What's new in modded minecraft today?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
*gestures aimlessly at things, notices how... unified... everything looks
SuXr1EG.png
I honestly don't know when "soon" is for an official release. I will say though that the repositories are set up in such a way that you can download the zip and it almost functions as the texturepack. The base project contains fairly complete things: https://github.com/CyanideX/Unity check the various forks for some other in-the-works textures if you're as impatient as I am (https://github.com/VapourDrive/Unity for what you see above, though definitely not guaranteed to be the same as the eventual release)
Also, for any users of Pressure Pipes by @bdew I present this:
7g3SW1Q.png
edit thanks @pc_assassin thats the last time I use the upload file function for images, imgur from now on :p

Attachments

• 2015-02-05_19.40.33.png
    2015-02-05_19.40.33.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 2015-02-05_20.03.48.png
    2015-02-05_20.03.48.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
JordsUtils0.7 - The screw 0.6 update is now live: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/226114-jordsutils/files/2226447
I want to first off thank @Elec332 for helping me out a LOT with this one.

So what does this update have to offer? Well let's see the changelog shall we:
You make mods o_O?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
*gestures aimlessly at things, notices how... unified... everything looks
I honestly don't know when "soon" is for an official release. I will say though that the repositories are set up in such a way that you can download the zip and it almost functions as the texturepack. The base project contains fairly complete things: https://github.com/CyanideX/Unity check the various forks for some other in-the-works textures if you're as impatient as I am (https://github.com/VapourDrive/Unity for what you see above, though definitely not guaranteed to be the same as the eventual release)
Also, for any users of Pressure Pipes by @bdew I present this:
I thought we would never see unity since cyanide quit

Oh and your pics are broken

Reactions: VapourDrive

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask what does your mod do?
TBH not much. It just adds some tools that make the game easier... along with a few blocks which act similar to those of secret rooms (a lot less functional, mainly for a few laughs with friends) and of course, zombie cannons (not really just for zombies, but hey ho)... there are a few other features too, but that is the basics.

As I say on CurseForge, it's a random utilitarian mod. Not really designed for other people to use, but I allow anyone to download it, so at least they don't have to download the few packs that I put it in to use it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @tterrag1098 with Ender IO
tterrag1098 said:
Ender IO 2.2.8.344
  • Fix painted glowstone and electric lights not dropping the correct items

and @TomEV with Router Reborn
TomEV said:
Router Reborn 1.1.14
  • Fixed: Eject in slotted mode should now reset to first slot avalible
  • Added: Ability to eject to buildcraft pipes, Output to buildcraft pipes added, but can still contain bugs.

and @MattDahEpic with Ore Dictionary Converter
MattDahEpic said:
The Ore Dictionary Converter easily converts different types of ore dictionary'ed items between each other.

Say you have some IndustrialCraft2 copper and want to have some Thermal Expansion copper? Use this mod and press the "c" key to convert between them. You have to specify which items convert into which first, though.

To report bugs, and for more details, see the minecraft forum post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...necraft-mods/2349169-ore-dictionary-converter

and @carliman with CustomWorldStart
carliman said:
CustomWorldStart

Short Description:
This is a mod mainly made for modpack creators who want to customize the start in a new world.

For example you can let a schematic spawn when the first player spawns in the world (Inspired by
the Wasteland Mod by GiMoe). You can give the player hunger from the start, set a custom world
time when the first player spawns etc.

All Features:
  • spawn structure(schematic file) at the first player's spawnpoint (customizable offsets)
  • give the player a custom amount of health, hunger and experience at start
  • give the player a potion effect at start
  • set a custom world time/weather when first player spawns
  • set a start dimension where new players spawn (doesn't work right now but I'm working at it)

Installation:
Just like other forge mods.

1. Install Minecraft Forge

2. Put the mod's zip file in the mods folder

Modpacks:
You are allowed to use it in your modpack, I made it mainly for them ;)

I only ask you to put a link to this site in your modpack's description.

I would be happy if you comment the link for the modpack below so I can see how the mod is used.

Please give me some feedback what I could add etc.

(I'm German so there could be some language mistakes)

and @NPException with Dimensional Pockets
NPException said:
Dimensional Pockets 0.10.4
Added
  • Ability to transfer items into and out of the Dimensional Pocket. The DP forwards all items to inventories that are adjacent to it or it's inner Connectors. (Given that the mode of the side in question is set to "Transfer")
Changed
  • Changed "RF-Transfer" mode to "Transfer". There is no need for two different modes. (At least not yet)
Fixed
Disabled teleport ability of EnderIO Traveler Staff and Ender Pearls inside of Dimensional Pockets

and @Vazkii with Botania
Vazkii said:
Botania r1.4-156
  • Fixed a crash when the Elementium Axe killed a player and dropped a skull.
  • Fixed the game completely freezing on the mojang splash screen on some AMD graphics cards. Technical details can be found here.
  • Fixed the Mana Enchanter adding enchantments twice to items that already have an NBT compound for some reason.
  • Fixed the Trodden Dirt Slabs giving the wrong block when picked in creative.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
BuildCraft 6.3.5 is out - the first release without @asiekierka 's active development:
asiekierka said:
Another new release! This time, we fix many bugs which have seriously annoyed BuildCraft players for quite a while.

Also, something of note: I have decided to quit active participation in the Minecraft modding community, for many reasons. This blog is not a good place of discussing that, however I just wanted to state that I will still package new releases of BuildCraft, based mostly on community pull requests (checked by me beforehand).

Grab the release here, and I really urge certain slower modpacks to consider updating, as I keep seeing bug reports for things fixed over a month ago!

Additions:

• [#2430] Support for most BuildCraft Factory blocks in the Builder (warlordjones)
  • Update for Polish localization (nister6000)
Bugfixes:

• [#2445] Edge case bugs in Auto Workbenches
  • [#2428] Massive Refinery bandwidth usage
  • [#2426] Refinery accepts fuel as input (warlordjones)
  • [#2422] Lists only use the first stack in each line (hea3ven)
  • [#2411] Accept Equivalents button does not sync properly in Lists (hea3ven)
  • [#2408] Too high oil viscosity (warlordjones)
  • [#2345] Partial localization for BC commands (warlordjones)
  • Assembly Table GUI synchronization broken

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@Mithion has updated Ars Magica 2 to version 1.4.0.007!
Mithion said:
Patch Notes - Ars Magica 2 :: version 1.4.0.007
==========================================================================================================================================

Additions:
==========================================================================================================================================
-The ender boots have been re-added
-The lightning charm has been re-added
-The ender guardian has been re-added
-The lightning guardian has been re-added
-Armor Imbuement has been re-added.
-It no longer uses XP orb pickup, negating the abuse with other mods. Check the compendium for the new functionality.
-Added a fishing flicker focus which will allow flickers to catch fish for you
-In honour of version 007, added Mana Martinis, which give a 5-minute buff offering 25% burnout gain reduction

Changes:
-The crystal wrench can now be used to un-link power sources, which can be used to prevent broken power links from being created
-The inscription table is now upgradeable
-There are three upgrade levels
-Each one applied unlocks another one of the shape group slots
-The table starts with only two shape groups available as a result
-AM Flowers no longer drop from tall grass
-Flicker pairing range has been increased to 20 blocks (up from 10)
-Flicker item sorting now has a configurable priority
-Flicker Habitats UI now has more information on it about function and etherium usage
-Inert spawners can now be reactivated to spawn entities using crystal phylacteries and dark etherium
-AMCore now detects Optifine and alters the ASM code to work alongside it
-Spell books have a tooltip warning to take the spells out before dying the books
-Potion IDs are now configurable

Fixes:
-Fixed multiple duplication bugs with the flicker system
-Fixed a bug with the flicker system regarding items not being transferred into the lower part of a double chest
-Broken power links can now be replaced properly
-Mage lights can now be dyed properly
-The colour modifier now works as intended, and will modify the color of the spell entity (if exists) and particles
-Spell books can be directly enchanted at an enchanting table, only with soulbound
-It only takes one level, but due to the way the enchanting table works, it will offer you other options at higher level costs
-There is nothing I can do about this, so make sure you don't spend levels unneccesarily
-Appropriation no longer crashes the game
-Otherworldly aura no longer crashes the game
-Electricity from spells renders properly now
-Mana potion bundles work as intended
-Illusion blocks have been fixed
-Sigils of containment/interdiction now more reliably block mobs
-Sigils of containment/interdiction can now have their range extended
-Replaced several new textures with new and/or improved ones made by D3miurge
-Keystones should no longer crash the game
-Everstone no longer crashes the game, and works as intended
-fixed several localization issues
-Fixed several other bugs that I don't remember