What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Never heard of it before. Can you make hybrids or just tweak existing mobs?
It's made by father toast.

Using a script file, you can control some stat settings (health, speed, etc), mobs equipment and their drops.

I've been giving lots of the vanilla mobs a massive overhaul, with access to mod equipment and extra drops. Very useful if make a themed mod pack.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about the one mod I would add to vanilla+forge and even though its not one I play with too often in modded, I would have to go for project red in the end. Before I was getting into mods the thing I enjoyed most in Vanilla was making goofy redstone circuits (which I wasn't very good at). In a world where complex modded machines are irrelevant, there are still plenty of fun things to do with redstone and Redpower style redstone is more fun (and easy) imo than vanilla, leading me to conclude that Project red is an excellent candidate for this exercise. Also it has gem tools which I think would subtly make a pure vanilla game a bit easier too as you can conserve your diamonds a bit more.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about the one mod I would add to vanilla+forge and even though its not one I play with too often in modded, I would have to go for project red in the end. Before I was getting into mods the thing I enjoyed most in Vanilla was making goofy redstone circuits (which I wasn't very good at). In a world where complex modded machines are irrelevant, there are still plenty of fun things to do with redstone and Redpower style redstone is more fun (and easy) imo than vanilla, leading me to conclude that Project red is an excellent candidate for this exercise. Also it has gem tools which I think would subtly make a pure vanilla game a bit easier too as you can conserve your diamonds a bit more.

Good choice, nice reasoning. Never tinker with redstone much myself but those gem tools sure are handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bandito Keith

Jul 29, 2019
Natura adds the nitros eh? Bastards. Berry bushes are my saviour in hardcore

I've lost track of how many times those crafty camouflaged creepers have eaten a hardcore world on me xD. I still love em though. x_x

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
It's really hard to say, because each mod has a "best" option for whatever I am doing.

BC gives gates, which allow for you to create a highly customizable control system.
TE gives liquiducts, conduits, tesseracts, etc. which are so much more convenient/versatile than their BC cousins.
IC2 EU is extremely intuitive, nano/quantum is unbeatable, especially with full enchants. Also provides a viable endgame
TiCo doesn't really even need to be explained. Still farming them heart canisters.
AE is a HUGE game changer, saves me a lot of work and organization (OCD organization)
MFR is just so good for tech orientated/automation orientated players. Utilizing both EU & MJ, automated output, etc.
Forestry cause infinite energy, but still fun to build the system & bees.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
If i had to use only one mod, then my main use ones would be useless.. Thermal expansion, applied energistics and mekanism are my main source of infrastructure, but if i had to select just one mod i would go with ars magica, it has everything :p

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is my most important mod(oh the Dire April Fool's reference)...Seriously though I'm not sure. I guess there all important :D

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is my most important mod(oh the Dire April Fool's reference)...Seriously though I'm not sure. I guess there all important :D

Comfy up there on the fence? :p c'mon, favourite mod? First mod you go after in a new world?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Depends what pack and what other mods are there. However generally I go for what's most easily accessible. Like if I see a Tropicraft tree I would probably start there, or if I see a TC4 node I may start in TC4

My fav. fluctuates a lot. Currently I really like Witchery and Blood Magic

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That completely depends on the person.

I suppose so, but the vanilla recipe list is shorter than many families grocery lists. It's certainly less complicated than a family of multiplication tables that most children learn by rote.[DOUBLEPOST=1397059434][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pff, that's boring. I prefer Avada Estus Peto Kadavera myself. Much harder to pull off, but it's way more deadly because It Can't Miss.

I see D&D 3.5 players are still busy making everything that is not a mage obsolete. I thought we hit peak fighter shame years ago!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose so, but the vanilla recipe list is shorter than many families grocery lists. It's certainly less complicated than a family of multiplication tables that most children learn by rote.[DOUBLEPOST=1397059434][/DOUBLEPOST]

I see D&D 3.5 players are still busy making everything that is not a mage obsolete. I thought we hit peak fighter shame years ago!
The cutoff for deadweight classes is anything below rogue tier, or high tier, if you use the new terms. The Same Game test showed this long ago. Heck, even the Rogue is only usable because of "Use Magical Device". Fighters can be competitive even beyond level 5 if you specialize, and even at levels 15-20 if you hyper-specialize... but yeah, no point crying over how the fighter is weak in 3.5 ed since anyone who actually knows how the Same Game test works(even roughly) knows that a fighter is deadweight.

Now, if you want to include the "Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords" content into the definition of "Non-Mage"...

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft.
But that's all personal preference and understanding the real science and its been the most fun I've ever had in Minecraft. When I log in and play I'm doing Rotarycraft, when I'm at work or doing things around the house I'm debating my next step on rotarycraft. I'd be happy playing vanilla + rotarycraft. But all the extras addons and utilities makes things easier overall more interesting.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
True. Would be amazing if it worked with other liquids, but A. It wouldn't match the name, and B it would be (no pun intended) somewhat OP

Infinitely generated fuel from a cheap no power block? Not OP at all :)