What is RF?

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
But what would it do? just take energy instead of damage when you get hit? or some sort of magical buff?
It'd take energy instead of damage as a start. It'd also be enchantable like the tools -- and if you empower your armor it would have a few special abilities that cost extra energy. But I'm not sure what sort of abilities fluxed armor would have.
Enderium power armor. http://mods.tterrag.com about half way down in this page.
Uh.. it looks like that stuff is just tough and damage-reducing, costing power for protection. But I like it. I'll consider installing this in my Lite2 world and see how it fits.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Fluix'd armor might have some of the q-suit abilities, only probably taken down a step for balance.

For example, Fluixed Boots would likely negate fall damage. Fluixed legs would give step-assist and a slight boost to jumping and running (not nearly what an MPS can do, or a Q-suit, but more like Boots of the Traveler level). Fluixed Helm lets you breathe underwater (although not the other status negation, that's just too powerful). Q-suit chest is immortality, and that's too powerful for a Fluixed Chest. Hmmm...

How about this: Each of these pieces of armor consumes energy to do this, and when they take hits. So, for example, when the fluixed boots negate fall damage, it consumes (some formula based on height fallen)RF. Fluixed Legs can be activated and deactivated. While activated it consumes RF per block, plus additional RF if step assist is used, and more when you jump. Fluixed Helm consumes RF to refill your breath meter. Perhaps it can also consume a bunch of RF to negate something like Nausea or Blindness. Maybe the Chest does a Force Field effect, where it consumes a lot of RF to negate physical damage? Still wouldn't help against Wither/Poison/Fire/Void, but would against most physical attacks.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I was wondering what it would be like if the Redstone Arsenal included a set of armor as well as tools. Fluxed armor would be fun and interesting to play with, I think.

But what would it do? just take energy instead of damage when you get hit? or some sort of magical buff?

It'd take energy instead of damage as a start. It'd also be enchantable like the tools -- and if you empower your armor it would have a few special abilities that cost extra energy. But I'm not sure what sort of abilities fluxed armor would have.

Uh.. it looks like that stuff is just tough and damage-reducing, costing power for protection. But I like it. I'll consider installing this in my Lite2 world and see how it fits.(my lite2 stopped being the original one:p)

Fluix'd armor might have some of the q-suit abilities, only probably taken down a step for balance.

For example, Fluixed Boots would likely negate fall damage. Fluixed legs would give step-assist and a slight boost to jumping and running (not nearly what an MPS can do, or a Q-suit, but more like Boots of the Traveler level). Fluixed Helm lets you breathe underwater (although not the other status negation, that's just too powerful). Q-suit chest is immortality, and that's too powerful for a Fluixed Chest. Hmmm...

How about this: Each of these pieces of armor consumes energy to do this, and when they take hits. So, for example, when the fluixed boots negate fall damage, it consumes (some formula based on height fallen)RF. Fluixed Legs can be activated and deactivated. While activated it consumes RF per block, plus additional RF if step assist is used, and more when you jump. Fluixed Helm consumes RF to refill your breath meter. Perhaps it can also consume a bunch of RF to negate something like Nausea or Blindness. Maybe the Chest does a Force Field effect, where it consumes a lot of RF to negate physical damage? Still wouldn't help against Wither/Poison/Fire/Void, but would against most physical attacks.

Maybe(when enpowered, the controls are something to think about, be sure not to make it complex, possibly v+number from 0-3/1-4), knockback resistant or "thorns" (shocking) armor, feather falling shoes,night vision or water breething helmet. Something like that, thats what i could think now. And of course use energy instead of durablity.

Theres 2 "bridge" mods what i found to be interesting:
Equvivalent Expansion, would be interesting to see minium stone came out from liqui transposer.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2541898-164forgeaddon-equivalent-expansion-v001/

And somewhere i found a mod with thaumacraft arg magica "integration". Magic powered dynamos.

it seems we will be able to make new packs, whitch are feel like one single mod.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe(when enpowered, the controls are something to think about, be sure not to make it complex, possibly v+number from 0-3/1-4), knockback resistant or "thorns" (shocking) armor, feather falling shoes,night vision or water breething helmet. Something like that, thats what i could think now. And of course use energy instead of durablity.

Theres 2 "bridge" mods what i found to be interesting:
Equvivalent Expansion, would be interesting to see minium stone came out from liqui transposer.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2541898-164forgeaddon-equivalent-expansion-v001/

And somewhere i found a mod with thaumacraft arg magica "integration". Magic powered dynamos.

it seems we will be able to make new packs, whitch are feel like one single mod.

Technomancy?

This is kind of the feel I'm aiming for with mine and @AlCapella pack. We've ditched all power systems other than RF and unified all of the tech recipes (e.g. TE Machine Frames requiring Red Alloy Ingot, Enriched Alloy, Plastic Sheets and Steel, being used in Mekanism Machines).

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy?

This is kind of the feel I'm aiming for with mine and @AlCapella pack. We've ditched all power systems other than RF and unified all of the tech recipes (e.g. TE Machine Frames requiring Red Alloy Ingot, Enriched Alloy, Plastic Sheets and Steel, being used in Mekanism Machines).

Yeah, thats the mod what i'm found, and thats my goal.
How you altered TE recipes? I failed with minetweaker. I wanted to use ender io capacitors instead of redstone coils, and te machine frames in ender io recipes.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, thats the mod what i'm found, and thats my goal.
How you altered TE recipes? I failed with minetweaker. I wanted to use ender io capacitors instead of redstone coils, and te machine frames in ender io recipes.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Currently @AlCapella is using MineTweaker. He's doing that.