What's new in modded minecraft today?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Father Toast has released Utility Mobs 3.0.0 for 1.7.10!
Changelog:
- Rewritten the network system (or lack thereof). Target lists are now determined by the clients, not servers.
- Fixes several bugs related to using target/permission books on servers.
- Mob target list is now based on string entity ids instead of classes (will still read classes).
- Mob target list can now be edited via book writing.
- Default player targeting is now based on the mob target list (as Player) instead of server config.
- Unfriendly golems are now targeted by default.
- Added replacement versions of the vanilla utility mobs, so they will use your target lists.
- Shears can now be used to destroy any golem from this mod (sneak right click).
- Adjusted the stats of some golems.
- Rewritten turret upgrade system.
- Allows vanilla projectiles to be affected by upgrades.
- Non-arrow turrets (snow, fireball, and ghast) now accept slowness (slimeball) and poison (spider eye) upgrades.
- Fireball turrets additionally also accept exlosion (gunpowder) and fire explosion (fire charge) upgrades.
- Shotgun, volley, killer, and gatling turrets can now multihit.
- Reduced damage-per-arrow for shotgun and volley turrets.
- Explosion upgrade's explosion size reduced from 2 to 1.
- ??? upgrade has been toned down a bit.
- Fixed scarecrow item bug.
- Bound soul no longer drops gold, in accordance with its current recipe.
- Minor visual tweaks.
- Trapped chest golems now are solid while sitting.
- Fixed possible bug preventing sit command use on block golems.
- Golems no longer forget they were sitting when their owner logs out or changes dimension.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
More AE2 support from GregTech:
GregoriusT said:
V5.04.02:
Added Laser Engraver, Forming Press and molten Redstone.
Those can be used to make the AE Circuitry.
That the Forming Press requires PLATES for the Processors instead of Gems is intended, only exception being the Pure Certus Quartz.
Please watch the Voltage on the Laser Engraver Recipes, creating the AE Presses requires Extreme Voltage at least. (it is much easier to find the Presses in the Meteors)
The Mixer can do Fluix Crystals, Concrete and Energium Dust now.

Also, not really modded news, but the IC2 forum now has a shoutbox where you can blame greg for everything chat with the IC2 forum users. Me, Greg and some known figures can be found there for a quick chat, given we're online.

Last edited:

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
More AE2 support from GregTech:

Also, not really modded news, but the IC2 forum now has a shoutbox where you can blame greg for everything chat with the IC2 forum users. Me, Greg and some known figures can be found there for a quick chat, given we're online.
I still need to be an IC2 forum registered member before I get to use your soapbox, right?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
What's this? Self-repairing Vanilla tools with mana? I approve.
Vazkii said:
What if you want your Diamond Pickaxe to regen with mana? http://gfycat.com/SnoopyImpressionableArmednylonshrimp…
SnoopyImpressionableArmednylonshrimp.gif

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019

R1.2 113
  • Added a video guide you can access from the lexica botania, courtesy of WTFG33ks!
  • Added Hardcore passive generation. You can now set a number in the config file in which a passive flower (daybloom, nightshade, hydroangeas) will die after that time, in ticks. This is off by default.
  • Added the Timeless Ivy, add it to a tool and it can pull mana from your inventory just as if it's made of Manasteel.
  • Changed the textures for the Brown Mystical Flower, powered Ender Overseer and Redstone Root.
  • Fixed the Starfield Creator not working in multiplayer.
  • Fixed the Terra Shatterer and Vitreous Pickaxe not being able to be repaired in the anvil.
  • Made the Loonium more expensive in terms of mana.
  • [API] Added onKeyPressed() to LexiconPage.
  • [API] Added ticksExisted to SubTileGenerating.
  • [API] Increased version number to 12.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
just wanted to mention there's some Bukkit drama going around right now, but I think it may be better to not really discuss it in this topic
if you don't mind some personal opinions and want to know some more about this Bukkit drama, @Jadedcat posted a tweet about it
Jaded posted something about in RED.
I just kinda went "whatever - stuff".

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
just wanted to mention there's some Bukkit drama going around right now, but I think it may be better to not really discuss it in this topic
if you don't mind some personal opinions and want to know some more about this Bukkit drama, @Jadedcat posted a tweet about it
Thx sir, interesting stuff. Definitely worthy of mention here, but as you say, should be discussed off-thread.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
If but kit gets dropped I can already think of a good name for a rewrite "fukkit". XD