Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
'Cuz the name of the game is lynching everyone in sight.

BTW, first rough draft of Global Thermonuclear WarWolf is right here.

I'll pretty it up later.
To be clear, on Propaganda Expert, that means if I vote for Pyure, I could quietly and discreetly make somebody else (of my choice) also vote Pyure, without them or anyone else knowing about it (I mean, unless that changes the outcome of the lynch, in which case peeps would know a Propaganda Expert wanted Pyure dead, but not who or why), correct?

Armored Brigade. Ehm, what? The description is ambiguous and doesn't parse.

Also, why are Intelligence Network and Armored Brigade marked "Coalition!"?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
To be clear, on Propaganda Expert, that means if I vote for Pyure, I could quietly and discreetly make somebody else (of my choice) also vote Pyure, without them or anyone else knowing about it (I mean, unless that changes the outcome of the lynch, in which case peeps would know a Propaganda Expert wanted Pyure dead, but not who or why), correct?

Armored Brigade. Ehm, what? The description is ambiguous and doesn't parse.

Also, why are Intelligence Network and Armored Brigade marked "Coalition!"?
Remember, this is all just a first draft.

I can reword Propaganda Expert to require voting for that person, or at least count their vote twice. Could be a better way of handling it instead of redirecting someone else's vote.

Armored Brigade is supposed to be basically rolling over someone else's army and taking their country as yours now. It serves as both a kill and getting a personal shield for one kill/lynch. Hrm, needs a better name?

If you have read what Coalitions are, it's basically a way to keep certain abilities from being too powerful. I'm thinking about making Propaganda Expert require the player to be in one, as well.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Remember, this is all just a first draft.

I can reword Propaganda Expert to require voting for that person, or at least count their vote twice. Could be a better way of handling it instead of redirecting someone else's vote.

Armored Brigade is supposed to be basically rolling over someone else's army and taking their country as yours now. It serves as both a kill and getting a personal shield for one kill/lynch. Hrm, needs a better name?

If you have read what Coalitions are, it's basically a way to keep certain abilities from being too powerful. I'm thinking about making Propaganda Expert require the player to be in one, as well.
Ah, OK. I can suggest some rewordings (this is a draft, after all; better to clarify everything now than later).

Propaganda Expert: Once per game, may secretly redirect target player's vote so it counts toward whoever the user voted for instead. No one is informed of this happening (except, potentially, by way of changing who gets lynched).

Armored Brigade: Once per game, may kill target player and assume control of their military, granting themselves an extra life (good against one lynch or other kill).

As for Coalition... I apparently skipped over that line in the rolesheet. Derp.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Aww, I was hoping to get your input on my latest set of rules.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
@Shazam08 we are in dire need of a Proxy over here, Could you please deliver one? You can pick one!

Also you seem to be gone lately? The organisation thread is outdated ;)
Hiya, dylan of a week ago. Busy times and packed schedules happened on this end, so I've got some stuff to catch up on. Proxy being delivered momentarily.
'Cuz the name of the game is lynching everyone in sight.

BTW, first rough draft of Global Thermonuclear WarWolf is right here.

I'll pretty it up later.
Questions!
  1. "Rule 1: There are no Roles, only Traits!"
    • How are traits different from roles? Can a player have multiple traits? Can a player have no traits? Are traits unique (i.e. you only have one Guerrela, one Dirty Bomb, etc.?)
  2. "Rule 6: Please vote for the player if you can..."
    • Is voting optional, or are you just saying that you can place a vote for the player's country instead of their name?
  3. "Strong Military"
    • Does he kill his attacker, and does he survive a successful protection?
  4. "Propaganda Expert"
    • How does this work? Does he tell you "Make Lethosos's vote worth two today" or is it more like "Put my secret vote on Lethosos, even though I voted for Vike today"? If the former, do the vote-buffs carry over from day to day (i.e. if the Expert targets me six days in a row, will my vote be worth seven)?
  5. "Biological Labs"
    • No questions about the role. You ordered Pyure's migraine medicine in advance, right? :p
  6. Want me to add you to the queue?
Guys, knock me off the signups. Kinda got burnt out on playing this. May come back later, but currently very disinterested.
Sorry to hear that, man. There's always a spot open for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Also, surprise appearance by two Dylan proposals! He's got some ideas to solve some of our big/awkward problems (Inactivity and Unsportsmanship). I could paraphrase them but the straight quotes are more informative.

I have 2 problems, and a few suggestions:

Inactivity
the bane of our existence.

Its always been a problem when people, especially power players, go inactive in the middle of the game.
The current solution is to smite them, altho a better solution then doing nothing, not a really great option since we kill off a player that is part of a team.

INTRODUCING! Subbing!
Used often by other mafia communities, is a Sub system, while signups are running, people can sign up as a player, or as a sub. In the case of inactivity, one of these subs can sub in and take over the inactive player. (if nobody signs up for sub we can always ask around on discord / other forums like MU who have special threads for it if needed) this will help us when we have inactive players who just don't do anything!
Second of all, Unsportsmanship
Even tho the title talks about a problem, I think this is a neccessaty even if the problem woudn't be a thing

In our community, we have no Officials, or Staff members. While you could say, that it woudn't be needed, latly, especially last game [Cardwolf], I saw people complaining about people being Unsportsman-like. We as a community can not go up to a person and say "Hey, can you stop doing that, cause its unsportsman like!" while an official or a staff member of either this forum section, or our "Werewolf" section would be able to do this politly!

In my opinion, we just need a few staff members in here so people have a place to go to for complaints and so that there are people who actually keep a little bit of order in here where it is really needed.

This can be done in 3 ways.
  • We ask slowpoke for some new Forum games staff (Prefferably some of us who are into werewolf)
  • We crown some people here as Werewolf staff members and make them the boss.
  • We ask slowpoke for our own sub section in Forum games, where we can have our own mods (This would also help with keeping Forum Games more neat, then the mess it currently is)
note: slowpoke can be interchanged for any active admin

Both are up for discussion. What do you guys think about either? Which one (if any) of the solutions to unsportsmanship appeal to you?

Reactions: fowltief

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Also, surprise appearance by two Dylan proposals! He's got some ideas to solve some of our big/awkward problems (Inactivity and Unsportsmanship). I could paraphrase them but the straight quotes are more informative.

Both are up for discussion. What do you guys think about either? Which one (if any) of the solutions to unsportsmanship appeal to you?

Inactivity: sure
Unsportsmanship (order of what I think is best to what I think is least good, but still good):
Our own forum games section with mods.
New forum games mods or whatever.
We crown our own.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
We should ask slowpoke cause slow's totally gonna respond!

/s

On a more serious note, if we crown our own admins, maybe we should rotate every so often (e.g a month or something)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Go ahead, Shaz. Your questions and SOE's will help clarify the final version that I'll put up later.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2