What's new in modded minecraft today?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Last day, last update... Today it's been exactly 4 years that I've started this journey, and today, this journey has come to an end for me.

I started this topic 4 years ago to post all the latest mod updates, so everyone was able to see the really interesting new mods, or important and big mod updates.
But, the last few months the updates have become less interesting. Nowadays we've Curseforge, where you can easily see the newest mods and the latest updates, and the amount of interesting updates have become less frequent.
Most people now also play modpacks created by others, such as FTB, so there are less people looking for new updates or mods.

It's been a fun journey for me, where I even was offered to join FTB and bring the concept of this topic to the team (Though sadly that did not exactly worked out as planned.)
I want to thank FTB for supporting me these years, and giving me a place on the forum where I could continue this journey.
I also want to thank the other users who've been contributing to this topic, and following and supporting this topic, without you this project would've never reached this milestone.

But, as I said before, for me this journey has come to an end.
I don't know if this topic and category will stay open, that's for FTB to decide, but in the meantime people can still post updates for mods, new interesting mods they've come across, fun modpacks they've been playing or amazing texture packs that they've seen.

But for now, I'm saying goodbye :)

Best of luck on your future endeavors. Your contributions will be missed.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Best of luck to you, @Yusunoha !
This is the first thread I read everyday. I find it one of the most important threads here at the forums and can see it continuing for a long time, well, as long as modders keep creating amazing mods for this awesome game!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I shall atleast do one contribution to this, and that is the first public beta release of Thaumcraft https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/thaumcraft#c177!

Forgive me if i'm posting this in the wrong place;

Just tried to download the Beta, and my anti-virus picked up on it big time.
As in several warning dialoges and auto-blocking the download (normally I just get a single warning note about .jar files)

Has anyone else had issues/heard anything?

C

Closet Gamer

Last day, last update... Today it's been exactly 4 years that I've started this journey, and today, this journey has come to an end for me.

I started this topic 4 years ago to post all the latest mod updates, so everyone was able to see the really interesting new mods, or important and big mod updates.
But, the last few months the updates have become less interesting. Nowadays we've Curseforge, where you can easily see the newest mods and the latest updates, and the amount of interesting updates have become less frequent.
Most people now also play modpacks created by others, such as FTB, so there are less people looking for new updates or mods.

It's been a fun journey for me, where I even was offered to join FTB and bring the concept of this topic to the team (Though sadly that did not exactly worked out as planned.)
I want to thank FTB for supporting me these years, and giving me a place on the forum where I could continue this journey.
I also want to thank the other users who've been contributing to this topic, and following and supporting this topic, without you this project would've never reached this milestone.

I don't know if this topic and category will stay open, that's for FTB to decide, but in the meantime people can still post updates for mods, new interesting mods they've come across, fun modpacks they've been playing or amazing texture packs that they've seen.

Pretty much every day at 8am GMT I get stuck in traffic at the same spot. Everyday "Yusunoha posted in what's new in modded Minecraft" pops up on my phone, carrying me though the boredom for 10 minutes. Thank you man, for all your hard work over the years.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Forgive me if i'm posting this in the wrong place;

Just tried to download the Beta, and my anti-virus picked up on it big time.
As in several warning dialoges and auto-blocking the download (normally I just get a single warning note about .jar files)

Has anyone else had issues/heard anything?
My anti-virus didnt say anything, probably nothing to worry about.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Having a single place where a lot of short and to the point updates are posted on mods is very convenient. I have checked this thread once every day, for years now.

The work is (quietly) appreciated! :)

I hope someone will pick up the slack. If not, then this will be the end of an era.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you yusu for all the work you have put into this. I don't have the time I used to, to play let alone work on any mods, but this thread I read daily to keep up on the modding scene.

Good luck to you in your next great adventure.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

You've done a wonderful thing here, and it has introduced me to a number of mods I otherwise would have overlooked. Thank you for your time and service.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
I keep forgetting to post this here, but I've had this as a pinned tab most of the week. Its the CurseForge mod library sorted via last update.
Sadly I do not have time to do this every day, but hopefully we can all chip together in and keep the tradition alive :)

So without further ado; here's the latest 5

Forge Your World, by piro1000 et al
Introduction to Forge Your World

Forge your world is a mod that aims to be self-sufficient.

But the problem is that a mod of this size, is taking time to develop, especially in lonely.

You can find several categories in this mod, food, tools and armor, resources, decoration, and lots of other things in the future.

this mod is made in france

Pam's Harvestcraft by MatrexsVigil

AS OF 1.12.2b RE-BALANCING UPDATE ALL FOOD RESTORE NUMBERS HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ THE CHANGELOG FOR MORE DETAILS.

Official Up to Date (as of 1.12.2b Re-Balancing Update) HarvestCraft Recipe Sheet

Pam's HarvestCraft is an ever growing mod for Minecraft that currently adds (as of MC version 1.12.2):

60 new crops (including cotton for string)
6 garden bushes to find and harvest for crops (pick up bushes or let them spread like mushrooms)
36 fruit or item bearing trees
19 new fish (catch with normal fishing rod)
Simple Beekeeping (including candle blocks, wax/honey blocks, hardened leather armor, wax as fuel)
1400+ new items and foods

Re-balanced Vanilla foods
Placeable cake blocks of all new cakes
Presser block that allows you to produce resources (such as honey, bubbly water, baits, paper, and much more)
Well block that gives infinite water sources a better look
Market block that allows you to buy seeds, saplings, farm animal spawn eggs, and bonemeal for emeralds
Shipping block that allows you to sell crops, fish, meats, and beekeeping items for emeralds
Ground Trap and Water Trap blocks that allows you to use bait to 'catch' resources when placed in the ground/water
Use crop items to plant instead of seeds (like vanilla potatoes/carrots)
Turn buckets of water and milk into fresh versions for easy recipe use
Use tofu meat replacement items for vegetarian/vegan recipes
Right-click options for harvesting/auto-replanting (including vanilla MC crops)
Lang file support
Better overall mod support for auto-harvesting/etc
Everything is in the Ore Dictionary for other modders to use my items easily
Config file has options for everything!

Factory Tech, by ProfessorLucrio
Factory Tech is a new tech mod, centred around designing intricate automation setups. It adds some of the same machines as other tech mods, but it differs from them in that no machine in Factory Tech requires power. Instead, each machine has a list of parts that it needs to run, which gradually wear out and need replacing. It aims to be as close to a true tech mod as possible, in terms of making the challenge stem from creative engineering instead of resource acquisition.

JAM- Just A Magnet, by aokMikey
JaM - Just a Magnet Mod is a dead simple minecraft mod. it's only features are as follows

• Toggle on and off
  • Configurable Range and Speed
  • Light weight and simple to use
How to use
Install the mod, open up a world, edit your settings to change the default key for Numpad 3 (optional), Press toggle button and enjoy

Mr. Crayfish's Vehicle Mod, by Mr_Crayfish
About: This mod adds in working vehicles into Minecraft. So far this mod contains an ATV which you can ride around. It features real working steering, spinning wheels and sounds!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Valkyrien Warfare recently popped an alpha for 1.12

If you've never heard of this mod before, or aren't quite sure about it; this .GIF shows off the physics engine. That little house flying away at the end always puts a smile on my face.

Valkyrien Warfare is an airships mod that aims to succeed where all other mods have failed. Unlike mods before this, Valkyrien Warfare incorporates world regions, GJK ray-trace collision, and a custom (in house) Physics Engine designed to make your airship experience as realistic, and enjoyable as possible.

It supports players walking on ships, rotation on all 3 axes, perfect block interaction (semi-perfect with other mods), SMP support, Multi-Threaded collision physics, and really whatever you can think of.

Its a labor of love, coming directly from all fans of airship combat in Minecraft, we hope you enjoy it.

Also
New Beta for Forestry

New Release for Lyncanite's Mobs

New Release for No Recipe Book

And a little over 60 other mod updates in the last day.

Reactions: zBob and xbony2

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Bed Patch 2.0 released:
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/bed-patch

This is a small mod that fixes the long standing, very annoying bug that causes players to get stuck in beds after teleporting or changing dimensions. With this mod in place, beds should work properly!

Changelog:
- Changed the patch used. The new patch should have far less likelihood of having any conflict with a mod or unexpected side effects.

Morden.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Apparently, Optifine's website may have been compromised

I don't know at this time if it is the site itself trying to push stuff through your browser, the downloaded .jar files, or the damn ad hoops you are required to jump through to get to the download, but it's apparently been going on for a couple of days now.

Just to be safe, I'd advise avoiding Optifine like the plague for the moment, until this can get sorted out. I could just see some group swapping out the latest Optifine download with one loaded with a keylogger or something if they managed to seize the site. Be a better job of poisoning accounts than trying to push it through HTML5, at least.

Reactions: Lethosos

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Update: It was Ad.fly that was injecting malware into downloads. They authors of Optifine have dumped it in favor of alternative monetization options. Should be safe now.