What if there was only 1 Mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What if there was only 1 Mod.... what Mod would be the mod you would use if you could only have 1?

Not talking packs but single mods. Saddly this removes GT since it requires IC2.

So whats your mod of choice?

Mine I would be torn between RP2 or Thaumcraft.... so torn. But Yeah RP2 is my 1 Mod choice.

Reactions: powergo

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
RP2. Frames, micro-blocks, volcanoes, project tables, tubes, sorting systems. Yea, RP2. Thaumcraft does come close though, golems man, golems. Probably helps that they are one of the few mods I use that aren't dependent on mod interactions for me to get the most benefit of the mod.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I'm the same RP2, you can automine, sort, electric power for furnaces etc. Buildcraft would be a poor second as you could kinda do pretty the same, yeah, you don't have electric power for furnaces etc, but you can automine, and with enough diamond pipes, you can sort. Then finally IC2, basically because while it has some aspects where's it's better than buildcraft (machines etc), it has no item routing systems.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft, though I have recently stopped using it for everything ever in the interest of learning new things. Well, not entirely true. I do still convert pretty much all my Coal into Coke.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I would cheat and install ic2 and gregtech.

Or thaumcraft.. since it can do alot out of the box by its self.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If only 1 mod, it would have to be thaumcraft. Most of the others don't matter a whole lot when you are talking about just them and vanilla mechanics. Thaumcraft has a complete system of items that can stand on its own without interaction from other mods.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great mods in the mix, but by itself, only Thaumcraft stands completely by itself. And it isn't even complete yet.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I got to go with RP2.
frame driven TBM's are my all time favorite mining method.
also. with a bit of ingenuity, you can automate just about anything with it.
sadly no autocrafting tho... need the Buildcraft craftingbench for that. but still. RP2 is where it's at. ore doubling is not all that big a deal with only 1 mod to play with.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
I once played on a server, where I had worldedit-access.

fun-method to mine: take the wooden axe and mark an area (not to big). expand it into the ground. and then replace stone, gravel and dirt with air. and suddenly all the nice ore blocks were floating in the open mineshaft. if that isn't OP...

Reactions: shockwave95

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely Thaumcraft. A great amount of Vanilla gameplay with some magic twists. That's why I'm mainly playing with magic mods rather than tech ones, they don't hinder my vanilla experience.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft. It has automation, tools, armour, remote inventorys, and everything works out the box. Most everything else needs a couple other mods to really make use of it.