What am I doing wrong (Transport Pipes)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
a) What does this have to do with wiring?
b) Show us your setup.
c) What exactly shoots out of where?

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
a) What does this have to do with wiring?
b) Show us your setup.
c) What exactly shoots out of where?

1) I fixed the title
2) It's EXACTLY like in the video, I copied him.
3) One machine randomly sends to the other one that has an orange output instead of the chest. He claims this will no longer happen.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not watching a 30 minute video to see DW's setup, when I can look at a screenshot of your setup and probably see the problem in a few seconds.

"Machine randomly sends to another instead of a chest" doesn't sound like "shooting stuff out". I'm not sure what your problem is. Please describe exactly what you want to happen, what steps you take to achieve that, and what actually happens.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not watching a 30 minute video to see DW's setup, when I can look at a screenshot of your setup and probably see the problem in a few seconds.

Dude, if you'd just click the link it goes exactly to the spot i'm talking about.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use an iron pipe. The only reason Dire would say this is if he had a setup where he could control the direction things entered the pipe. Most pipes cannot send objects on a 180deg turn, which is what CAN happen if things go the wrong direction. Iron pipes are required here.

I cannot watch the video right now or I'd tell you if he's right and you are misunderstanding or he's just wrong.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Iron pipes just spit them out immediately. He just uses straight cobblestone in the video.

I tried using cobblestone then an iron right before the chest, iron behind each etc. I dunno what i'm doing wrong...

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember (I can't re-watch the video, ATM) He does have a problem with items popping out, and has to go back and fix it (or at least comments on it). As stated above an Iron Pipe will fix your problems[DOUBLEPOST=1366664324][/DOUBLEPOST]
Iron pipes just spit them out immediately. He just uses straight cobblestone in the video.

I tried using cobblestone then an iron right before the chest, iron behind each etc. I dunno what i'm doing wrong...

make sure you set the iron pipe direction with a wrench. if you don't you will get items popping out of your pipes.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember (I can't re-watch the video, ATM) He does have a problem with items popping out, and has to go back and fix it (or at least comments on it). As stated above an Iron Pipe will fix your problems[DOUBLEPOST=1366664324][/DOUBLEPOST]

make sure you set the iron pipe direction with a wrench. if you don't you will get items popping out of your pipes.

Oh man, I feel like a moron.

Thanks for the help guys. Everythings working now!

Reactions: southernfriedbb

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty sure that DW later notices that some items from the machine in the middle start by going the wrong way, and he adds an iron pipe (and click it with the BC wrench to make the output on the correct side).

It's been a while since that episode, I suggest you watch the next 5 or so, and he will fix it.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a thing to drop on a thread that may or may not have anything to do with anything ...

Sandstone pipes will not connect to machines. I saw someone (maybe Biffa?) use a pulverizer and then he ran a pipe out the bottom and up the side saying, "I need to use a sandstone pipe because it wont connect to the machines it passes by".

I was amazed that I never even knew there was a sandstone pipe - let alone what it was used for. :) So darn cool. Sorry it has nothing to do with iron pipes. :)

Reactions: southernfriedbb

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Similar to how iron pipes can define one direction items may go, I always wished for a pipe that could define just one direction that items COULDN'T go (without using expensive diamond pipes). This would be an ideal situation for that.