Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Cross-Community Game Announcement!

After talking with Thingyman and Frog (from SC2mafia) on Skype, we're switching things up a little bit with the cross-community match. Don't worry, it's all good news. Remember how super-increased activity was a concern? Not anymore.

There are two games in planning, both hosted on Mafia Universe:
  • We're now signed up for a "friendly" cross-community game with another group of forums (Ultimate Mafia, Personality Cafe, Playstuff, and MafiaManiac). It's more casual than something like SC2 or the Championships, so those of you that had concerns about availability (like SE37) should be covered. It's comparable to one of our games here. There's no minimum or maximum limit to the amount of players we can send, too, so don't be shy. We'll kick their ass.
    • (Casual game)
    • If you want to sign up for this one, sign up here.
"But Shazam! I'm an active player and was really looking forward to a highly competitive game with SC2mafia!"
  • Worry not! SC2 will be playing against the regulars of Mafia Universe sometime in the near future. It'll be crazy; If you followed the Mafia Championships that Vike went to, that's probably the closest comparison. Keep availability in mind- Frog warned me that reduced activity "...will be met with extreme scurinty- from any level of player from our player base".
    • (Competitive game)
    • If you want to be pinged when this game's signups start (no obligation to join), sign up here.
You can sign up for either, neither, or both games.

To the 7 that ~volunteered for tribute~ in the previous interest check (@LivingAngryCheese, @Fraction2, @Someone Else 37, @dylanpiera, @VikeStep, @Pyure, @016Nojr): I wasn't sure what you'd think of the change, so your names have not been carried over to either googledoc. Sign up again! Don't let your dreams be dreams! Just do it!

Get hyped. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Thingyman

Jul 29, 2019
17 was just a sort of minimum goal to reach, we can def expand beyond that :)

Re: the casual, friendly game, there might be a minimum posting requirement of having to post at least 5 times per day phase (and day phases will probably be either 36 or 48 hours). I hope that doesn't scare anyone away :)

Reactions: Shazam08

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I much enjoy the simple games involving only deduction and logic (which, coincidentally, I'm terrible at).

So, I present to you, the Super Simple Werewolf Game Mk2. Now featuring slight improvements over the Mk1 Version, namely I'm crossing my fingers that the power roles don't get ridiculously lucky. again

Comments? Concerns? Invitations to join your political party?

Reactions: Pyure

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I much enjoy the simple games involving only deduction and logic (which, coincidentally, I'm terrible at).

So, I present to you, the Super Simple Werewolf Game Mk2. Now featuring slight improvements over the Mk1 Version, namely I'm crossing my fingers that the power roles don't get ridiculously lucky. again

Comments? Concerns? Invitations to join your political party?
#FeelTheBern

Do the Detective's scans check "villager role" or "villager alignment"? Like, if he were to scan the Doc, would it return "villager" or "not villager"?

Also, want me to add you to the queue? You'd be after Leth.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
The scan returns whether or not the player has the role "villager." So that scan would return "Shazam08 is not a villager," presuming Shazzy was scanned and is the doctor.

Yes, please, good sir. That would be much appreciated.

Frog@SC2Mafia

Jul 29, 2019
^ awesome simple setup. What's the planned concentration of Wolves:Town ?

We have a classic variant on our mafia mod on StarCraft 2 that follows a similar simple setup.

The setup follows:

Mafioso:Citizen ratio 2:5

Then a random amount of citizens are changed to Sheriffs and Doctors while some Mafiosi might become Consorts (roleblockers).

So e.g. a 14 player setup might be
Mafia (4):
Mafioso
Mafioso
Mafioso
Consort

Town (10):
Sheriff
Sheriff
Doctor
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Heals, Roleblocks, Checks etc. are all private feedback//Not publically displayed to Town.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
I think we've traditionally gone with about a 1:4 w:v ratio. It didn't work out so well last time, since the seer hit a wolf on N1 and N2, and the doctor predicted the wolfkill N1

Reactions: dylanpiera

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
So i've had a talk with goreae a little bit back about Law of the Land as i'd love to see another game in this format. Altho goreae didn't want to host another one. So I asked if I can and.. I can! So..

Here it is! One free announcement. Law of the Land II is confirmed!

Since i'm already in que i'd like to be placed on place 6. So someone else can go first if they want.

Reactions: Shazam08

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So i've had a talk with goreae a little bit back about Law of the Land as i'd love to see another game in this format. Altho goreae didn't want to host another one. So I asked if I can and.. I can! So..

Here it is! One free announcement. Law of the Land II is confirmed!

Since i'm already in que i'd like to be placed on place 6. So someone else can go first if they want.
Question: What happens if the villagers elect a wolf for mayor, like happened in the last Law of the Lands?

Anywho, I should have time to write up an InnistradWolf spreadsheet tonight to fill that gap in the queue. Unless anyone wants to beat me to it.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Question: What happens if the villagers elect a wolf for mayor, like happened in the last Law of the Lands?
Well then the wolf be a wolf and a mayor. Wolf is a trait not a role (Will specifiy in signup thread i found there was too little space in the sheet atleast how it is as default)
So the town could be pretty unlucky at that point. Altho they'll know what gets done each night so if a wolf suddenly goes around removing the lynch or adding a role that wins with the wolfs it would be very sucpicious