What is the best method to craft unstable ingots at the moment ???

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
the chance of actually finding an uncrafting table is very close to 0%
it's not completely 0% chance because I found an uncrafting table once in all my modded minecraft years.

what you actually need to find is a maze focus, which is used to craft the uncrafting table.
1 maze focus surrounded by 8 crafting tables will give you an uncrafting table

I figured that you could craft the uncrafting table finally, didn't know it was possible, or it wasn't in some older versions of the Twilight Forest mod and I was sure it was still not possible today, I had explored a maze so I got 8 maze focus out of this (I'm not finished with that Maze yet, I teleported myself back out of there to do more important things but I have a waypoint to teleport where I was in it so I will finish it one day...

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Pritty sure this was nerfed. The factorization thing to. The mod dev got pissy that someone found a clever way around his toy and nerfed it. Not they can only be crafted with a vanilla crafting table.
Was it? In the reddit discussion RWTema liked it. Did he change his mind?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Got blown away and died, went to the location where I did it and there's nothing to be found, no tombstone like I usually found when I go back to were I died, lost 4 diamonds and a division sigil, good thing I activated 3 at same time so I can retry again. That was a smart idea to put all my stuff in a chest at my base. How did guy expect us to craft stuff so quick if we can't shift click the recipe we need cause of the stupid fact theses ingots don't stack... I may have to go the nuggets route, got exactly 489 diamonds left in my AE system so I can do this...

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Got blown away and died, went to the location where I did it and there's nothing to be found, no tombstone like I usually found when I go back to were I died, lost 4 diamonds and a division sigil, good thing I activated 3 at same time so I can retry again. That was a smart idea to put all my stuff in a chest at my base. How did guy expect us to craft stuff so quick if we can't shift click the recipe we need cause of the stupid fact theses ingots don't stack... I may have to go the nuggets route, got exactly 489 diamonds left in my AE system so I can do this...
What are you trying to make?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Was it? In the reddit discussion RWTema liked it. Did he change his mind?
He did like it. But apparently there was an even easier way to do it safely, the portable crafting table. It allowed shift clicking with NEI.

Remember when we first started playing and we had fun finding all these innovative ways to do things by mixing mods. I miss that.

Reactions: RedBoss

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
the chance of actually finding an uncrafting table is very close to 0%
it's not completely 0% chance because I found an uncrafting table once in all my modded minecraft years.

what you actually need to find is a maze focus, which is used to craft the uncrafting table.
1 maze focus surrounded by 8 crafting tables will give you an uncrafting table

I just found total of 10 uncrafting tables in 4 hollow hills (tables, not maze focus). They seem actually quite common in chests there.

Reactions: Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I just found total of 10 uncrafting tables in 4 hollow hills (tables, not maze focus). They seem actually quite common in chests there.

Common is often a matter of luck.

And you guys might want to stop posting about this or the mod dev will probably find a way to disable this way of crafting them to.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Common is often a matter of luck.

And you guys might want to stop posting about this or the mod dev will probably find a way to disable this way of crafting them to.

I'm sure Tema is already aware of this. the problem is with the uncrafting table though, which the twilight devs already have given people the option to disable the uncrafting table.
but I guess the uncrafting table would need a blacklist function for mod developers/pack creators to properly use this block without exploits

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure Tema is already aware of this. the problem is with the uncrafting table though, which the twilight devs already have given people the option to disable the uncrafting table.
but I guess the uncrafting table would need a blacklist function for mod developers/pack creators to properly use this block without exploits

You would think so but if Tema can block modish crafting tables blocking a uncrafting table should be doable. From a programing standpoint you should be able to do something with a craft from function where the program makes note of what it's crafted from and deni it. Something like "If craft from [uncrafting table] then null" (Not real coading but a coder should get the point is it's posible).

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is if everything is blocked due to OP factor, one day there won't be any interactions between mods because the modders will make sure you can't in case someone would find a way to make their life easier (a.k.a classify it OP automatically) I find a part of the fun of playing with a load of mods is to find mod interactions that make the life of the players easier, if everyone thinks its OP, that's their problems and they shouldn't play with multiple mods...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is if everything is blocked due to OP factor, one day there won't be any interactions between mods because the modders will make sure you can't in case someone would find a way to make their life easier (a.k.a classify it OP automatically) I find a part of the fun of playing with a load of mods is to find mod interactions that make the life of the players easier, if everyone thinks its OP, that's their problems and they shouldn't play with multiple mods...

Or just don't take advantage of the interaction. Lots of people think this. Probably more than the rabid OP squealers.
Why mod devs are paying attention to them is beyond me.
FTB was founded on a OP collection of mods. And everybody loved it.
In fact mods by nature are OP. At lest compared to vanilla.
Let them go back and play the indev version of minecraft.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh. Looks like you can make a simi-stable nugget using a gold nugget in place of the iron bar. And craft that into stable unstable ingots.
Well according to NEI. I still need to test it.

Last edited:

beauedwards1991

Jul 29, 2019
Pseudo-Inversion sigil should be the best way. Have fun activating it, though!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if using Inventory Tweaks (hold W and click an item to send it to the vanilla crafting table) still works. I can't see why it wouldn't. Super Crafting Frames might work as well.
Also, I'm okay with the "nerf" -- it is meant to be a weird item that involves risks when crafting, not something you can just forget about and use for crafting later. Broken mod interactions should only go so far if you want to have some sort of balance. Says the guy that loves Dartcraft

[EDIT] I just tested using the Inv. Tweaks method, and guess what, it worked as well as I expected. SCF might not work because the ingots explode if you close the crafting window, but who knows what could happen if you created the ingots using them as well (that is, if you can get them to get crafted).

Last edited: