Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Wolverine has to infect once a day, but if a wolf get's infected. The wolverine dies.
NOTE: Theirs only one wolverine.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, when alt is playing. That's my friend. His email is broke so I am ltting him use my alt.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Well in mine the wolves know that there is a chance that one of them, including themselves, isn't an actual wolf, so my setup would be a "game like this" as well.

What do you think about that one?
I hadn't read your sheet yet. What stops that one wolf from just saying all the wolves to the thread and winning?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
To anyone posting a rolesheet for review:
If someone asks a question, it doesn't just mean "explain". It means you didn't word it clearly enough. Make sure you update the rolesheet, especially since if its a GOOD game, you'll want to avoid the same repeated questions the next time you run the game.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Pyure is talking in general but considering you had to answer some questions and didn't change the rolesheet......

I feel like he was talking to me as well, because at least half of the answers to Shazam's questions weren't obvious from my rolesheet and I haven't updated most of the topics covered yet.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
3. In fact he can, but if he infects wolf, he gets killed.
You're all on your own, you can do private convos. Course that probs wont happen. So I'm throwing out the wolf convo, it's more a guess for everybody that way.
This whole mechanic is pretty weird, Big. The wolf convo is a pretty major part of the game, as Vike mentioned, since it lets the smaller-numbered wolves coordinate against a bigger town. The Wolverine's infection will get pretty out of control, too, so that (even if he only lives a night or two) you'll end up with a huge imbalance of the two teams.

Would you consider changing these around? If you limit how often the Wolverine can infect people (i.e. "Once per game", "Every three nights"), you can give the wolves back their convo without worrying about the Wolverine balancing you had before.

Ooooooooh, @Shazam08 can I be a proxy? :cool:
Sure! But I probably won't give you out if I don't have the password. :p

Just so you know, when alt is playing. That's my friend. His email is broke so I am ltting him use my alt.
Why would I play my own game.
We've had some trouble with alts in the past, so a lot of us are skeptical of stuff like this. A GM playing in his own game would know everyone's role from D1, which isn't fun for anyone.

If your friend is locked out of his email, it takes all of ten minutes for him to recover the password and make his own account on the forums. We'd love to meet him.

Reactions: Pyure

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I hadn't read your sheet yet. What stops that one wolf from just saying all the wolves to the thread and winning?

I'm sorry, but I misread that earlier. The Delusional does not know he's the "traitor". If a (town) seer checks him out, they will see that he's of unknown alignment, so they know that he is the "wolf-mole", however if they told him that, he'd have no reason to trust them. The seer might as well tell that to an actual wolf, after all, to trick him into ratting out all of his buddies.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I'm sorry, but I misread that earlier. The Delusional does not know he's the "traitor". If a (town) seer checks him out, they will see that he's of unknown alignment, so they know that he is the "wolf-mole", however if they told him that, he'd have no reason to trust them. The seer might as well tell that to an actual wolf, after all, to trick him into ratting out all of his buddies.
I haven't read the sheet, so sorry in advance if I am asking something obvious
But, if the "traitor" doesn't know he is a traitor nor has a way to know this without an untrustworthy outside source, why will he ever react as a traitor?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Because all wolves sent to kill have some special attachment to their assignment, the wolves and the Delusional can find out who of them is who. Furthermore, if the wolves among themselves, have already established a few of their own roles as non-traitor, a person with an un-established role in the wolf convo who is contacted by a seer about being the Delusional, could feed another "un-established" to town via the seer, to see if his role checks out.

The Delusional probably won't find out about his condition within the first three days, but if he does and survives the night, the wolves are probably toast.*

Possibilities are... complicated.

*I was thinking about a way for the wolves to kill a person in the wolf convo once per game, for the sole purpose of killing the Delusional before daybreak in the rare situation that all people in the wolf convo find out his identity at the same time. 16 hrs day, 8 hrs night?

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
This whole mechanic is pretty weird, Big. The wolf convo is a pretty major part of the game, as Vike mentioned, since it lets the smaller-numbered wolves coordinate against a bigger town. The Wolverine's infection will get pretty out of control, too, so that (even if he only lives a night or two) you'll end up with a huge imbalance of the two teams.

Would you consider changing these around? If you limit how often the Wolverine can infect people (i.e. "Once per game", "Every three nights"), you can give the wolves back their convo without worrying about the Wolverine balancing you had before.
Well, the whole point of the game is "Werewolves. They Keep Spreading," but what are you asking about giving the wolves back their convo without worrying about the Wolverine balancing you had before. But people can get infected by the Wolverine and another way. I can take him out if it's crazy. If anything I'd taking the body spreading out. Let me know.