What if there was only 1 Mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately we'd have to pick of about 4, all listed here. IC2, RP, BC or TC3. Pretty much everything else is too specialized (IE, adds a lot to one small area, nothing elsewhere) to satisfy or requires power in the form of MJ (BC), EU (IC2) or UE (UE).

If I had to pick from those 4 it would be RP even though I would have to stab my eyeballs out with a rusty fork because of its logistics.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Computercraft is another contender. It can do automatic mining, ore processing, crafting, logistics, XP farms, you just need to program the turtles to do it! I'm sure someone will be along soon to suggest "Applied Energistics" too.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
oohh.. i have another option not mentioned here yet.
one mod only, and it's both fun and incredibly challenging.

Terrafirmacraft.

Nuff said.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019

Terrafirmacraft.

Nuff said.
I only found out about that mod thanks to Mead, and after an hour or so trying to get it to work I have to say I agree with you. It's pretty badass!

another option could be Better than Wolves?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I only found out about that mod thanks to Mead, and after an hour or so trying to get it to work I have to say I agree with you. It's pretty badass!

another option could be Better than Wolves?

yeah. that one is stand alone too. altho i have to admit i havent tried it yet. I tend to just shy away from mods with too much drama going on in it's community. a little drama is fine, but when it flows into any and all discussion about said mod... ugh....

I actually tried to make a hardcore vid series of terrafirmacraft... I can tell you straight off that each "season" was terribly short. :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
yeah. that one is stand alone too. altho i have to admit i havent tried it yet. I tend to just shy away from mods with too much drama going on in it's community. a little drama is fine, but when it flows into any and all discussion about said mod... ugh....

I actually tried to make a hardcore vid series of terrafirmacraft... I can tell you straight off that each "season" was terribly short. :D

I'm guessing it never got uploaded to your channel then?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing it never got uploaded to your channel then?

I actually uploaded the first life. the end was kinda funny in a derpish kind of way.

Day1:

Day2:

For some reason i never put them in a playlist.

ETA: Actually. i remember having a lot of fun trying this out, despite not uploading more than the first attempt. (I did 3 attempts that all failed within 3 days, hence why i only ever put one of them out there). :oops:

I might actually install the latest version and try another hardcore terrafirmacraft round if people are interested in seeing that kind of stuff. I know it's fun to play it like that.
Get's the hair on your chest to grow ya know. :cool: Even on girls o_O

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
FTB.

troll-face-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1475.png

More seriously, Terra Firma Craft.

Reactions: Skyqula

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure someone will be along soon to suggest "Applied Energistics" too.

Applied Energistics requires power but provides no method of generation. It needs either EU or MJ from other mods to do so.

TE comes close as it provides power and automation, but not logistics.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Computercraft is another contender. It can do automatic mining, ore processing, crafting, logistics, XP farms, you just need to program the turtles to do it! I'm sure someone will be along soon to suggest "Applied Energistics" too.

I would but with no MJ/Eu to power it....

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Well on MC 1.5 TE might be a viable option as Hoppers can do some logistics work.

Pre-1.5 I would probably go with BC simply because it gives me ways to automate stuff (and I don't like magic-y mods like Thaumcraft).

Though just going back to vanilla would be very tempting in that case as well, especially if it would be MC 1.5 with Hoppers and all the new redstone stuff.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Terrafirmacraft.

Nuff said.

Yeah I poked Terrafrimacraft with a stick... a vary loooong stick.

It does look to be fun. It really makes MC is to something totally new. But It also looks like something that would really shine with a group of players. I do think I'll give it a try again some day just not anytime soon.