What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
What I discovered today: It's not thaaaat difficult to actually build your own lil modpack :D

Sure had alot of searching to do for some stuff and actually had to work around a lil ID conflict and still have to look through the configs to make a few changes.
Really happy, that most of the mod'authors make it so easy to understand most things you have to do to make a modpack work, especially all the descriptions inside the config-files to help understanding it :)

Reactions: Fraction2 and Pyure

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Today, I learned that Rotarycraft Heaters are wonderful for giving that little kick to a blast furnace. I ALSO learned that heaters have a tendency to lava-ify the stone bricks around them. And lava hurts.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
There appears to be a 1-tick propagation delay for some components in super circuit maker, most notably redstone torches and levers. This can lead to some interesting interactions.

I discovered this trying to make a cell that needed two inputs to turn on, but one input to turn off:
Two inputs, A and B, feed into a 2-input AND, which feeds into a lever.
The lever's "on" output feeds back into B, so that only A is needed to turn it back off.

That's what's supposed to happen, anyways. Thing is, There's a 3-tick propagation loop of input B's torch, AND output torch, and lever, which means that if B receives a short enough pulse while A is active, B will turn off before the lever turns on, which means that the lever will pulse itself back off.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
And if you name it Direwolf20, you get a little enderman head icon there.

I wonder what other names have an effect like this?
And if "derp" is anywhere in the name of the instance, you get this one:
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.27.53 AM.png

Interestingly, it would appear that if the instance name contains more than one easter-egg-triggering substring, the icon gets multiple easter eggs:
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.34.36 AM.png

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO Zombie generators look absolutely incredible when used with Immersive Engineering connectors and cables.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Engeneering in MC1.10 (not sure if before) does has Redstone Coils and Connectors.

Work same as the Power Coils it uses... fits perfectly into my design and also a cheap and easy alternative for wireless Redstone.