What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The Warded Arcana topic in the Thaumonomicon has recipes for warded door, gold and iron keys, warded pressure plata and warded glass. This is the 4.1.1.14 release for 1.7.2

Reactions: Adonis0

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
found out that when you upgrade your account to a mojang account. that you lose access to your single player world :(

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
nope. paid for minecraft twice, once was to change my name........ maybe because its being used for a launcher thats not the official mojang?

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
TConstruct's rapier can't pierce through Ichorcloth Robes :D

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I found out that you can easily brew potions if you put a hopper on top of the brewing stand. Just insert water bottles below and the ingredients in the desired order into the hoper. No babysitting required. Why didn't I think of that before?

And this excites you? Welcome to vanilla Minecraft 1.5.x! Have a video! [you can skip the 1st 7 min of me stocking the system with 896 water bottles]
Don't worry, it exited me too last year. Playing with automated & semi-automated brewing systems was my 1st big independent redstone project after learning the basics by watching lots of tutorials & copying other people's contraptions. I think I have 3 other videos on bulk brewing set-ups, but this was my take on an on-demand system after seeing what others were doing. This was all before I got into modded Minecraft & FTB.

For myself, I've discovered that the spambots are very busy this week. Also, trying to post a link to a video will go ahead & embed it anyway.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
And this excites you? Welcome to vanilla Minecraft 1.5.x!
It did excite me more in Vanilla...on a server I'm playing on me and my friends were building an underwater dome, and I wanted to have some night vision and water breathing potions for everyone.

On my FTB world I automated potions with AE and two brewing stands.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, this was a day or two ago, but I discovered that the Cable Anchors in AE2, when placed horizontally, can be climbed like ladders. They don't, however, quite entirely function like ladders- if you stop trying to walk into them, you'll fall off instead of descend slowly, and grabbing back on and climbing back up does not negate fall damage.

Also, I've (nearly) finished automating all the vanilla potions on-demand with AE2. All the regular, drinkable potions are craftable on demand in no more than 70 seconds or so (factoring in slow-to-react import buses); infrastructure for splash potions is in place, but not yet configured.

2014-08-08_02.40.39.png

The leftmost brewing stand is constantly supplied with netherwart and water bottles; the level emitter that you can barely see below and behind it only allows the import bus pulling Awkward Potions into the network to run when there are less than 15 of those potions already in the network.

The second stand is constantly supplied with Awkward Potions. The ME Interface above it has recipes like "1x Blaze Powder -> 3x Potion of Strength," and allows the system to make any of the most basic potions with effects (i.e. those that don't need to be corrupted with a fermented spider eye and haven't been strengthened or extended).

The third and fourth stands are constantly supplied with redstone and glowstone, respectively. The Interfaces behind them are configured with recipes like "3x Potion of Strength -> 3x Potion of Strength II." They are only configured to upgrade the uncorrupted potions and the Potion of Weakness- the Interfaces and Import Buses don't have enough slots for this to work any other way.

The fifth stand (immediately to the left of the hopper) is constantly supplied with Fermented Spider Eyes. It is configured in much the same way as the previous two stands, except it has separate recipes for corrupting, say, Healing and Healing II potions into Harming and Harming II potions, respectively. And it has a recipe for turning water bottles into weakness potions, because there's no point in wasting netherwart there.

The final stand (with the hopper and all the cables surrounding it) is constantly supplied with Gunpowder, and (once I've finished configuring it) will have a separate recipe for every single splash potion (with an effect) in the game. There are exactly 28 such potions, which is annoying because the Interfaces and Import Buses in AE2 each have nine slots for crafting or filter patterns. If there were 27 potions, I would only need three of each and not the cables in front of the blocks. But, as it is, I need four interfaces and import buses, which means two more AE2 channels (those colored stripes on the cables, of which normal cables can only carry eight). This, in turn, raises the total channel requirement of the system (excluding an external crafting CPU, terminal, and storage medium) to 25, which is one more than I can supply with three lines of non-dense cables. This is why the Export Bus atop the leftmost brewing stand is attached to the cyan cable, which I had intended to only power the P2P tunnels in the network.

Underneath each brewing stand (and all around the last one) are ME Import Buses configured to import only the potions that that particular stand is designated to produce. In this way, they won't pull the bottles that are in the process of having reagents added to them, but will pull the products.

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
resistance buff decrease rapier damage. and also, earth armor have a "hidden" resistance buff

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
This is a hypothesis based on observation, I havn't run the experiment long enough to be sure but:

You can make a very large thaumcraft (4.1) node - by positioning 5 nodes with (the largest) 1 in the center such that the outer 4 are 5 blocks apart but only 3 blocks from the center node. Because the center - bully - node has a 1/4 chance of picking an outer node to steal viz from per "tick" each of the outer nodes gets 3/4 ticks they can choose to recharge in. The result is the center node will grow, but the feeder nodes wont ever be drained and destroyed.

You *must* only use the center node to recharge - i.e. no wand pedestal - as if the feeder nodes get drained to 1, the hungry node could drain them to 0 and start to damage their capacity before they have a chance to recharge.

Investigations continue.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
As long as it's not that blasphemous circle language. Circles in minecraft? Would be easier to divide by the cube root of diamond.
The formula for this is:

Stuff/(X*Y)sqrt3

Also, geostrata amulets are epic, but target whoever you hit as well.

Last edited:

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019
Also would like to thank Tema for spending 15 min pressing space and shift like a dumba**... :D

Learned that OpenBlocks elevators need XP to work...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Also would like to thank Tema for spending 15 min pressing space and shift like a dumba**... :D

Learned that OpenBlocks elevators need XP to work...
That's not Tema's fault lol
You can disabled that in the config