Werewolf organisation

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My biggest concern is the names of the teams. Even in freaking Google/Bing game we called each other wolves. I'm trying to structure it to mitigate that a bit.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Here's our roles and rules to discuss before we start.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyEazg0vwpbKcy4E_UogCHgxXqnJlpEkcOyHp3TxtUQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Note the following:
  • There's no RNG. Period.
  • There's no magical decisions by the GM. I execute the order of operations. If there's a gray area I'll do my best to keep it fair. I'll probably fail and listen to SpwnX bitch about it. But I'll try.
  • I stole heavily. Yay! I liked a lot of Vike's roles in particular.
  • Brackets on role names indicate that I borrowed that "traditional" role, or that it can be most closely approximated to that role.
  • I'd love another Town role guys. Help a brother out.
  • I don't really care if you call the "bad guys" the wolves. Bonus if you don't though.
  • I love the Day 1 drama of Lynch=NoWolfKill. Adopted!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nobody's given feedback yet. Not starting a signup sheet until a few smurt people lemme know if the whole game is going to fall apart immediately.

C

chbachman

Nobody's given feedback yet. Not starting a signup sheet until a few smurt people lemme know if the whole game is going to fall apart immediately.
Am I smurt?
If it falls apart, that's okay. Look at my game. I thought it was fun, and it fell apart. :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Minor change to Imposter; his power was a bit too weak (little gain for fair amount of risk).

The gain is now basically the same, but risk is reduced (targeting madman now reveals his role to madman, whom he can try to keep quiet)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Minor change to Wolf Blood: only villagers (who are wolves!) can be revived by wolf blood. Prevents insurrectionists from hoarding the item and keeping their clan alive permanently.

If the item is used to revive a person (who then gets the item), there's a 1-night cooldown before it can be used again (for any action).

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed on wolfblood being too powerful. I'd rather have a power role (priest wolf? shaman?) to cast resurrections on cooldown (3 to 4 nights). Possibly require wolf blood as catalyst. Thus the reviver wolf only starts to revive once he obtains it from others.

Reactions: Pyure

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Did someone call for a smurf? Wait, smurt. I'm smert.
  1. You've got "Judge" and "Alpha" listed four spaces apart in the Order. Are they not the same role?
  2. Is there any point in the Beta's public guard? Any sane wolf human pack would see the threat and change their target for that night.
  3. If Madman is murdered by the insurrection, does a Beta or an unnamed "guard" die in his place?
  4. The Order doesn't contain smites, lynches, and wolf human kills.
  5. If you don't end up splitting the Wolfblood into two separate items, would you consider attaching a negative effect for holding on to it? Like, you're seen as a wolf by other Wolfblood users.
  6. On that note, will there be more than one Wolfblood in the game? It's the town's wolves' only way of finding out roles aside from the incredibly specific Spy.
  7. If I Spy-guess "Imposter" for an Imposter disguised as a Prowler, what will come up?
  8. If I Spy-guess "Prowler" for an Imposter disguised as a Prowler, what will come up?
  9. What's the big deal if the Imposter picks a Madman? Is the Madman's notification "An Imposter disguised as you!" or "Imposter Shazam disguised as you!"? Will the Imposter appear as a Madman for the rest of the game?
  10. What's the point of a Madman becoming an Omega after he's been lynched? The Omega's power resides on being killed, and the rolechange will be very obvious to any potential killers.

Also...
My biggest concern is the names of the teams. Even in freaking Google/Bing game we called each other wolves. I'm trying to structure it to mitigate that a bit.
Even in freaking Google/Bing game we called each other wolves.
freaking Google/Bing game
raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Also swap redshirt with "crazy scientist" the guy that has the power to revive a fellow teammate once, using the wolf blood permanently.

Reactions: 016Nojr

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Also swap redshirt with "crazy scientist" the guy that has the power to revive a fellow teammate once, using the wolf blood permanently.
I think it should be swapped with civilian for a twist because they are actually humans. Also the boss should be mayor and the assassin should be vigilante.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, would anyone mind if I try my hand at hosting the next game after Pyure?
If you can do a signup today, please do your game first. I'm a player, not a GM, and am volunteering mainly to keep the ball rolling.

[Wolf Blood] does sound a little overpowered now.
Agreed on wolfblood being too powerful. I'd rather have a power role (priest wolf? shaman?) to cast resurrections on cooldown (3 to 4 nights). Possibly require wolf blood as catalyst. Thus the reviver wolf only starts to revive once he obtains it from others.
Bear in mind that if I split it up, both powers can be used on the same night. Splitting it up would be granting more power to players rather than less.

I'll probably tweak SpwnX's idea a bit and use something like that. If the priest wolf gets the blood, he can do resurrections without cool downs. In practice the person being resurrected will probably just hand him back the blood the next day, and that's ok.

Now for some serious feedback, goodness Shazam.
You've got "Judge" and "Alpha" listed four spaces apart in the Order. Are they not the same role?
Thanks, fixed. There's no Judge.

Is there any point in the Beta's public guard? Any sane wolf human pack would see the threat and change their target for that night.
A bodyguard in this case would gain public credit, thus proving he's a villager to other villagers. I'm not certain I'm happy with this and would entertain suggestions to change it.

If Madman is murdered by the insurrection, does a Beta or an unnamed "guard" die in his place?
Nobody dies if he's murdered by the insurrection. The villager-death is mostly intended to offset a minor concern whereby the madman can too-easily "choose" to switch to villagers by asking them, privately or publicly, to lynch him. Chances are they won't want to "trade" an empowered villager for a powerless villager.

Conversely, Its harder for him to coordinate an insurrection-death.

At face-value I actually like this balance but I'm open to alternative concerns or suggestions.

The Order doesn't contain smites, lynches, and wolf human kills.
Fixed but needs feedback.

If you don't end up splitting the Wolfblood into two separate items, would you consider attaching a negative effect for holding on to it? Like, you're seen as a wolf by other Wolfblood users.
On that note, will there be more than one Wolfblood in the game? It's the town's wolves' only way of finding out roles aside from the incredibly specific Spy.
And aside from logical deduction of course :)
I like your idea for a negative effect. Lemme think about that.

If I Spy-guess "Imposter" for an Imposter disguised as a Prowler, what will come up?
If I Spy-guess "Prowler" for an Imposter disguised as a Prowler, what will come up?
I think I botched this mechanic since we're dealing with "allegiance" and "role". I've changed it so they actually steal the "role", so there's something for the spy to see.

Imposter goes first, and we need to decide if an imposter is carrying two roles simultaneously. I'm thinking due to the wording that he does not.

If an Imposter is impersonating an Alpha, and the Spy says he's an imposter, Spy will receive a negative. If the Spy says he's an Alpha, he'll get an "affirmative".

What's the big deal if the Imposter picks a Madman? Is the Madman's notification "An Imposter disguised as you!" or "Imposter Shazam disguised as you!"? Will the Imposter appear as a Madman for the rest of the game?
"While running down the street naked (to protect you from aliens, who embedded tracking devices in your clothing) you notice a near mirror-image of you duck into an alley. You track him down. Its Shazam! He's impersonating you! Or maybe its the aliens again? Who knows."
The madman will have the option to let everyone know the identity of the imposter. The insurrection will have the option of negotiating with the madman to secure his silence.

He will appear as a madman for that night to a Spy. He can continue impersonating other people as usual going forward, but his power is useless if the madman outs him.

What's the point of a Madman becoming an Omega after he's been lynched? The Omega's power resides on being killed, and the rolechange will be very obvious to any potential killers.
Mostly to protect him a bit and give him a chance at victory.

Do you have an actual role name idea? I was amused by red shirt mostly because on star trek, the guy with the red shirt always dies.

I think it should be swapped with civilian for a twist because they are actually humans. Also the boss should be mayor and the assassin should be vigilante.
You mean renamed to civilian? that's not a bad idea.

The insurrectionists are living in sewers and broken buildings. They have no society or law, hence they have no mayors or vigilantes.

That said, I'm open to renaming the Boss.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Each night, can cause PlayerA to assume the role (but not powers) of PlayerB (for the purposes of the Spy and Wolf Tooth); if PlayerB is a Madman, the Madman will be notified. PlayerA may never impersonate PlayerB twice. (Two players can impersonate SpwnX; neither can impersonate SpwnX ever again)
Is Imposter now too powerful?

Lots of revisions done to role sheet, including splitting Wolf Blood into two objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.