Werewolf: Unfair, wolf! [Game Thread]

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Bad as in "good guy" I presume :p

It was one of those things where if every BH was logged on at once, you might have figured out pretty quick that nobody had leaked and therefore I was full of crap.

I don't think I'd try that again, unless I had another weak-ish role. Definitely not as a seer-type.

I told them you were working with BH's and would sell us WH's out in return for not being killed :3

Edit: 50 pages. This is a big game o.o

Reactions: Shazam08 and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I told them you were working with BH's and would sell us WH's out in return for not being killed :3
Fantastic :)

Fyi, if there was any possible way for you to (safely) vote against the_j, you probably would have gone unnoticed yourself. Your own role was one of the few that went from "pretty inno" to "pretty suspect" in the space of a day (I was 99% sure at that point you were going to "forget" to vote the_j by day-end). I get that the vote was so close that adding your own voice at that point would have really screwed a teammate.

Its almost too bad the BSOD affect doesn't negate a vote: getting yourself BSOD'd by your team so that your vote was meaningless would have made you look highly inno to me and would have been a cool game ploy!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Apparently it's got more views and replies than any other werewolf game. \o/
I haven't done a lot of these so far, but its been my fav.

I like how structured it was and I didn't feel like the GM could just invent crap on the fly to smite ppl he didn't like. The theme was fun and the powers were creative.

Really hope you run another similar one one day.

Why was archivist useless on day1? Just order of operations? (Vike was visited by three (!) people that night)

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't done a lot of these so far, but its been my fav.

I like how structured it was and I didn't feel like the GM could just invent crap on the fly to smite ppl he didn't like. The theme was fun and the powers were creative.

Really hope you run another similar one one day.
Thanks! Maybe I'll add in a few killing roles to prevent that stagnation near the end. All the talkative people just died off early.

Also, there is something to be said for the rules-on-the-fly style of GMing. I wouldn't want it every game, sure, but it can make the game more interesting and uncertain if done right. Boom, sudden ability! A win condition changes! It's nice every once in a while, you know? Everything in moderation.

Why was archivist useless on day1? Just order of operations? (Vike was visited by three (!) people that night)

Archivist checks who the target visits, not who he was visited by. Make sense?

Reactions: RJS

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks! Maybe I'll add in a few killing roles to prevent that stagnation near the end. All the talkative people just died off early.

That being said, there is something to be said for the rules-on-the-fly style of GMing. I wouldn't want it every game, sure, but it definitely makes the game more interesting and uncertain. Boom! Sudden ability! A win condition changes! It's nice sometimes, you know? Everything in moderation.

Archivist checks who the target visits, not who he was visited by. Make sense?
Fully explains the role. Fails to explain why every time I have a conversation with you I end up looking incredibly illiterate.

I wouldn't want it every game, sure, but it definitely makes the game more interesting and uncertain.
Fixed.

I think there's a compromise somewhere whereby the "way" the rules can change on the fly are fully laid out in advance. The GM then is still fully following the rules.

I get what you're saying, it just doesn't feel like a victory (or a fair loss) if its because of an arbitrary GM decision. And obviously, you have to just trust that the GM knows what he's doing, but even a tiny nudge one way or the other can have a massive impact on the outcome of the game. When Vike beats me, I wanna know that its because he was pretty clever that day (usually) and not because the GM made an arbitrary decision instead of, say, rolling the dice.

Reactions: Shazam08

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Fully explains the role. Fails to explain why every time I have a conversation with you I end up looking incredibly illiterate.

Fixed.

I think there's a compromise somewhere whereby the "way" the rules can change on the fly are fully laid out in advance. The GM then is still fully following the rules.

I get what you're saying, it just doesn't feel like a victory (or a fair loss) if its because of an arbitrary GM decision. And obviously, you have to just trust that the GM knows what he's doing, but even a tiny nudge one way or the other can have a massive impact on the outcome of the game. When Vike beats me, I wanna know that its because he was pretty clever that day (usually) and not because the GM made an arbitrary decision instead of, say, rolling the dice.
I can promise, the uncertainty in my upcoming game is all me hiding information from you and not me just making it up on the fly :p

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
...You're right, this would be a lot better. Pyure wins.

Fun fact, your name was spelled three different ways by various players this game.
  • Pyure
  • Pyrue
  • Phyrue

Reactions: Pyure

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I say it like "piure" , native language being a problem once and again.[DOUBLEPOST=1414629312][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kirara Server IRC said:
<Kirara1> CarbonBasedGhost joined the game
<Kirara1> <aliarcy> Welcome
<CarbonBasedGhost> and we have liftoff
<Kirara1> <aliarcy> we did then it blew up
<CarbonBasedGhost> my screen is now blue
<Kirara1> CarbonBasedGhost left the game
<CarbonBasedGhost> this blew up too
<Kirara1> <xbony2> heh
<CarbonBasedGhost> *booooom
<CarbonBasedGhost> Luckily there was only one person on the computer
<SpwnX> you have been BSOD
<SpwnX> :D
<KiraraT> <AiramProvoker> BSOD'ed
<SpwnX> hahahahaha
<SpwnX> yeah, theres the ed thing
<SpwnX> and fun that i was the "BSOD" on the RP game we last played
<Kirara1> <aliarcy> what is bsod?
<KiraraT> <AiramProvoker> blue screen of death
<SpwnX> ^
<Kirara1> <aliarcy> ah
<Kirara3> <immibis> badass spwnx of doom
<SpwnX> :D that sounds nice
<SpwnX> must quote that.

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I have no explanation for my actions. I just didn't expect for there to be that many wolves left (I thought there would only be 1 wolf left, not three). So I slacked off a little bit and thought the odds were against the wolves and that we would get them eventually. Oh how wrong I was.

Also... I should mention about the puzzles thing, the first day was not controlled by me :) I didnt select Nojr and give him the solution, he actually solved it before the wolves. Sorry to all the people I lied to. However the days after that I only gave the puzzles to people I trusted.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have no explanation for my actions. I just didn't expect for there to be that many wolves left (I thought there would only be 1 wolf left, not three). So I slacked off a little bit and thought the odds were against the wolves and that we would get them eventually. Oh how wrong I was.

Also... I should mention about the puzzles thing, the first day was not controlled by me :) I didnt select Nojr and give him the solution, he actually solved it before the wolves. Sorry to all the people I lied to. However the days after that I only gave the puzzles to people I trusted.
I'm surprised you only thought there was 1 wolf. It was actually more or less provable that there were at least 2 (because we had a bing in heaven and people were still getting bsod'd)

PS: I feel so lied to! I can't believe the level of deception in this game sometimes, especially when all I do is be forthcoming and honest :(

C

chbachman

You didn't trust me? I am disappoint.