Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Go for it, I'm not quite happy with mine yet, and I need to sit down and type out my notes for peer-review.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Matrix12, but in a much smaller scale. There are random 6 possible setups instead of 12.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Matrix6
I hate to ask, but what's a Matrix12 setup? :p (Your link doesn't clarify that either)

Bear in mind: I don't play mafia on other sites except when ThingyMan specifically drags me in. I gave up a competitive spot specifically because I don't have time for the seriously hardcore games.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'll let Thingyman explain that.
Do they know which one is used when the game starts?

Another thing I didn't like about the last MU game I played was there was a million "possible" roles for 20 people, so there was zero logical extrapolation to find roles. People were either good or bad based on your ability to catch lies or sheer luck, but not on your ability to put pieces together or come up with particularly clever lies.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
If we want to run a Matrix6 or Matrix12 game to prepare for the Championships, we'd need to push games back to get them through in time. @goreae and @RealKC?
I think it's unlikely that we can support a Matrix12 game, since it's a minimum of 17 players. I think we should create a massive registration thread and see if we can create a Matrix12 game. If that's not possible, we'll just create as many parallel Matrix6 games as we can.
Eg 9 participants -> 1 Matrix6 games.
17 participants -> 1 Matrix12 game.
Etc etc.

Edit: Nevermind. It's 17 and not 27 participants. I'm stupid : P Corrected the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealKC

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think it's unlikely that we can support a Matrix12 game, since it's a minimum of 17 players. I think we should create a massive registration thread and see if we can create a Matrix12 game. If that's not possible, we'll just create as many parallel Matrix6 games as we can.
Eg 9 participants -> 1 Matrix6 games.
17 participants -> 1 Matrix12 game.
Etc etc.

Edit: Nevermind. It's 17 and not 27 participants. I'm stupid : P Corrected the above.
Yeah, 17 is slightly below average for us. I don't think I've ever seen us hit 27, you're right about that.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Nope, I'm not going to volunteer for nominee. It'd be an honor, sure, but I'd probably fail epically and get smitten somehow. And I'd never be able to keep up with that kind of activity anyhow.

Anywho, I'd be up for a Matrix-type game hosted here. If we don't get exactly 9, 17, or 18 players, we can just fudge things a little and add or remove some vanilla villagers or wolves as needed. So who will host it?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Shazam08 @SpwnX @Pyure

Any of you being interested in being the representative this time around?
For an mu game? I genuinely feel you're more qualified than I am for that arena, having completed a few games there.

Watching a bit of @frederikam's play I suspect he'd be capable if you need a fill-in(I can't promise the hours when I'm in the middle of major work projects which us often)

Reactions: frederikam