Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Well, the whole point of the game is "Werewolves. They Keep Spreading," but what are you asking about giving the wolves back their convo without worrying about the Wolverine balancing you had before. But people can get infected by the Wolverine and another way. I can take him out if it's crazy. If anything I'd taking the body spreading out. Let me know.

I'd say leaving the wolverine in and taking all other wolves out of the game, makes for a pretty interesting and maybe more balanced game.
You'd need some kind of poisonous villagers then for the contagious wolf to die (or lose his power) from, instead of the other wolves.

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
what are you asking about giving the wolves back their convo without worrying about the Wolverine balancing you had before.
Sorry, that was unclear. Right now you're letting the Wolverine infect someone every night, but balancing it by killing him if he infects another wolf (which means removing the wolf convo). If you limit how often the Wolverine can infect people, you don't need to kill the wolf convo to make the role balanced(ish).

Robin's idea works too. His might be better than mine, actually. :p

Reactions: Bigdbigd03

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Except mine would mean no night kills for the first few nights, so no real proof to base your lynch evidence on. :/

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Except mine would mean no night kills for the first few nights, so no real proof to base your lynch evidence on. :/
Have it so that the wolverine can only infect people he responds to or quotes in the game thread, that way villagers have some evidence to go on?

The only problem with this is it promotes a kind of gag order on the town, as they could be incriminated into that network otherwise, which could be an interesting mechanic if balanced correctly

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna try these all when I make the next wtks, but right now, I think I'm gonna see how this plays off. I'll try robs first because that sounds really interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem with this is it promotes a kind of gag order on the town, as they could be incriminated into that network otherwise, which could be an interesting mechanic if balanced correctly
There's a way around this--force player networks to form via random results. No more than three people in a convo, and only once per player. This creates a "we may be wolves already" situation that encourages people to find out which group is screwed or not. I like this mechanic to get people to network where they normally don't, like my SpyWolf 2 game with Masterminds.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
There's a way around this--force player networks to form via random results. No more than three people in a convo, and only once per player. This creates a "we may be wolves already" situation that encourages people to find out which group is screwed or not. I like this mechanic to get people to network where they normally don't, like my SpyWolf 2 game with Masterminds.

So this mechanic + my earlier one, or would wolverine only be able to infect those in their random group?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
So this mechanic + my earlier one, or would wolverine only be able to infect those in their random group?
Both. You get an immediate pool of wolflings to build on with N1 and N2, while rampant speculation occurs in the main thread. Of course, you may branch out and start your own cells of loyalists directing everyone instead. Big opportunities for strategy this way.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
What? If your saying I made a game, no, it's just a random template that I for some reason crated.
You did not yet allow other people to view the document. By default every google doc document is only accessible for you (unless they are stored in a folder which is shared)
from memory you need to go to file->share->get sharable link