What is RF?

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
This should be something interesting, because its gonna be a new energy system to show up in main packs.

Some guy, ( i don't remember the name) said that its movement energy, mainly from the direct mj conversion. But, how a potato can generate movement energy?

I think its fits better than mj/rf, since redstone is the "high-tech" element of vanilla minecraft.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
RF stands for Redstone Flux. It was originally made by Thermal Expansion but now most mods that use energy are compatible with it. Thermal Expansion energy conduits can convert RF to MJ (but not MJ to RF) at a rate of 10RF to 1MJ. Some other mods (I think Mekanism, Ender IO and Extra Utilities) can convert both ways between MJ and RF. IC2 is pretty much the only mod that doesn't use RF or have a native way to convert between RF and its own energy.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
This should be something interesting, because its gonna be a new energy system to show up in main packs.

Is it the first night of a new game? Cuz you been livin' under a rock.

I kid. ;) Seriously though, it's been the energy system for Thermal Expansion 3 since release. Virtually every mod in MC supports it. There's some confusion with MJ because energy conduits (soon to be Fluxducts) convert energy directly to MJ for convenience. This will become configurable in the future 'Ducts' release.

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019

I kid. ;) Seriously though, it's been the energy system for Thermal Expansion 3 since release. Virtually every mod in MC supports it. There's some confusion with MJ because energy conduits (soon to be Fluxducts) convert energy directly to MJ for convenience. This will become configurable in the future 'Ducts' release.

Fluxducts? I love it! xD

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

Wow, FLUXDUCTS! That sounds great.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Fluxducts sounds nice. I have one question though. Will I need to remove energy conduits placed in the world? If so, I am going to start weeping now.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

I was going to suggest Fluixducts then i realized AE

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
P2O5BCt.jpg