What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Enderminy's are very cool indeed. In Direwolf modpack, I have a small island near my base that is Ominous Woods biome. At night, I can fly there as a bat and change back into myself, then I can stand on the beach and hit one Enderminy and immediately retreat into the water. Standing in the water, I can hit the Enderminy's as they all come at me, however they cannot hit me because as soon as they run into the water, they teleport back onto land!!! I'm collecting my ender pearls this way without having to get to The End and deal with the dragon (haven't even found a Stronghold yet).

Oh, a question - has anyone experimented between a Tinker's Construct sword with Looting III on it, and one of those Ender IO swords that the description says "increased ender pearl drops". Which of these swords will provide more Ender Pearls? I haven't tried comparing them yet.

don't the enderminy's attack creepers aswell? I had quite a few holes around my world as I'm guessing the enderminy's attacked the creepers who then exploded

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
don't the enderminy's attack creepers aswell? I had quite a few holes around my world as I'm guessing the enderminy's attacked the creepers who then exploded

Yes, I'm getting quite a kick out of watching the little guys attack the creepers. It's pretty funny! The poor creepers have no defense and die very quickly.

I don't think your explosions are from creepers, because the creeper's explosion doesn't happen with enderminy attacks. I'm still very uncertain about those explosion noises we're all hearing. I think it is the Pneumaticraft plants as others have said. But I've never noticed any landscape damage from them as you've reported above, so who knows?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, a question - has anyone experimented between a Tinker's Construct sword with Looting III on it, and one of those Ender IO swords that the description says "increased ender pearl drops". Which of these swords will provide more Ender Pearls? I haven't tried comparing them yet.
I would assume that the Ender IO sword (The Ender) would drop more if you give it looting III and less otherwise.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019

The Ender is the sword you are thinking of. In my experience, it guarantees exactly 1 pearl per Enderman kill. Looting 3 might give more over time, but I'm not sure if it guarantees minimum 1 per kill.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hi darkeshrine. He's asking about Ender compared to Looting 3, not Ender with Looting 3.
The Ender is the sword you are thinking of. In my experience, it guarantees exactly 1 pearl per Enderman kill. Looting 3 might give more over time, but I'm not sure if it guarantees minimum 1 per kill.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
According to the Minecraft Wiki, Enderman have Ender Pearls at 0-1 as a common drop. Looting increases the maximum by one per level. A looting III sword should have a range of 0-4 ender Pearls per kill while the Ender should have a 1-1 range per kill. Depending on the actual percentages, as I don't believe that the percentages are equal among the different amounts that can drop (25% chance of 0, 25% chance of 1 with Looting III, etc versus a 50/50 between 0-1 with an unenchanted vanilla sword), the guaranteed drop has a statistical probability that it could produce more but at a decent improbability.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
But we saw previous page that he can send his looting 3 tico into an auto desenchanter and get both.
Probably, friend, but that's not what the question was. He specifically asked "which of these swords will provide more Ender Pearls?" not "how can I get more ender pearls."

At face value, I agree with you that combining them is ideal, but to address the question (in case combining them is currently impossible or undesirable for whatever reason), darkeshrine later provided an excellent response: the Ender is likely better given the probability of fortune 3 drop chances.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion also has sulfur, Direwolf 1.7 modpack has both sulfurs in it, TE and Railcraft. When I pulverize one of the ores, I get TE sulfur as a rare by-product. Can't remember which ore tho at the moment. And I'm mining in Extreme Hills at lava level and the amount of RC sulfur is pretty amazing. I hope they make other uses for it, I generally never use gunpowder in my games so sulfur is not very important to me. All it really does is fool me into thinking I just found either a huge gold deposit (wrong) or a huge Yellorium deposit (wrong again!).

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Sulfur (Ore)

"Sulfur Ore can be found in Extreme Mountains and Extreme Mountains Edge Biomes. It is found around layer 10, but only near lava pools.
When broken it drops several Sulfur Dust. Sulfur Dust is a key ingredient in making Gunpowder, though there may be other uses in the future."
Gunpowder can be used in the Tinkers Steelworks high oven in making steel. I'm playing Flux Galaxy right now and the modified recipes require a lot of steel.

Which I'm happy about, because it finally gave me an excuse to build the high oven and also gave me something to do with all that sulfur and saltpeter I have laying around collecting dust in most modpacks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm getting quite a kick out of watching the little guys attack the creepers. It's pretty funny! The poor creepers have no defense and die very quickly.

I don't think your explosions are from creepers, because the creeper's explosion doesn't happen with enderminy attacks. I'm still very uncertain about those explosion noises we're all hearing. I think it is the Pneumaticraft plants as others have said. But I've never noticed any landscape damage from them as you've reported above, so who knows?

well, I did see some creeper holes below ground which couldn't be caused by creeper plants...
it'd be pretty funny if ender miny's could attack creepers, and when they attack a creeper the creeper loses the ability to explode and takes on the ability of the Ender IO creeper, and causes a teleport effect upon death

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
well, I did see some creeper holes below ground which couldn't be caused by creeper plants...
it'd be pretty funny if ender miny's could attack creepers, and when they attack a creeper the creeper loses the ability to explode and takes on the ability of the Ender IO creeper, and causes a teleport effect upon death
I just for the lulz spawned creepers with armor using "/summon", you can't see the armor but the creepers are much tougher and they do have time to explode before they get killed by the enderminies.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just for the lulz spawned creepers with armor using "/summon", you can't see the armor but the creepers are much tougher and they do have time to explode before they get killed by the enderminies.

what probably happens is that the enderminy gets stuck somewhere while attacking the creeper and isn't in time to deliver the finishing blow, thus exploding and leaving a mess behind

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There's now a non-alpha pack for 1.7.10 on the ftb launcher.

Yeah it's a DW pack and it's missing a few things I find to be vital (extracells, rotarycraft, mekanism etc etc), but it does mean that a lot of that annoying "fannying about with configs" has been done so I don't have to build an entire pack from the ground up.

Excuse me while I go hunting for 1.7.10 .JARs :)

Reactions: Pyure

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but here's a fun BoP/MFR/XU interaction in DW20's 1.7 pack:
  • Find a BoP Bloody Heap biome in the Nether
  • Harvest a load of flesh blocks
  • Craft 4 Chunks of Flesh into a Flesh block
  • Craft 1 Flesh into 9 Raw Meat Ingots
  • Cook Raw Meat Ingots into Cooked Meat Ingots in any furnace
  • Place ingots in a Culinary Generator
  • Laugh as you realise just how much early-game power you now have access to. Who needs coal any more?
Even better, a fortune enchant (which is trivial in DW20 1.7 with TiCo and the ridiculous quantity of Lapis that generates) appears to work when harvesting flesh blocks, yielding 2 or 3 per block. Even without fortune, each flesh block = 2.25 meat ingots, and each meat ingot yields 57600RF in a culinary generator. Even subtracting a little for the overhead of cooking the ingots leaves you with a huge amount of power. Probably too much...

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but here's a fun BoP/MFR/XU interaction in DW20's 1.7 pack:
  • Craft 4 chunks of flesh into a Flesh
  • Craft 1 Flesh into 9 Meat Ingots
  • Cook Meat Ingot into Cooked Meat Ingots in any furnace
  • Laugh as you realise just how much early-game power you now have access to. Who needs coal any more?
Even better, a fortune enchant (which is trivial in DW20 1.7 with TiCo and the ridiculous quantity of Lapis that generates) appears to work when harvesting flesh blocks, yielding 2 or 3 per block. Even without fortune, each flesh block = 2.25 meat ingots, and each meat ingot yields 57600RF in a culinary generator. Even subtracting a little for the overhead of cooking the ingots leaves you with a huge amount of power. Probably too much...
Fun interaction :)

Where's the MFR in that out of curiosity? Can you get food out of a bloody heap without MFR?

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Fun interaction :)

Where's the MFR in that out of curiosity? Can you get food out of a bloody heap without MFR?
Raw & Cooked Meat Ingots are from MFR (they normally come from a Meat Packer). Not sure which mod is adding the Flesh -> 9 x Raw Meat Ingot conversion (I presume there's an ore dict equivalence for MFR Raw Meat Blocks and BoP Flesh blocks).

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
  • Craft 4 chunks of flesh into a Flesh
  • Craft 1 Flesh into 9 Meat Ingots
  • Cook Meat Ingot into Cooked Meat Ingots in any furnace
If you think I'm putting that anywhere near my mouth then think again.
Generator is certainly a good call this time.​

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
  • Craft 4 Chunks of Flesh into a Flesh block
  • Craft 1 Flesh into 9 Raw Meat Ingots
  • Cook Raw Meat Ingots into Cooked Meat Ingots in any furnace
So can you craft BoP flesh blocks into meat ingots or do the flesh chunks craft into MFR meat blocks? If you can just craft BoP flesh blocks into a bunch of meat ingots, then why not silk touch?