What if there was only 1 Mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I poked Terrafrimacraft with a stick... a vary loooong stick.

It does look to be fun. It really makes MC is to something totally new. But It also looks like something that would really shine with a group of players. I do think I'll give it a try again some day just not anytime soon.

It's a whole different game really. I just went back to it today, and found out that the creator is working on a version 2 with even better terrain gen and more realism.
It really needs to have better movement added to it tho. being able to make higher leaps and grab onto and climb up ledges really makes the realism aspect shine.
Since i went back to it today.. well.. FTB is on hold for a couple of days now.. got to re-learn so much... TFC is harder than ever tbh.

And yeah. I think it would be nice to do it in a co-op multiplayer setting too.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft. It's the most complete and interesting single mod. It should win some kind of design award. It's great game design.

High on this list in term of completeness is Railcraft.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
It's a whole different game really. I just went back to it today, and found out that the creator is working on a version 2 with even better terrain gen and more realism.
It really needs to have better movement added to it tho. being able to make higher leaps and grab onto and climb up ledges really makes the realism aspect shine.
Since i went back to it today.. well.. FTB is on hold for a couple of days now.. got to re-learn so much... TFC is harder than ever tbh.

And yeah. I think it would be nice to do it in a co-op multiplayer setting too.
....You can dowload the smartmoving mod for your realism, it seems cool. But that's two mods!

My only mod would probably be Optifine, because chugging along at 3 fps is no fun for me.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
That comment made my night much happier!

On-Topic:
Thaumcraft !
That research system is super sexy, and I just love magic in general.

Yeah I really love Thaumcraft but in the end I tend to lean towards RP2 in most of my builds.

One day I'll do a total untech world and then I will rock the hell out of thaumcraft.

Reactions: Mero

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
This is difficult. I'd have to choose Optifine, but that's really more of a fix than a mod.
As for a mod that I can enjoy, Treecapitator. (Which I also see as a fix for minecraft)
BUT if those two were in the game and minecraft could run fast and not have floating wood blocks that you can't reach, I'd pick EE2.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.... Redpower is definitely my favorite mods, but I don't think it would be that fun just by itself. I think tech mods are more fun when you have a lot of them so you can make factories and stuff. Wireless Redstone would be very nice to have but I believe it relies on RP. Probably like mo creatures or something

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The only response I can think of for this thread is as follows (spoilered to pretend undue suffering. Please avert your mouse clicks if you have a weak stomach, or are made of sugar):

If this mod had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to its face
If you were faced with it in all its glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah this mod is great yeah yeah this mod is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if this mod was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make its way home

If this mod had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

He's trying to make its way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Just trying to make its way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Just trying to make its way home
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

Reactions: Whovian

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
The only response I can think of for this thread is as follows (spoilered to pretend undue suffering. Please avert your mouse clicks if you have a weak stomach, or are made of sugar):
That was deep