What Items Do You Think Players Under-Use?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've fiddled some with MFR this week and I have to agree, it's an amazing mod. The animal farms are easy to set up, work great and are fun to watch! I quite enjoy watching my cows frantically try to run the wrong way on a conveyor belt to escape the mob grinder... sometimes it takes a few minutes, but they always succumb eventually. *evil laughter*

MFR makes biofuel production so easy, I almost feel guilty about skipping the fermenter/still/mulch/fertilizer. Almost.

Put a pair of villagers next to the breeder machines with those (expensive) syringes and tell me what your face is like when you see what happens. Image macros are preferred. It is best to let your hope build for awhile first.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
And using ic2 fertilizer for them is wonderful! I think I had 2 harvesters per planter, I may have to try more to get the best output for reasonable cost.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought, but how many people in this thread use the iron furnace from IC2? My first 8 cooked items now in a normal furnace are 8 iron dusts, 5 for the furnace and 3 for a pickaxe.
And using ic2 fertilizer for them is wonderful! I think I had 2 harvesters per planter, I may have to try more to get the best output for reasonable cost.
Unless you've got a upgraded planter, one harvester can handle one planter just fine. And if you've upgraded your planter, you should upgrade your other machines as well.
The planter plants in a 3x3 grid right above it, and the harvester can harvest anything the planter can plant in a 3x3 space in front of it(assuming you've centered it).
Adding more harvesters means you're spending extra energy trying to harvest the same crops. That second harvester could be better used with a second planter, doubling your crop production.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, alright. I had Redwood trees up and I was testing to see if I could double the time it took for them to be taken down, guess it can't work. More is better though!

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
The Iron Furnace cooks items faster, which is nice, but for a first furnace, the Slag Furnace does the job pretty well. It DOES consume double the fuel, but it gets you 20% more ingots from your mining, which is extremely nice. A very good way to get an early start on ore multiplication, since all it takes is cobblestone. Use it to get those first ingots you need for the other projects. Of course, it's not that useful if you have the Quartz Grinder, since that gives you straight 100% more ingots over the regular furnace right off the bat. If your modpack doesn't have Applied Energistics, like DW20 (which will add it, eventually), Slag Furnace is the best way to start with, until you get a Pulverizer/Macerator going on.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
The problem - as I understand it - is that all microblocks that can occupy the same 1x1 block have to have the same block ID.
Not exactly. Microblocks have too many variations to use block metadata, so you have to use a tile entity in the first place, and with that you can do some abstraction to get multiple types of blocks to work. For an example of this, look at the hammer and chisel from the Runic Dust mod - it can make 'indented' versions of any solid block, although if the block uses special rendering then it doesn't work very well.

It has nothing to do with the limited block ID space.

Reactions: Whovian and YX33A