What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Here's hoping this isn't a necropost...
TiC tools can have more than one level of auto-repair on them. This is really useful when starting off, as mossy cobble is now pretty easy to find in magical forests, taiga and the like.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Another cool thing about tinkers tools is that if you give them a silky jewel so they have silk touch 1, they can be auto disenchanted giving you a silk touch book for some string, gold, and an emerald.

Mind blown....

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this works for flux? Of course not, only a madman would attempt such a scheme...
Well, I know you can auto-disenchant a Fortune V book from the Roguelike Dungeons unique hoe, but nothing (that I've tried) will let you actually enchant it on anything, so you may end up with a book but can't do anything with it...but then, who knows!

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this works for flux? Of course not, only a madman would attempt such a scheme...
Seems like it would only work for silk touch as things that can be leveled more than once have different names than vanilla i.e luck for fortune
But flux would be awesome as just a general enchantment you could get in an enchanting table :)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like it would only work for silk touch as things that can be leveled more than once have different names than vanilla i.e luck for fortune
But flux would be awesome as just a general enchantment you could get in an enchanting table :)
Yes, very. Maybe a little OP, but still cool nonetheless.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
If you harvest cotton when it's in pink stage, you get bonus seeds. Am I the only one who didn't know that before?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If you harvest cotton when it's in pink stage, you get bonus seeds. Am I the only one who didn't know that before?

I knew about it but I never knew what to do with so many seeds as cotton does not need replanted.... Natura FTW!

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
2014-10-25_22.27.33.png
Everything is possible with /summon !
Next thing: Creeper riding bat

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Making a fully paper tool with TiC, then upgrading it via Iguana Tweaks for TiC (basically everything disabled except the upgrade system, which is how I like it normally and now, even more cool and possibly OP) allows the paper's available modifiers to be carried over. So you could basically have a manyullyn hammer with 6(?) starting modifier slots.

Reactions: jordsta95

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you get a stack of potions from a dispenser, for instance in a graveyard dungeon, you can place the whole lot in a Potions Generator and convert the whole lot into an equal stack of water bottles. You only get the power from a single potion though.
Oh, sure, commands. Can you make a spawner that spawns the bat+creeper?
The craziest /summon I saw was the Zipkrowd summoning Ender Dragons riding XP orbs.

A creeper riding a chicken would be cool. Not sure if it would be able to control the chicken like a chickenjockey does, although that might just be an attribute that can be specified.

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The craziest /summon I saw was the Zipkrowd summoning Ender Dragons riding XP orbs..

Ghast fireballs riding a thrown enderpearl/splash potion.
Explosive fireballs that follow a ballistic trajectory. So much fun to play around with.
Also MCEdit can programme spawners to use any combination of stacked mobs/entities
- so you can have one shoot a near vertical fireball that splats on the players feet.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I found out yesterday that with Mekanism, Thermal Expansion and Extra Utilities, you can get power out of thin air ;)

Igneus extruder -> Mekanism crusher -> Thermal Expansion pulveriser -> Mekanism crusher -> TNT generator.

cobblestone -> gravel -> flint -> gunpowder -> power

Extra points for using energy upgrades in the Mekanism machines :).

Reactions: DrowElf