Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
A new concept game I thought up:

Switchwolf

The main concept in this game is, every other night, everyone switches their role. This is done on a rota published in the game’s OP.

The roles are fairly simple:

Village team:

Villager - no powers

Bodyguard - can protect one person every night, and will die if that person is attacked in any way save for lynching

Hunter - when killed, will kill a single person of their choosing

Seer - picks a person nightly, and will have the person’s role revealed to them.

Priest - revives one person while they have the role, power can be reused if they manage to get it again

Wolf team:

Wolf - votes who to kill each night, does not have a convo in this game

Alpha - can’t be killed, must be lynched

Sorceror - can psychically peek at a random message of a random convo

Neutral:

Bard - steals the win from the villagers if all of the wolves die.

Assassin - is given a particular role to kill, and if they pick the wrong role, then they die instead. Wins if they get the right role.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
It also seems we have a whopping ZERO games planned after economywolf, so I thought maybe I would bust out the card deck again. J can go before me if he wants/thinks over his switchwolf idea.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't the Seer power be highly redundant in Switchwolf? I suggest that the Seer ability allows them to "embed" a role, taking the player off the swaplist.

Also, I should get that Spywolf game written up...

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
A new concept game I thought up:

Switchwolf

The main concept in this game is, every other night, everyone switches their role. This is done on a rota published in the game’s OP.

The roles are fairly simple:

Village team:

Villager - no powers

Bodyguard - can protect one person every night, and will die if that person is attacked in any way save for lynching

Hunter - when killed, will kill a single person of their choosing

Seer - picks a person nightly, and will have the person’s role revealed to them.

Priest - revives one person while they have the role, power can be reused if they manage to get it again

Wolf team:

Wolf - votes who to kill each night, does not have a convo in this game

Alpha - can’t be killed, must be lynched

Sorceror - can psychically peek at a random message of a random convo

Neutral:

Bard - steals the win from the villagers if all of the wolves die.

Assassin - is given a particular role to kill, and if they pick the wrong role, then they die instead. Wins if they get the right role.
  1. Do people's roles continue to switch once they've died?
  2. How feasible will it be to find a wolf in two days?
  3. Is the Priest able to resurrect someone every day? If so, you may want to tone that down a bit.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
  1. Do people's roles continue to switch once they've died?
  2. How feasible will it be to find a wolf in two days?
  3. Is the Priest able to resurrect someone every day? If so, you may want to tone that down a bit.
1) Hmm, didn't think about that. I guess their role is taken off the rota, and they keep it permanently.
2) IDK. What's your point?
3) Every two days, but actually that's a fair point. Let me rejig it somewhat.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
2) IDK. What's your point?
Because a wolf has to be found before their role switches, which is a timeframe of two full days. It'd be difficult. Especially considering you could never mark someone as "trustworthy" or "untrustworthy", so any process of elimination logic would be massively screwed.

Raise the switch interval to every three or four days, maybe?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Because a wolf has to be found before their role switches, which is a timeframe of two full days. It'd be difficult. Especially considering you could never mark someone as "trustworthy" or "untrustworthy", so any process of elimination logic would be massively screwed.

Raise the switch interval to every three or four days, maybe?
Actually, not quite. Remember, the rota is in the OP, so you can actually know someone's role every night after finding it out. To snatch a wolf, just find the role before it, wait until the switch, and BOOM you've got a wolf. Or get the role before that, and just be a bit more patient.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, not quite. Remember, the rota is in the OP, so you can actually know someone's role every night after finding it out. To snatch a wolf, just find the role before it, wait until the switch, and BOOM you've got a wolf. Or get the role before that, and just be a bit more patient.
Aha! So, if I'm understanding it right, the OP would have something like this (except with all the roles):
  1. Hunter
  2. Seer
  3. Wolf
  4. Bard
You would know that every Hunter became a Seer, every Seer became a Wolf, and so on.

Is that correct?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
No. The duplicates would be in the rota.
Ok, so I need more clarification. Say there's six players, and the posted rota is as such:
  1. Hunter
  2. Seer
  3. Wolf
  4. Bard
  5. Villager
  6. Wolf
I'm the Seer, and my N1 target turns out to be a Wolf. Is there any way I can know whether that player will be a Bard or a Hunter on D3 based on that information alone?