Werewolf organisation

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry guys you will love it. However I must say that this game will bring out the real players. I don't want any of you all to come along and just say "I can't be bothered reading the thread so I'll just vote for the guy with the most votes" One of my main pet peeves. Like some players dont even know whats going on half the time. Thats why in my game I will ask you a question about the previous day that you must answer correctly or you will be smited.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry guys you will love it. However I must say that this game will bring out the real players. I don't want any of you all to come along and just say "I can't be bothered reading the thread so I'll just vote for the guy with the most votes" One of my main pet peeves. Like some players dont even know whats going on half the time. Thats why in my game I will ask you a question about the previous day that you must answer correctly or you will be smited.
What happens if the alerts break for you though?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
You have to check the thread on a daily basis? Its not like you can't find it on the forum games section if you are not alerted.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
You have to check the thread on a daily basis? Its not like you can't find it on the forum games section if you are not alerted.
Exactly, its not like all of a sudden one day you will forget you are in the game. It's normally the first thing I check if I am an a werewolf game.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
"Is the 50% riot threshold too high?"
Good question. Depends on the ratios of each team. If this is in addition to the lynch, I think 50% is fine. Consider that although the riot-vote is "private", people may publicize it anyway (unless you forcibly disallow that). "Vote GideonSeymour. Rioting Pyure." Your riot explanation says "and cannot be publicly seen" can be interpreted as either "you're not allowed to publicize it" or "is private so don't worry about it being seen."

Add the bolded for clarity:
"The torturer learns the roles of anyone detained {by the Policy Constable}. If the Constable dies, the torturer is promoted to a Police Constable."

Clarify how this works:
"Protects one member of the Oligarchy each night from non-riot actions. Any attempting an action will be detained, preventing actions the following night."
Can you re-word this? It currently makes no sense. I think you want to say "Anyone attempting an action against the protected person will be detained,...". So if I protect VikeStep, and RJS-the-Scout looks at VikeStep, RJS will be detained, his actions will be blocked, and the Torturer will learn his identity. BTW: that's pretty buff.

Coroner: "While the Coroner is alive, roles are not revealed on death"
This Coroner role will make the game almost impossible to play for resistance/populace. The only counter-balance to a "wolf" conversation is that the "villagers" can infer things from what happened the night before. If they can't learn anything, all their actions are random and its just a diceroll until the game is over. Seer-type roles are irrelevant in this balance.
And this problem is exacerbated further by the fact that he can also be protected from "riots" by the constable every night.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. If there's no villager lynch separate from riots, then yeah, you probably want to lower the threshold.
There is a villager lynch, but only the Oligarchy's votes count so yeah, it's basically a wolfkill.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm confused. Everyone votes, but only the oligarchy votes are counted? That's going to operate kind of weirdly isn't it? Why would a villager ever even vote?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused. Everyone votes, but only the oligarchy votes are counted? That's going to operate kind of weirdly isn't it? Why would a villager ever even vote?
Planning on making it a forced vote, so you have to vote or be smited. It was one of those cool ideas I had about changing up how the game works that has proven to be a right PITA to get to work in a reasonable fashion.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Its a bit messed up I think. If everyone, say, antismites, then the oligarchy are going to be the people who voted for the guy who dies, plus one or two poor suckers. Even if the Oligarchy intelligently spreads their votes around, I think its going to be fairly obvious who the bad guys are.

Maybe make everyone's vote count for lynch, but Oligarchy votes are each worth more? Or add a power like the Nobles: choose three players nightly, these players do not count towards the Lynch vote?

Possible change:
* If the Noble dies, a random Oligarchy member will become a (powerless) Noble in addition to their existing role (so that the Thief can't just randomly lose the whole game on N1 if their target is riot-killed). If an Oligarchy member has already been visited once by a thief, they're out of the running to become Noble.

Status
Not open for further replies.