Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I know, you were at full health. At least someone can sympathize with you.

Update 2!

Squaddie Wolf Pyure
was killed in battle. He was poisoned by a Thin man, and failed to reach Fraction's medkit in time. RIP.

nAZ5StPl.jpg

He's been replaced by Squaddie Sg Bros.

Squaddie Vike Step was wounded in battle. Rookie Eru Antine will be filling in until he recovers.

2RJamdil.jpg

In other news, Dylan's kicking ass. He's got 12 kills, been promoted to Sergeant, and earned the nickname "Tectonic". More to follow.
Nice to know I've been made use of...
anyone considering running a christmas-themed game?
What, with Krampus'?

Reactions: Pyure

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
I know, you were at full health. At least someone can sympathize with you.

Update 2!

Squaddie Wolf Pyure
was killed in battle. He was poisoned by a Thin man, and failed to reach Fraction's medkit in time. RIP.

nAZ5StPl.jpg

He's been replaced by Squaddie Sg Bros.

Squaddie Vike Step was wounded in battle. Rookie Eru Antine will be filling in until he recovers.

2RJamdil.jpg

In other news, Dylan's kicking ass. He's got 12 kills, been promoted to Sergeant, and earned the nickname "Tectonic". More to follow.
I shoudl've done this with my letsplay I did last week. I'll be sure to do it when xcom 2 comes around ^^;

Reactions: Fraction2

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Just so you guys know, you're now at risk of joining my XCOM game. Four have already been conscripted. Resistance is futile.

riJxjHql.jpg

The RWBY suits were only mostly accidental
Dibs. Last time I got put in one of those I became a heavy with a guided rocket launcher, psi powers, enough badassery to literally make an alien run away, and the nickname of motherfucking disco.

Reactions: dylanpiera

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is what hes talking about. Great strategy game. Killing aliens. Getting killed by aliens. Sawing people their limbs off so you can turn them in a MEG. Adding alien DNA into people so they can jump 10 feet in the air. etc.
My personal highlight? Kinetic Strike Module. Punched through a wall into an EXALT unit, who flew into a car with enough force to detonate the car, killing another EXALT who was using it for cover.

Bitchslap of the century.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
oh shit there's interest

Update 3!

When we last left our heroes, they were but wee lads in the world at large. There's a decent-sized gap between this update and the one before it, but I'll do my best to fill you all in.

Dead
Squaddie Lj Fa and Rookie Striking Wolf have come and gone!

V3iALool.jpg

G1Kpy3Vl.jpg

I, uh... I don't entirely remember what happened to you guys, but I'm sure you died valiantly. Squaddie Fa got a few kills before he went down.

Squaddie Thepic Five died to... Alright, man, you had one of the best deaths. Let Papa Shaz tell you a tale.

hPJdHq0l.jpg

The squad was called to a small fishing village on the outskirts of Canada, after it went dark or some shit. It was Epic, Fraction, Vike, and Dylan- Three of my best troopers, with Epic tagging along. They encounter some zombies along the way- Just one or two at a time, but their existence means Chryssalids are around.

(For those of you unfamiliar with XCOM, Chryssalids are the scariest MFs you'll ever see. Imagine a giant spider with more health than a tank that can run as fast as your troops. They can leap high enough to scale buildings, and anyone they kill becomes a zombie (which later becomes a new goddamn Chryssalid).)

So the squad climbs up on this building, with Dylan on the ground, when all of a sudden... Two zombies, followed by two Chryssalids, pop into frame. Both of these fuckers leap on to the squad's building at the end of my turn, and just whale on Epic. Epic becomes a zombie and attacks the rest of the party until a Chryssalid erupts from his chest. The rest of my brave squad ran like girls back to the plane.

Long story short, Epic owns an alien fishing village off the coast of Nova Scotia. Gratz.

Lieutenant Leth 'Technic' Osos was killed!

GMqj4tql.jpg

A few days ago, Fraction went undercover in a Mexican EXALT base (For those unfamiliar with XCOM, EXALT's basically a mutant terror group that loves aliens). Leth was part of the extraction team to get him out alive. Lieutenant Osos died to a well-thrown grenade, but his sacrifice let everyone else on the mission escape alive. Rest in peace.

Alive
q2hKG1Zl.jpg

KwuF4w2l.jpg

The 'wounded' and 'gravely wounded' guys were the ones that went to retrieve Fraction. They are, by far, my strongest units.

Please note that Dylan and Sg's nicknames were randomly generated. If you guys think you can top 'Tectonic' and 'Emo', let me know.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Update 3!

Ah, yiss. I'm the secret agent man. And I love my nickname, too. Best laugh I've had all day.

In other news, I'm so used to the Long War mod for XCOM:EW that I see ten available soldiers and I die a little inside. I'm running almost forty and barely have enough.

But keep up the good work, at some point you might consider your own thread for XCOM shenanigans.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Wait wait wait wait what? How am I in this?

Is XCOM a game where you (loosely?) control multiple units, and you just decided to name yours after FTB Werewolf players?

Yes, and you actually control them rather precisely It's a great tactical game, I highly recommend it. Shazzy has named his soldiers after the FTBer's, and is methodically killing us off trying his hardest to keep us alive.

Although in my experience, XCOM soldiers have about the accuracy of a chicken missing it's head, who somehow manages to be brandishing an assault rifle.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It's even worse in the original version, IMO. At least my doppelganger pillowed a 'nade for you guys.

I love Vike's nickname. It implies he's better than sliced bread.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Well, My plans where to atleast start the signups, And we'll start after christmas is over.

For new years eve (Or whatever you call it) We'd just make that day 24 hours longer

Ideas? Complaints?
I'll make the signup once i get my lazy ass out of bed.