What are the best deeds you have done in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie Outbreaks suck. They happen too often. So one day I says to myself "fuck this, why do I live near a village if it's filled with zombie bait?" and then says to myself "Maybe I should just set up a clinic..."
Three MC days later I had a system set up to pull all infected into a sterile enviroment have them in pens. Then I cured them all. Brought them back home, and upgraded the security of the village with a few golems. And more then a few laser turrets. Needless to say, we didn't have many infections after that. And due to the zombie villager retrieval system combined with the occasional villager zombie spawn, the village actually grew quite a bit. Enough that we had a iron golem party.

And zombie raids with zombies spawning inside the homes of my town, the spots I didn't augment with a defense grid. One day its a happy prosperous village. Next morning it's a ghost town filled with undead.

Suffice to say, I was PISSED. Came up with a even better solution; a MFFS shielding system that ignores zombie villagers but kills all other hostiles. The catch-22 was the power draw. Not as easy to generate enough power to protect a whole village from hostiles as it is to make the shield system that will protect them.

For info on what happened next, check my posts in the Worst Crimes thread. Yeah... That wasn't the only time I did that, but it was the only time I felt it was justified.

Reactions: RealSketch

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: Zombies spawns even in lighted areas when the zombie raid starts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: Zombies spawns even in lighted areas when the zombie raid starts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Only if they can't spawn anyone else. So basically, if the whole town is safely lit, and nothing can spawn out on the streets and around the village, then yes, anywhere in town is now a valid spawn point for zombies. Thankfully the raid only happens at midnight, so take a quick sleep before then and your people are safe(ish).

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie Outbreaks suck. They happen too often. So one day I says to myself "fuck this, why do I live near a village if it's filled with zombie bait?" and then says to myself "Maybe I should just set up a clinic..."
Three MC days later I had a system set up to pull all infected into a sterile enviroment have them in pens. Then I cured them all. Brought them back home, and upgraded the security of the village with a few golems. And more then a few laser turrets. Needless to say, we didn't have many infections after that. And due to the zombie villager retrieval system combined with the occasional villager zombie spawn, the village actually grew quite a bit. Enough that we had a iron golem party.

And zombie raids with zombies spawning inside the homes of my town, the spots I didn't augment with a defense grid. One day its a happy prosperous village. Next morning it's a ghost town filled with undead.

Suffice to say, I was PISSED. Came up with a even better solution; a MFFS shielding system that ignores zombie villagers but kills all other hostiles. The catch-22 was the power draw. Not as easy to generate enough power to protect a whole village from hostiles as it is to make the shield system that will protect them.

For info on what happened next, check my posts in the Worst Crimes thread. Yeah... That wasn't the only time I did that, but it was the only time I felt it was justified.
You are a generous player! All that for a village! :)

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I've saved mobs... or tried. I know I can't be the only one who looked at a sheep or pig about to go into lava or treading water and thought "Poor sheep/pig, hold on fella, I'll get you out!" knowing full well it's a program with no thoughts or emotions, but still feeling a bit of empathy toward it... Followed by "GO! Live free sheep/pig!" and eventually "Damn, I need food, where is that stupid pig I saved?"

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I've saved mobs... or tried. I know I can't be the only one who looked at a sheep or pig about to go into lava or treading water and thought "Poor sheep/pig, hold on fella, I'll get you out!" knowing full well it's a program with no thoughts or emotions, but still feeling a bit of empathy toward it... Followed by "GO! Live free sheep/pig!" and eventually "Damn, I need food, where is that stupid pig I saved?"
lol!

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
On the contrary, I either punch them into the lava because they're in the way or try and keep their head underwater with my fists.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
On the contrary, I either punch them into the lava because they're in the way or try and keep their head underwater with my fists.
I cooked too many cows with my portal gun and a bit of lava to count. If I used a Gravity Gun it would be even easier, truthfully.

I've also made a bit of a sport drowning chickens by holding them underwater.
...Are we horrible people?

Reactions: kaovalin