America
ftb.gamepedia.com
MeSPGZS.jpg

Binnie567:
Now this is a tooltip

BtvUSAkIUAE_E6b.png:large

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus, this topic has become completely useless. Yes, this is a discussion forum, but there's plenty of other threads to post gifs and random crap on. I liked this thread because it actually had lots relevant information in one place. It had high signal to noise, which was why I thought it was a great idea. I don't use Twitter because most of the posts there aren't relevant either. I'm really looking forward to that updates topic being made, because I just waded through 10 pages with probably less than 1/10th of relevant posts. Take it to Twitter or one of the other hundreds of topics, please. It's a discussion forum yeah, but there's plenty of reason to have separate threads.

But, to keep it relevant, what other major FTB mods have yet to be released for 1.7.10? I know Railcraft, I think Forestry, MFR, and TE seems to be updating today. It seems like we could actually get a complete pack soon-ish. I know plenty of people are already on 1.7.10, but I like having a lot of the base mods I rely on to supplement trying out new stuff.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour, Operation: ChooChoo![DOUBLEPOST=1406669239][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jesus, this topic has become completely useless. Yes, this is a discussion forum, but there's plenty of other threads to post gifs and random crap on. I liked this thread because it actually had lots relevant information in one place. It had high signal to noise, which was why I thought it was a great idea. I don't use Twitter because most of the posts there aren't relevant either. I'm really looking forward to that updates topic being made, because I just waded through 10 pages with probably less than 1/10th of relevant posts. Take it to Twitter or one of the other hundreds of topics, please. It's a discussion forum yeah, but there's plenty of reason to have separate threads.

But, to keep it relevant, what other major FTB mods have yet to be released for 1.7.10? I know Railcraft, I think Forestry, MFR, and TE seems to be updating today. It seems like we could actually get a complete pack soon-ish. I know plenty of people are already on 1.7.10, but I like having a lot of the base mods I rely on to supplement trying out new stuff.
Railcraft was already updated.
IC2 was already updated, although FTB has done something that I completely disagree with and dropped it, although I don't like IC2 anymore. And all the others are either stuck on 1.6.4, updated, or in the process of being updated.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
There's this thing called mobs mods. Who are obviously sleeping in. And could stop it.

Then alert them to it. Seriously, don't complain that the mods don't do anything if you aren't helping them. They don't have the manpower to see everything that's going on, so give them a report to help them. There's something like four or five mods total, versus the few hundred or so of us.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
On the subject of a thread where only individuals can post:
Although there is many gifs and things that people are posting here that is derailing it, part of the charm of this thread is that everyone can post. When everyone is posting, we can get almost all the modded news in one place. It's simple, and easy to see everything that's going on. Were this thread pushed down to just a few individuals, we wouldn't get nearly as much information about the modded scene as we do now. My recommendation is that this thread remains as-is, but anyone who derails should be prevented from posting on it for a limited amount of time. That would deter all the derailing that has been happening recently.

Oohhh boy. Here we go.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of a thread where only individuals can post:
Although there is many gifs and things that people are posting here that is derailing it, part of the charm of this thread is that everyone can post. When everyone is posting, we can get almost all the modded news in one place. It's simple, and easy to see everything that's going on. Were this thread pushed down to just a few individuals, we wouldn't get nearly as much information about the modded scene as we do now. My recommendation is that this thread remains as-is, but anyone who derails should be prevented from posting on it for a limited amount of time. That would deter all the derailing that has been happening recently.

Oohhh boy. Here we go.
It's not getting rid of this thread, it's just transferring the daily data of this thread to another, for those who just want the updates.

Also an update from @dmillerw with MineMenu 1.0.6.
* Fixed menu items sometimes not being saved

* Made it more obvious that item use actions aren't available yet
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...2141720-minemenu-v1-0-6-radial-menu-nuff-said

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
It's not getting rid of this thread, it's just transferring the daily data of this thread to another, for those who just want the updates.

Also an update from @dmillerw with MineMenu 1.0.6.
* Fixed menu items sometimes not being saved

* Made it more obvious that item use actions aren't available yet
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...2141720-minemenu-v1-0-6-radial-menu-nuff-said
Real talk?

I'm warming up to the idea of a seperate thread for news only orchestrated by a few select people, but I still want to know how easy it'll be to be brought into that group, and how they go about it. Otherwise it's just going to be a Stonecutter organization for the privileged and that's not fair on people who don't necessarily have a reputation but genuinely can and want to help.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Real talk?

I'm warming up to the idea of a seperate thread for news only orchestrated by a few select people, but I still want to know how easy it'll be to be brought into that group, and how they go about it. Otherwise it's just going to be a Stonecutter organization for the privileged and that's not fair on people who don't necessarily have a reputation but genuinely can and want to help.
Or the group could just give credit to who posted it originally :)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Or the group could just give credit to who posted it originally :)
I'd imagine someone who can help on a large scale wouldn't be satisfied with just that. Some might, some might not. How easy is it for those who want to do more?

Let me be real once more on this whole derail thing, then I'll shut up until I have something of content value to share.

This topic exists to share news and to talk about it. Discussion is not derailing. Finding humor about it is still discussion. I don't care if people like the gifs more than the news, I really don't, especially if it's relevant and you will not find any different anywhere else; reddit, 4chan, the ftb forums. It's comedy and comedy > everything else. Get over it.

What derails is unrelated content to the mods and I'm very guilty of that and I throw myself to the mercy of the moderators in that respect, which is why I warm up to this separate thread idea.

EDIT: Gonna go to bed now and pray the moderators don't hurt me when I wake up.
Proooobably should stay low for a while.

Last edited: