What's new in modded minecraft today?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Exosuit Painting on Flaxbeard's Steam Powered Mod now crosses with a few well known mods.

Here's the first~.

Any love for Botania and Steam Powered Mod?

hCS5cMq.png

Yes, it also spawns pixies~

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Exosuit Painting on Flaxbeard's Steam Powered Mod now crosses with a few well known mods.

Here's the first~.

Any love for Botania and Steam Powered Mod?

hCS5cMq.png

Yes, it also spawns pixies~
Wouldn't Pet Pixies be a great idea?
*starts dreaming about Pet Pixies in a field full of flowers*

Reactions: GreatOrator

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
to comment on the idea of a seperate topic and such... the thing is I want to have a solution that doesn't burden the forum staff at all, because modded minecraft news is a community project, not a ftb project, so it's not fair to burden people with things that they shouldn't be burdened with. the idea to add a blog function to the forum isn't something I'm thinking of, because you'd add a whole category to the forum, which is basically just for modded minecraft news. the idea of heavily moderating this topic isn't something I'm thinking of either, because it'd require the forum staff to constantly moderate this topic. currently there's the idea to either create a new forum rank for people who're doing modded minecraft, who can post in a locked topic where only people of this rank can post in, or create an alternative account where only a few people have the login information from, where the account can post the modded minecraft in a locked topic. the forum rank would still require help from the forum staff, as everytime you want to add or remove someone from the rank you'd need to ask the forum staff to do so...

there's also the option of just moving this whole thing to a whole new website and such, but to be honest, I don't know how long this project will be here, seeing as CurseForge is becoming more and more popular for mod developers and I believe CurseForge has the option to inform you when a mod you're following gets updated. if this is the case, you'd only need to follow a mod on CurseForge to get your modded minecraft news.
We shouldn't burden the ftb staff, mainly because this topic is about modded Minecraft in general, not FTB. I'm for moving it to some non-FTB site or Google document. A forum is a horrible place to post news from just a format and goal perspective. I'd even be willing to help with such a project.

As for Curse, well I dont think a lot of people are going to lean on them for news. Unless they force people to login to get mods, or people stop using mod packs, they'll be a bad source for news on mods in general.

I like this thread, but you can't tell people to not discuss things when they're on a discussion forum. Well you can but its an exercise in futility. What you CAN do it post news on a blog format site and have comments below the article. Social interaction is what people crave and you can give them that outlet and the news. You just have to use the proper platform.

Looking from the perspective of information transparency, the only real issue with a news blog is open access. By that I mean being open to the smallest, newest mod having its shot to be mentioned on the blog. It can be done. Following the model of gizmodo or engadget, you can cultivate a large amount of trusted contributors and broadly report on the news. You can have a submission system as well. If push comes to shove, the forum community will be vocal about what's not on the blog and the staff can respond in resolution.

It's a commitment, indeed. I'd be willing to go with it though.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
We shouldn't burden the ftb staff, mainly because this topic is about modded Minecraft in general, not FTB. I'm for moving it to some non-FTB site or Google document. A forum is a horrible place to post news from just a format and goal perspective. I'd even be willing to help with such a project.
I was talking with Lawbroken and he was in full support of doing this on the FTB Forums. Personally I think it is good because it will integrate well with quoting other posts from here in the new place. It would also be low maintenance for him since the only people with this ability to post there are trusted to abide by the rules.

Also, RedBoss when we get this stuff finalised I will definitely get you on, if you are willing to do it

Reactions: RedBoss

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sure if this is the best place to ask this, but has anyone heard anything about any 1.7.10 updates to NEI Plugins? Playing Bevo's tech pack and I really miss the question mark on my TiCon crafting station. Last info I can find is a "1.7.2 coming soon" message from May.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
@Vazkii with an update for botania

R1.1 94
  • Added Mob Spawners to the Botania creative tab. Using a spawn egg on them changes the mob it's spawning, similar to MC:pE.
  • Added the Ender Overseer, a new block that detects when players are looking at it and gives out a redstone signal.
  • Nerfed the Pyroclast Pendant, now it only protects the wearer from fire damage if they are not standing on fire or lava.
http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/downloads.php