What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Still playing and picking away at Infinity Expert myself, a no mine attempt, and I've made a discovery. You can autocraft with the certus quartz wrench, never heard of anyone knowing a way to actually autocraft with it as pretty much everything just eats it when autocrafting. The method is actually just buildcraft, so it's not even an obscure mod or anything, just one of the more obscure features. I've never actually seen anyone use the stamping table and recipe packager method of autocrafting other than me, but it's pretty potent and works perfectly here, even works well with looping the wrench around and needing only the one for all three recipes. Just have one recipe packager produce the ring then feed into a second which adds the wrench, which feeds into a stamping table which gives you the output and the wrench back. I was just using it because it allows you to craft by shape which is super rare.

So that's my discovery of the day, buildcraft allows you to autocraft with an item considered incompatible with autocrafting.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It makes me wonder if we’ve got to that point where it had been long enough that people didn’t feel like it was absolutely needed in a pack anymore. I hope they give it a bit of a shakeup :)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It makes me wonder if we’ve got to that point where it had been long enough that people didn’t feel like it was absolutely needed in a pack anymore. I hope they give it a bit of a shakeup :)

I'm sure it will creep in to the next round of packs, but the big pack makers are already releasing their current efforts without it. I'm back to waiting for Azanor to catch up, but this is enough for me to start messing around in 1.12.2 to see what is new and interesting and what holes need to be filled in or worked around. Like adding dank/null to make up for the unfinished functionality of Iron Backpacks. Open Blocks and NEI are both back but I still see people using the small fill-in mods that replace 1 specific function or block. My favorite grave mod and my preferred pump substitute both feel abandoned.

The long delay with Thermal Dynamics last round is the reason I started using Ender IO, now it is my must have, go to tech mod.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I must admit, I really like Thermal Expansion as it is right now. The only things I miss from it are Tesseracts (of course) and the various plates introduced in the previous iteration things like the excursion plate were really nice :D

What was your pump substitute? The grave mod in SevTech looks very nice to me.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019

I'm still missing the Attractor Obelisk nothing matches the functionality of that and it makes the absolute best early general mob farm you can have, with an Octadic capacitor.

I discovered the Thermal Satchels make a good replacement for many of the functions of Iron backpacks bit more work required but they can get close enough for me.

Reactions: Kuktar
K

Kuktar

I must admit, I really like Thermal Expansion as it is right now. The only things I miss from it are Tesseracts (of course) and the various plates introduced in the previous iteration things like the excursion plate were really nice :D

What was your pump substitute? The grave mod in SevTech looks very nice to me.

Are you talking about the mod tombmanygraves? its pretty good grave mod but nothing in my opinon comes close to the sleekness of

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/corail-tombstone

Corail tombstone is so badass it gives you a key that unlocks your grave and the mechanics behind it are really cool to, for example you can add a enderpearl to your key to tele you close to your grave. there is alot of other cool things about it to!

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Reactions: Kuktar
K

Kuktar

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/etpmod
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/graves

These are my choices in 1.10.2. Looks like they both made it to 1.11, but not to 1.12. Open blocks has a grave option, although I may be inclined to turn on keepInventory for a while. I don't think any of the mods I'm interested in include a pump in 1.12, so I'm still looking for a stand alone. Ranged pumps was just a lot slow and a little derpy for me.

Have you tried buildcraft? Imo the best pup, not very buggy and very balanced . Ofc it's a huge modpack so I could see why you would want all of its stuffs

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Have you tried buildcraft? Imo the best pup, not very buggy and very balanced . Ofc it's a huge modpack so I could see why you would want all of its stuffs

I don't think I've used buildcraft since 1.4.6, maybe 1.5.2. I'm also avoiding forestry, ic2, rf tools, and thermal expansion. I'm not looking for more big mods that do all the things, I'm after small mods that fill in gaps, do only a few things but better than or in more interesting ways than everyone else.

Thinking back, I didn't start playing modded until 1.6.4, so that would have been the last time I really used buildcraft.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've been using mostly the Immersive Engineering pump. It natively sucks water without creating flowing blocks, defaults to replacing lava with cobblestone, and vacuum's up just about anything I feed into it without a hiccup. Does not do Buildcraft Oil Wells, because of the weird way the well's work.

Reactions: zBob

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Not an FTB pack but in the SevTech pack you really want to get your nutrition bars to maximum gives Strength, Resistance and doubles your health when all four are at maximum, easiest way to do it is by using the manual millstone (once you have it) that thing absolutely annihilates your food bar.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame