Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
On second thought, push monocon back a rung in the list. I want to focus on my japanese final not frivolous monocle filled gentlemanly roleplay werewolf hosting. I feel like I'll do it more justice when my mind isn't literally filled with desu.

Okay, I still have some remarks and questions about the role sheet though. Answer them whenever you have time and feel like it.
  • Chap: If their extra vote makes no difference, then they can use it again? Is that what is meant by "make no difference"?

What if more than one chap uses their extra vote and they both matter equally, but together they don't? (Both vote for a different person and the two persons voted for are less than 2 votes apart.)
    And what if three chaps use their extra vote for two people who (after that) end up in a lynch tie? (I guess that to prevent this from being a crisis, the answer to the previous question should be "they both count".)

And what about these votes?
    Person A: 2 votes + 1 extra
    Person B: 3 votes + 1 extra
    Person C: 4 votes + 1 extra
    Would neither of these extra votes be consumed? (I would think so)
  • Rabid Wolf: Shouldn't using his action actively expose him as being the rabid wolf?
  • Wasp: The timespan on its power isn't really clear to me. Does he sting on night one*, then the player is poisoned on day two, then the player dies in night two, then the wasp can sting again in night three?
    Except if the wasp gets killed night one, day one or night two?
  • Janitor: How would he know who is dying that night? Would he be notified?
*these night and day numbers are examples.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Also, a suggestion for a game concept:

A normal game of werewolves, but
-everyone creates a new cover forum account
-we have to vote to lynch players with their real account names (same for wolves who would, of course, know each others' real names)
or
-everyone keeps their own forum account, but has a codename which we would have to use to actually kill them.

What do you think about this general idea? Is it worth pursuing/refining?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

-we have to vote to lynch players with their real account names (same for wolves who would, of course, know each others' real names)
or
-everyone keeps their own forum account, but has a codename which we would have to use to actually kill them.

I think this sounds interesting, but I'm confused. For the lynch, you vote using their real name, but you need their new name to actually kill them?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I think this sounds interesting, but I'm confused. For the lynch, you vote using their real name, but you need their new name to actually kill them?
In case of the second proposal, the players would have had to send the GM a nickname after which the GM would have posted a full list of all nicknames. Players, wolves and other roles could only vote for and target using the nicknames, to players would have had to guess what nickname belonged to what player. Hiding your connection to your nickname well could make you practically invincible, but you might be forced to give up your nickname to save yourself from accidentally being lynched.

I think the first proposal is simpler, as you may be able to read the person's real identity by the way they talk and reason. Although creating the extra accounts may be breaking the forum rules and is definitely not practical. This version of the concept may be better practised on some other medium.

The official name for this concept is now: Confusion

Reactions: erindalc

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

or

I don't know about that. Sounds to me that if you wanna lynch someone specific, you have to find out what their identity is. Any wolves could say D1 "I am a wolf." and just remain quiet for the entire game and then win because nobody knows who the frak they are.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
On second thought, push monocon back a rung in the list. I want to focus on my japanese final not frivolous monocle filled gentlemanly roleplay werewolf hosting. I feel like I'll do it more justice when my mind isn't literally filled with desu.
No problem. Good luck!

@Exedra! You're next on the list. Ready?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Chap: If their extra vote makes no difference, then they can use it again? Is that what is meant by "make no difference"?
That's exactly right. If the vote makes some sort of difference, it's accepted.
What if more than one chap uses their extra vote and they both matter equally, but together they don't? (Both vote for a different person and the two persons voted for are less than 2 votes apart.)
This is a bit vague to me, but if the result is the same as the original scenario, then it's not used up.
And what if three chaps use their extra vote for two people who (after that) end up in a lynch tie? (I guess that to prevent this from being a crisis, the answer to the previous question should be "they both count".)
Not certain what you're trying to say here, but what I gathered was A had 2 votes and B had one vote. Two chaps used a vote on B and one chap used a vote on A.

In this case, it started out as A>B and changed to A==B. So yes they count.
And what about these votes?
Person A: 2 votes + 1 extra
Person B: 3 votes + 1 extra
Person C: 4 votes + 1 extra
Would neither of these extra votes be consumed? (I would think so)
Well the scenario started with C>B>A and the outcome is C>B>A so no it wouldn't.

As a general rule of thumb, if a vote or vote cluster makes any difference to the outcome, they get consumed. If not, they don't.
Rabid Wolf: Shouldn't using his action actively expose him as being the rabid wolf?
If you mean to the wolves, not if he uses it wisely. If you mean to the entire town, then no why would it. He'd trigger the power in his role convo. Then the other wolves could say like not it's not me but if one is a moon moon for instance, then he could say he's a moon moon and the third wolf could know who the rabid is. But then again, why the heck would that matter at all? Why would he want to hide it?
Wasp: The timespan on its power isn't really clear to me. Does he sting on night one*, then the player is poisoned on day two, then the player dies in night two, then the wasp can sting again in night three?
Except if the wasp gets killed night one, day one or night two?
That's entirely correct. Just changed the order of powers to reflect the poison.
Janitor: How would he know who is dying that night? Would he be notified?
He wouldn't. He'd have to guess. Or if he coordinates with the wasp he could do some trickery. Same if CROST teams with the wolves.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I don't know about that. Sounds to me that if you wanna lynch someone specific, you have to find out what their identity is. Any wolves could say D1 "I am a wolf." and just remain quiet for the entire game and then win because nobody knows who the frak they are.

If all wolves out themselves as wolves, then town can tell the rest their nicknames and the remaining nicknames should be lynched.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
But still, if "kinky4kake2015" is acting wolfy, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it unless you know their real name.

I never said the idea was perfect. :p
If you have any idea to improve on this, like making everyone have some kind of "nickname cop action" (more confusion!) to spend every day, please let me know.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

or

I'll just say that this idea sounds a bit too much like my first game, which flopped *horribly*. Unlike my second and third games, which still flopped, and my fourth, which turned out to be heavily unbalanced toward the town but otherwise went pretty well.

I'd like to point you to this game:

Game Thread for Werewolf: Mirran AltSanity
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?threads/Game-Thread-for-Werewolf:-Mirran-AltSanity.84633/

Good ol' days.
Yeah, that one. <_<

Reactions: dylanpiera

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just say that this idea sounds a bit too much like my first game, which flopped *horribly*. Unlike my second and third games, which still flopped, and my fourth, which turned out to be heavily unbalanced toward the town but otherwise went pretty well.

Yeah, that one. <_<
It wasn't bad. But about 6 people forgot they had to log out and log in on the proxy to actually get notifications!
Wicked isn't it.