What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
In Pyramid Reborn I came across the Ender Utilities dolly (costs 4 gold, 1 ender pearl and a slime block). Doesn't even slow you down like the old JABBA version. ;)

A

Acacia

Found this sick pair of astral sorcery temples in a nearly perfect valley in an extreme hills biome with aesthetic meteor crater and nearby ravine river. almost hard to believe some of the locations you come across are randomly generated, i remember when minecraft worlds bore no resemblance to anything remotely approaching realistic geography lol.

I prettied up the temple a bit since i decided to build an outpost for my astral sorcery experiments in it.

2018-04-23_20.12.23.png 2018-04-23_20.13.25.png 2018-04-23_20.13.37.png 2018-04-23_20.13.45.png

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Found this sick pair of astral sorcery temples in a nearly perfect valley...

Honestly not trying to be overly critical, just want to be helpful. If you press F1 you can clear your HUD and get rid of that huge shield for taking landscape screen shots.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Ender IO's new grains of infinity can be automated with a block of bedrock (thank you, Chance cubes RNG), a vanilla dispenser with flint & steel inside, and a bibliocraft clock (not many seem to realize it can be set to emit a redstone signal or pulse, and the ticking can be turned off). Add a vacuum chest or similar and you don't have to stand there afk next to the fire.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO's new grains of infinity can be automated with a block of bedrock (thank you, Chance cubes RNG), a vanilla dispenser with flint & steel inside, and a bibliocraft clock (not many seem to realize it can be set to emit a redstone signal or pulse, and the ticking can be turned off). Add a vacuum chest or similar and you don't have to stand there afk next to the fire.

Maybe someday soon we'll see a pack with the new EnderIO in it? I know there must be some modpacks on Twitch already, but none of the FTB packs have added it in yet, to my knowledge - somebody please correct me if wrong. What pack are you playing, Mac? Your own?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maybe someday soon we'll see a pack with the new EnderIO in it? I know there must be some modpacks on Twitch already, but none of the FTB packs have added it in yet, to my knowledge - somebody please correct me if wrong. What pack are you playing, Mac? Your own?
I've been doing my own thing for a while now. Right now I'm just messing around a bit while waiting for Thaumcraft 6 to make the jump, checking out some new toys & figuring out how to make up for the mods and features being left behind.

Reactions: asb3pe

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I added EIO to my Direwolf 1.12 pack to play with it. It's quite cool. Just enough new stuff to make you have to reassess how you use the mod but not so much as to feel like they changed all the things.

As for FTB adding to existing packs, I believe it is still listed as a Beta Mod, maybe even an Alpha. I would not expect to see it in any "Main stream" pack until it get out of Beta. Small Custom packs though will probably start appearing any day now.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I added EIO to my Direwolf 1.12 pack to play with it. It's quite cool. Just enough new stuff to make you have to reassess how you use the mod but not so much as to feel like they changed all the things.
I felt the same way about Thermal Expansion in Horizons III - I hadn't experienced it since they made all those changes (upgrade kits, etc) and added a bunch of new machines and tools, and it was fresh and new enough for me to really enjoy it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
As for FTB adding to existing packs, I believe it is still listed as a Beta Mod, maybe even an Alpha. I would not expect to see it in any "Main stream" pack until it get out of Beta. Small Custom packs though will probably start appearing any day now.

Thanks for that explanation. As a simple end-user, I didn't realize, or consider, the fact it might still be in beta testing... but that explains perfectly why we haven't seen it placed into any of the big-name modpacks yet.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Thanks for that explanation. As a simple end-user, I didn't realize, or consider, the fact it might still be in beta testing... but that explains perfectly why we haven't seen it placed into any of the big-name modpacks yet.

I think it was just too late to the game, the kitchen sink packs are already out and the pack devs are busy fine tuning the quest and expert mode packs. Once those are out, they might go back and look at the latecomers, especially since Thaumcraft dropped last night for 1.12.2.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think it was just too late to the game, the kitchen sink packs are already out and the pack devs are busy fine tuning the quest and expert mode packs. Once those are out, they might go back and look at the latecomers, especially since Thaumcraft dropped last night for 1.12.2.
Have you had chance to have a go with it yet? The change from wands to the Caster's Gauntlet is interesting!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I checked it out a bit in 1.10.2, but didn't go very deep. I do like the new research mechanic. I'm just getting a game started after taking the time to find a seed I like, spawning on the edge of a magical forest.
Ah nice, well I'm sure there are plenty of cool things to discover, so do let us know! :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
b8EgeNL.png

Backstory on this: I set up a second watertower to power my Gendustry setup. Simple, uninterrupted, scale-able power. Through my entire playthrough, I have not had a squid spawn in my 'expected' squid pool, which was a carefully constructed 3x7x2 pool of still water below 'sea level'. I have had squids spawn in just about every single-source-block cobble-generator I have, in the irrigation channels for my crops (before I closed them off), and now - this.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
All you gotta do is re-purpose that structure as a sushi factory. Boom, problem solved!

Sadly, they don't drop calamari, and I'm so close to done with Thaumcraft that my stock of ink sacs is going to be plenty. (Getting some affairs in order before I'm no longer of sound mind, then it's Advanced Golems and KAMI...)

EDIT: Never mind - they do drop it. I just managed to misspell it in NEI after spelling it correctly here. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
R

Red_Tek

speaking of squids, i found out that calamari is one of the best early game food sources until you get a healing axe (which restores hunger at no price)