What's new in modded minecraft today?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
lava bucket in the top left, and remove the water buckets from the water rod's recipe.
I was too lazy to put pics of both, because NEI

Just so you can place lava and not have it spread
Are you going to make it so that the water rod can replace a bucket in crafting recipes? That'd be uber-useful.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Lava lamps ?

... do they change color?
No... it is literally LAVA lamps...
As in you can use the Lava Rod to place lava on the ceiling.
But unlike when placing with a bucket, the lava block does not automatically get a block update. Which means it will not spread when placed.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... so, it's sitting there, until something happens?

... Maybe I should place some glass around it for safety? :)

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Botania version 180.
  • Added "*" as a corporea wildcard. (shadowfacts)
  • Added vuvuzela.
  • Fixed a crash when pushing blocks towards the pure daisy with a piston under some odd circumstances I don't properly know.
  • Fixed Thermalilies getting the same diminishing returns as hydroangeas.
  • (Technical) Fixed ElvenPortalUpdateEvent never getting posted to the event bus.
  • [API] Added "*" to the WILDCARD_STRINGS array in CorporeaHelper. (shadowfacts)
  • [API] Added a null check the ItemStack and its Item for RecipePureDaisy.isOreDict.
  • [API] Increased version number to 42.
Hope I did that right...

sinkillerj

Jul 29, 2019
ProjectE 1.4.4 is now live on the Curse Client and at: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/226410-projecte/files

###Version 1.7.10-PE1.4.4
* NEW: Transmutation GUI now has pages
* NEW: Mind Stone can now absorb nearby XP while on a pedestal
* NEW: Ignition Ring can ignite TNT
* FIXED: The amount of Covalence Dust needed for item repair is more in line with EE2
* FIXED: EMC remapping thread should now work properly
* FIXED: Possible block deletion issue with fluid amulets
* FIXED: Possible fix for a issue preventing localization during server play
* CHANGE: A large code refactor has taken place. This should be largely unnoticeable in gameplay but please report discrepancies
* CHANGE: Harvest Goddess Band works on plant life. Watch of Flowing Time works on everything else. Please report discrepancies

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
The long awaited smeltery has been added to GregTech!
6.00.30:
[ADDED] Made GT Wrenches BC Compatible.
[ADDED] Tin Alloy Steam Engines, Ironwood Steam Engines and Fiery Steel Steam Engines, also removed Bismuth Steam Engines.
[FIXED] Sync Bug on PrefixBlocks. But I really do think that vanilla should be able to set the Block Clientside before my Packet arrives instead of me having to schedule sending it 1 Tick later.
[ADDED] Scrap PrefixItem, in order to have literal garbage. This Item is used for decomposing Stuff and worse than Dusts since you cannot do anything but melting them down and other recycling things. Not only that each piece of Scrap is worth as much as just a Nugget, it also only stacks to 16 meaning it is terrible to handle. This is really proof that I add Junk to the Game.
[ADDED]
Smelting Crucibles of various Materials
each with a different maximum smelting Temperature (125% of the actual melting Point of the Material used to craft it in Kelvin)
including the calculation of Environmental Temperature into the whole process. This does mean that different Biomes mean different smelting. But that would only be useful at Biome Borders since the upcoming Molds would also be affected by Biome Temperature.
the Smelting Crucible requires a Heat Source (at any Side). Right now you only have the choice to put a Burning Box below, since that thing is the only Heat Generator. I do plan to make a regulatable Electric Heater which can keep a constant Temperature.
it can also be used to mix standard Alloys, like Bronze, Invar, Electrum, Ironwood, Annealed Copper, Wrought Iron, Steels and similar. For making regular Steel that way you need pure Carbon, and that stuff is as rare as Diamonds. Literally.
there is also a Book about Alloys which I added to Blacksmith, Stronghold Library and Dungeon Loot.
There's a book you can get from dungeon/blacksmith loot detailing how to make all the various alloys in the smeltery.
IVkJjhv.png

And the crucible itself
fMQcqRx.png

Just toss all your garbage in, heat it up, and you'll have a pool of molten metal.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You could do if you wanted...

...but if you don't have a roof that can burn, then there's never a block update; you get a lava source block perfectly staying in your ceiling.
Two things:
1. Doesn't the lava block get random updates?
2. What happens when I try to put glass around that lava? :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Two things:
1. Doesn't the lava block get random updates?
2. What happens when I try to put glass around that lava? :)
1) No, it shouldn't. I haven't seen them just update randomly at least.
2) Well, the minute you place a block next to it, you have updated it; it will start to flow. Best idea is place glass first. But at that point, you may as well just use a lava bucket.