Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
So i've had a talk with goreae a little bit back about Law of the Land as i'd love to see another game in this format. Altho goreae didn't want to host another one. So I asked if I can and.. I can! So..

Here it is! One free announcement. Law of the Land II is confirmed!

Since i'm already in que i'd like to be placed on place 6. So someone else can go first if they want.
Cool! Looks a little more structured than the original, which was sorely needed.

If you haven't seen gor's wrap-up post, I highly recommend taking a look. It covered most of his post-game thoughts on the thing.

Reactions: dylanpiera

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well then the wolf be a wolf and a mayor. Wolf is a trait not a role (Will specifiy in signup thread i found there was too little space in the sheet atleast how it is as default)
So the town could be pretty unlucky at that point. Altho they'll know what gets done each night so if a wolf suddenly goes around removing the lynch or adding a role that wins with the wolfs it would be very sucpicious
That sounds like how it worked last time around, when we elected Shazam mayor on D1, and Shazam created a Wolololf role that was stupidly OP, so we lynched Shazam and then turned around and elected Vike, who happened to be the the Wolololf himself. He did a better job of hiding it... and it did not go well for the village afterward.

We did manage to create a rule where the elected officials were checked for wolfiness every night, but then the wolves managed to break it immediately after Vike got elected. That was no small part of our downfall, either.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like how it worked last time around, when we elected Shazam mayor on D1, and Shazam created a Wolololf role that was stupidly OP, so we lynched Shazam and then turned around and elected Vike, who happened to be the the Wolololf himself. He did a better job of hiding it... and it did not go well for the village afterward.

We did manage to create a rule where the elected officials were checked for wolfiness every night, but then the wolves managed to break it immediately after Vike got elected. That was no small part of our downfall, either.
For the record, I was screwed royally that game. You jerks elected me D1 and then instituted the "Elected officials are checked for wolfiness" rule immediately.

One of the lines in the first recap was just "Shazam's a wolf. Go at him." :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Fraction2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For the record, I was screwed royally that game. You jerks elected me D1 and then instituted the "Elected officials are checked for wolfiness" rule immediately.

One of the lines in the first recap was just "Shazam's a wolf. Go at him." :p
Yeah, but then you, Vike, and your shenanigans pretty well screwed over everyone else, so it evens out.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
so......
for next game can the gm just put in the thread that I'm a confirmed villager as it seems like I'm cursed(or blessed depending on how you look at it) to never be a wolf? :p

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
V... Villag... I don't follow.

dKu122I.png

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
We should make a post explaining the do's and do not's of GMing. There were a lot of mistakes in dragonfangs game which is totally understandable to mistakenly do. For example leaking information as you go along.

My rule of thumb is to only answer a question in as few words as possible to eliminate you accidentally revealing some other piece of information. Also to tell things to players in their own conversations and not group conversations since it confirms stuff to the others.

As an example user a and b are in a conversation. User a asks the GM if he can use his power on someone. If you reply to that group conversation, you inadvertently confirm user a's role to user b.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I did some things. Here's an in-progress version of the rolesheet for the Innistrad-based game I'm working on.

Questions? Comments? Flavor suggestions?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
We should make a post explaining the do's and do not's of GMing. There were a lot of mistakes in dragonfangs game which is totally understandable to mistakenly do. For example leaking information as you go along.

My rule of thumb is to only answer a question in as few words as possible to eliminate you accidentally revealing some other piece of information. Also to tell things to players in their own conversations and not group conversations since it confirms stuff to the others.

As an example user a and b are in a conversation. User a asks the GM if he can use his power on someone. If you reply to that group conversation, you inadvertently confirm user a's role to user b.
I remember one time somebody asked me a string of questions about breaking the game, and I just quoted them all and said:

No.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I personally don't mind shooting the shit with the players, but if I "clarify" anything in a personal convo, I make sure I announce the same to everyone else.
"Just as a clarification from the gods: your murder power can be used multiple times per day, but only on players whose names end in 'e'"

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't mind shooting the shit with the players, but if I "clarify" anything in a personal convo, I make sure I announce the same to everyone else.
"Just as a clarification from the gods: your murder power can be used multiple times per day, but only on players whose names end in 'e'"
So, "everyone" can use it?