What is the best method to craft unstable ingots at the moment ???

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I'm planning on upgrading my server to the latest DW20 1.6.4 1.0.0.16 this weekend and I know that Extra Utilities was updated and I wouldn't be able to craft unstable ingots in any automated way after the update, so I want to craft a few stacks of them and be safe before I update the pack, so what would be the best method to craft stuff that needs unstable ingots at the moment ???

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm planning on upgrading my server to the latest DW20 1.6.4 1.0.0.16 this weekend and I know that Extra Utilities was updated and I wouldn't be able to craft unstable ingots in any automated way after the update, so I want to craft a few stacks of them and be safe before I update the pack, so what would be the best method to craft stuff that needs unstable ingots at the moment ???
Just man up and do it the proper way. You scared of a little boom-boom?

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Just man up and do it the proper way. You scared of a little boom-boom?

If a full MPS suit can't protect you from the explosion results, I'm sorry but I don't think its fair play, and destroying a part of the base where you craft them either, those things are awesome but you must be a robot to be able to craft the stuff so quickly without boom and death results...

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
If a full MPS suit can't protect you from the explosion results, I'm sorry but I don't think its fair play, and destroying a part of the base where you craft them either, those things are awesome but you must be a robot to be able to craft the stuff so quickly without boom and death results...
It's because it ignores armor. Don't do it in your base. Take a crafting table with you and go where you can't hurt anything.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Does Blast Protection work? Heart canisters? I wouldn't know as I never had an explosion.
I think blast protection would work.
Ignoring armor ??? seriously, this is evil, you can be sure I'll try to find a way to craft them safely in that case...
In Minecraft, I believe, all explosions work this way, but you have to be right inside them for them to ignore armour completely. (E.G: Stand inside an exploding creeper) Thankfully, it's a rare chance you are right inside an explosion. :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you feel like cheating... try to find builder wands in loot chests, take those wands to an uncrafting table from twilight forest and you can uncraft the wands into unstable (stable) ingots that won't explode.
atleast it was working like 2 months ago for me...

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The explosion shouldn't damage any blocks btw. It just kills you. There are ways using a blocks the can access the players inventory and pull the ingots from it and craft predefined things.

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
if you feel like cheating... try to find builder wands in loot chests, take those wands to an uncrafting table from twilight forest and you can uncraft the wands into unstable (stable) ingots that won't explode.
And yesterday for me in DW1.0.14

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
yes the explosions will not destroy blocks but instantly kills you as slowpoke could atest in FC1

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019

Where is the best spot to find that uncrafting table exactly. already done a good bunch of exploring in the Twilight Forest but didn't find any uncrafting table, anyways, will try my luck with nothing on me in a desert area far from my base with just a crafting station, a division sigil (already activated of course, I activated 3 at same time, why waste the rituals...) the number of diamonds I need and the items I want to craft.

Speaking of Builders wand, I got around 30-40 in my AE Network, they were all in loot chests everywhere, looking to find the uncrafting table to take advantage of its power...

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the best spot to find that uncrafting table exactly. already done a good bunch of exploring in the Twilight Forest but didn't find any uncrafting table, anyways, will try my luck with nothing on me in a desert area far from my base with just a crafting station, a division sigil (already activated of course, I activated 3 at same time, why waste the rituals...) the number of diamonds I need and the items I want to craft.

Speaking of Builders wand, I got around 30-40 in my AE Network, they were all in loot chests everywhere, looking to find the uncrafting table to take advantage of its power...
I found my uncrafting tables in the hollow hills, I think they were in the medium sized hills although it might have come from a big one.
Also if you are drowning in diamonds can't you create a stable unstable ingot with gold nuggets (they turn into unstable nuggets so it's 9 diamonds/ingot)

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

the chance of actually finding an uncrafting table is very close to 0%
it's not completely 0% chance because I found an uncrafting table once in all my modded minecraft years.

what you actually need to find is a maze focus, which is used to craft the uncrafting table.
1 maze focus surrounded by 8 crafting tables will give you an uncrafting table

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you craft the unstable nuggets, can't you craft them into stable unstable ingots?