What weird cross-mod combos have you found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing ground-breaking here, but by the time I wrote the following down, I realized I had quite a cross-mod chain going on:

1. TC4 Lumberjacks to chop down my High/Large/Fast/High steroid trees.
2: TC4 Gather golems put the wood and saplings into vanilla chests
3. Vanilla chests via TE3 itemducts to an Ender Chest
4. Ender Chest into AE system via ME Precision Import Bus
5. ME Storage Bus into MFR DSU
6. ME Precision Export Bus into TE3 Tesseract, along with honey (Forestry, ExtraBees, etc.,.) from an Ender Tank
7. Saplings and Honey into a Fermenter
8. Fermenter into Stills to make Ethanol into RC Steel Tanks
9. Ethanol from Steel Tanks into RC 8.3 LP boilers
9. TE3 Steam Dynamos into Energy Conduit into Tesseracts
10. Tesseract driving Magma Crucibles to make lava
11. Lava into IC2 exp. Geothermal Generators
12. IC2 Exp. Compressor to turn Quantum-bee produced Certus Quartz Dust into Certus Quartz Crystals

Nothing earth-shattering here, but I do like how well these mods work with one another. Planned:

13. Certus to make ExtraCells liquid storage tanks to store massive amounts of honey
14. Computer Craft turtle armed with Ender Chest filled with charcoal (for power), Ender Tank with honey, TE3 portable tank, and bucket to make (literally) a sea of honey
15. MFFS to build an underground dome in the said sea of honey for my bee base

What better place to build a bee base than underneath a sea of honey :)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Computer Craft turtle armed with Ender Chest filled with charcoal (for power), Ender Tank with honey, TE3 portable tank, and bucket to make (literally) a sea of honey
Unless if you really wanted to code that turtle there is a block in buildcraft that places source blocks for you. I don't know what its range is but I made a decent sized moat with it so it is not inconsiderable.

It is called the flood gate and I am pretty sure it doesn't need power, just a supply of fluid source blocks.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Unless if you really wanted to code that turtle there is a block in buildcraft that places source blocks for you. I don't know what its range is but I made a decent sized moat with it so it is not inconsiderable.

It is called the flood gate and I am pretty sure it doesn't need power, just a supply of fluid source blocks.

Heh, yeah, I saw that block and was wondering what it did. Thanks for the tip !

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, let's build a base out of blood.
*creepy, disturbing smile*
*backs away slowly*

Anyway...
1. You can store Forestry backpacks in *that-other-Backpack-mod*'s backpacks, and then set Forestry's config files for the Adventurer's Backpack to be able to hold said backpacks... essentially allowing for infinite backpack storage.
2. You *can't* get an Angry Zombie Soul Shard in SS2... d'aww... however dark nodes are a must.
3. Starting with infinite cobblestone, and using the Ex Nihilo (Skyblock companion) mod, you can get a Minium Stone quite early in the game and proceed from there to craft pretty much anything you want - with enough cobble.
4. *UNTESTED* With Sync, the new iChun Modjam mod, multiple strange things could potentially happen if something is linked to your player... but this is just speculation. It should be fine, right?
5. Portals are awesome. Anytime, anywhere. You can use them to get through places you normally wouldn't be able to.
6. And also the Portable Hole. Oh yeah.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love the Caliometric Burner (Heater?) from Factorization to generate steam from an MFR carrot farm. That steam can then produce EU, MJ or RF

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
One can in theory generate infinite TE cinnabar using witches(or bees) to get redstone dust, a mekanism combiner to turn the dust into redstone ore, and then pulverize the ore for your chance at cinnabar.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
MFR sugarcane farm with Reliquary Lilypads of fertility
Thermal Expansion Pulveriser to turn to sugar
Mekanism Smelting Factory to turn into sugar charcoal
Railcraft Coke ovens to turn into sugar coal coke
Extra Utilities transfer pipe to transport sugar coke from ovens to MFR DSU
Buildcraft pipes to suck from DSU
Dartcraft pipe with crafting card to turn sugar coke into coal coke
Railcraft boiler to produce steam from coal coke
Atomic Science Turbines to turn Steam into power
Thermal Expansion Energy Cells to store power

umm.. think thats about it...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Smeltery/Liquiduct, already been mentioned.
I use the Cyclic Assembler to make dough for Pam's, which seems a little bit excessive, a big powered machine just to mix a bit of flour and water (and I had to make a Machinist's Workbench just to make the pattern). Recipes with buckets of water are a pain, especially when you want to make a big batch of pies.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
My Plans:
Somekind of Dartcraft Spawner -> MFR Grinder -> MFR Spawner spawning Villagers -> Trap them -> ExtraUtils Trading Post, check for cool stuff -> Nothing more to trade -> Dump them into a Smeltery -> Molten Emerald -> Fancy :D
Can you, by any chance, transmute emeralds?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
That! I'm not with my PC right now (relatives' house, we usually go there for Christmas), so I couldn't check.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Ecstatic bee -> Redstone -> Soulsand (alkahest) -> Oil, Coal dust, sand and saltpetre (GT centrifuge)

Saltpetre+Sand+Dirt= forestry appetite fertiliser.​

Coal dust -> Diamonds
Coal dust + iron -> Steel​

Oil- Fuel, sulphuric acid, glycerol. (Distil Tower)
Glycerol --> Nito coalfuel.