos with Customizable Armors Mod
V3thos said:
Customizable Armors Mod 1.3
  • Updated with mystery crates - You can now craft a mystery crate that gives you random tier one armor pieces including customizable ones! You might get one armor plating and nothing or you might get both or more than one piece of armor! Particles comes out from the block when placed.

and @pixlepix with Aura Cascade
pixlepix said:
Aura Cascade 310
  • Blacklisted QuantumFlux
  • Closed #12
  • Closed #40
  • New particle effects
  • Simplified configs for enchantment and potion ids

and @falling_dutchman with Durability Viewer
falling_dutchman said:
Durability Viewer 1.0.3
  • added ability to move the armor status HUD.

and @TehNut with LaunchGUI
TehNut said:
LaunchGUI
A utility for modpack creators that creates a GUI when the player initially launches the pack.
The GUI is fully customizable with up to 8 lines of text, a custom title, custom button text, and a manually set modid to look for.

32300c2975.png

Alternate Downloads
Sometimes Curse publishing is slow. You can find every download (Along with all my other projects) on my Jenkins.

Links
IRC: #TehNut on Esper

Twitter: @OfficialTehNut

Github: TehNut

and @ewyboy with Rainmaker
EwyBoy said:
A block that makes it rain when placed into the world. That is basically it.

This mod is specifically made for Agrarian Skies 2 by Jadedcat. Feel free to use it in your own maps or survival too.

Mod is in alpha and has no textures, models, animations, particles or sounds yet.

Live development:
The mod is being developed live at my twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/ewyboy

Want to support me?
http://www.patreon.com/EwyBoy

You can find me on twitter:

@EwyBoy

-EwyBoy

and @Vanhal with Progressive Automation
Vanhal said:
Progressive Automation 1.6.3
  • Added "Killer" Machine; This takes a sword and fuel and will attack anything directly above it (expandable with range upgrades). Can be given filter upgrades to limit the machine to certain mobs/animals/players
  • Added "Animal Farmer" Machine; This by default takes animal feed and fuel and will breed animals one block directly in front of it (East when placed). Can be upgraded with a shearing upgrade to allow the machine to shear (requires shears) and a milker upgrade to allow the machine to milk animals (milking will be placed into empty buckets).
  • Added 6 new upgrades for the above machines.
  • Machines can now be wrenched to rotate them (mainly for the likes for the chopper and farmer which interact with their first tile to the East)
  • Added in some help lines both within the machines and as an item description.
  • Added potato power, machines can run off potatoes (very badly and can be disabled in the configs)
  • Blocks can now be disabled by redstone
  • Fixed dupe bug with the crafter
  • Crafter will return buckets in crafting recipe

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
New release of RFTools (2.71) with the following changes:

2.71:
  • Implemented a new /rftcfg dimletcfg command. Hold a dimlet in your hand and type this command to show what information you can add to the config for this dimlet (to help blacklist it for example).
  • Implemented redstone handling in the dimension builder.
  • Implemented OpenComputers support for the dimension builder.
  • Fixed a crash bug with NEI and some mods that involve crafting.

Curse: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/115r01z2wxogpib/rftools-2.71.jar

Have fun!

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Nuclear Control 2 update 2.2.0a - "Yolo" by Xbony2
(available for 1.7.10)

"This version is sort of an alpha, backup your worlds before using it."

Changelog:
  • 5x5 Reactor Card with support in the Remote Thermal Monitor.
  • Added an API to the Range Trigger, meaning that not only the Liquid card, but the counter and generator cards can be monitored. Needs some testing, though.
  • Added more OpenComputers Drivers, including the (normal) Info Panel driver, Thermal Monitor Driver, and extended the Advanced Info Panel driver.
  • Changed a bunch of the recipes (again).
  • Adds the Italian language.
  • Made Gregtech recipes better, so you can make Big Reactors stuff and the Remote Thermal Monitor.
  • Fixed the older recipes, also uses refined iron instead of iron.
  • Fixed GUI-related bugs, as well as the Thermal Monitor not alerting neighbor blocks when it's redstone is inverted.
  • Fixes WAILA providers.
  • Added pack.mcmeta.
  • Updated Russian language.
  • Fixed issue with Energy Sensor Kit. This does mean you need version 691 (or higher) IC2.
  • Made the Web Upgrade more stable if/when it is used again.
  • Changed Big Reactor's recipes to be more NC2-ish.
  • Removed two commented-out classes.
  • Stabilized the BC-crossmod code.
  • Disabled web-related configs that didn't do anything.
  • Lots of refactoring.

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
GREG
6.00.23:
[FIXED] Strong Boilers being crafted with Quintuple Plates rather than Dense Plates.
[FIXED] Living Entities colliding with hot or full Boilers not getting damage.
[FIXED] Explosion Sizes for the larger Boilers.
[ADDED] Function to get all the related Energy Types to ITileEntityEnergy.
[ADDED] BlockTextureFluid to make it easily possible to Render Fluid Icons in World using my Renderer.
[ADDED] Burning Particles to the Burning Box.
[ADDED] Color for the Energy Unit Tooltips, so that every Energy Unit has its own Color.
[ADDED] IMTE Interface for overriding the Item Name.
[ADDED] Simple Method for writing the Item NBT of the Main Drop inside TileEntityBase4. That Method is also overridden by TileEntityBase6 in order to store Cover Data in the Drop, therefore it has another Name if you extend that Class to make sure it is not getting overridden wrongly by accident.
[REMOVED] the useless and laggy "aSide" Parameter in the setBlockBounds and getRenderPasses Functions of my own Rendering System.
[CHANGED] TileEntityBase6 now overrides some Rendering things in a final fashion in order to later allow Covers to be rendered properly. It has identical "getTexture2", "getRenderPasses2" and "setBlockBounds2" Functions to be overridden properly.
[CHANGED] ITexture.Util is now a bit more split up in order to separate the Render Preparation (color and ambient occlusion) and the actual rendering of the Icon.
The new burning box particles.
9601e28269.jpg

Explosions from the boilers with a higher capacity are now larger.
db132cabb3.jpg

XBlack_LeopardX

Jul 29, 2019
Im surprised I havent seen this mentioned yet!

@Aidan Mekanism V8

8.0.1 and 8.0.2 have been release with a bunch of bug fixes
Aidan said:
CAj7KsZVAAANKPu.png

Mekanism v8 is out!

It’s been a big release for me. 3/4 of a year in the making, I’m happy it’s finally done. There is so much in this release that there is no way I will be able to put it all in one changelog. I’ll do my best, though.

Content:

• Flamethrowers – deadly, hydrogen-powered, fire-shooting, ore-smelting, forest-burning pieces of steel.
  • Fusion Reactors – ultimate end-game energy production.
  • Lasers – high-powered laser beam emitters, capable of breaking blocks and cooking chickens.
  • Laser Amplifiers – control your lasers’ energy transmission and beam direction.
  • Laser Tractor Beams – store the items your lasers mine.
  • Factory Installers – upgrade machines to factories and factories to higher-tiered factories without breaking a block.
  • Gauge Droppers – quickly swap fluids and gases from machines’ GUI gauges.
  • Lithium – a brand new resource, created by evaporating Brine.
  • Hohlraums – the key to igniting Fusion Reactors.
  • Filter Upgrades – upgrade your Electric Pumps to filter out heavy water for Deuterium production.
  • Solar Neutron Activators – advanced, neutron-absorbing machinery for Tritium production.
  • Energized Induction Matrix – massive, modular, end-game, multiblock energy storage.
  • Oredictionificator – standardize a single kind of dust, ore or ingot for your resource collection.
  • Baby Skeletons – you heard me.
Enhancements:

• Brand-new upgrade system – upgrading never felt so good.
  • Redesigned side configuration menu – configure not only which sides items can enter, but also energy, gases and fluids.
  • Redesigned Seismic Reader GUI – now much cleaner and user-friendly thanks to Archtikz.
  • Enhanced Logistical Transporter algorithms – now much more server-friendly and work better with Bins.
  • Refactored machine recipe system – now completely optimized and more easily expandable for future additions.
  • IMC recipe API – allowing for much easier integration by other mod developers.
  • Digital Miner improvements – filter-based replace blocks, more filter-unique options, dynamic visual of the miner’s range, more user-friendly interface.
  • Teleporter redesign – now with a beautiful and advanced new interface and frequency-based teleportation, with private and public frequency networks.
  • Refactor of Salination Plant – now called Solar Evaporation Controller, much more CPU efficient, and capable of processing different resources.
  • Better NEI modules – neater, easier to interact with, and better showcasing of Mekanism recipes.
  • Better upgrade support – all processing machinery now can support upgrades, allowing for faster 5x ore processing.
  • Revamped multiblock system – all multiblocks now follow a unified framework, allowing for easier future additions and better code efficiency.
  • New multiblock features, including universal connected textures and multiblock creation animations.
  • Config-based machine disabling – server-based machine configuration to allow for disabling of certain machinery.
  • Improved sounds – machine and player-based sounds have been redesigned and improved to allow for seamless looping and better quality listening.
  • Refactored sound system – Mekanism’s sound system has been completely recoded to follow along Forge standards, meaning “sound mufflers” will now work on anything Mekanism.
  • Many more minor enhancements and additions I’m sure you will discover.
That was a mouthful.

Warning: Mekanism v8 contains some major changes that may corrupt some individual Mekanism machines or items. Please back up your world before you update, or preferably, start a new world before playing with v8. I will not be providing support on GitHub for transition issues.

I hope you all have as fun with v8 as I did developing it. I can’t take all the credit, though – unpairedbracket has been an unbelievable help this release, and is the brains behind the new revamped recipe system, sound system, connected textures, lasers and Fusion Reactor. Credit for the assets go to both my artistArchtikz and I.