Werewolf Game 3 Recruitment Thread

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Greetings, my good chaps, and welcome to the third rendition of the rather marvelous werewolf game! This iteration will have rather unique roles and be moderated by yours truly.

Now getting away from all of the british gentleman stuff, lets get down to business. Yes, the 2nd game is still going on, but I thought I'd get a head start on things and get this game started up. I will keep the recruitment open until 12AM sunday morning, and whoever's in at that point is in. The game will not actually begin until the second game ends. There will also be a rollcall after recruitment's ended. If you do not respond to that PM within 24 hours of it being posted, you will be dropped from the game.

Another thing, this game will have limited room. The limits for the game are, at minimum 8 10 and at maximum 16. Any overflow will be put on a waitlist, and it is first come, first serve. If someone drops out or breaks a rule, they will be replaced. If you are on a waitlist, be sure to be watching so you know what's going on.

0. goreae
1. Staxed
2. frederikam
3. PeggleFrank
4. VikeStep
5. Jess887cp
6. Droideka30
7. SonOfABirch
8.the_j485
9. Henry Link
10. dgdas9
11. Eunomiac
12. ICountFrom0
13. Techno156
14. GPuzzle
Nothing yet!

The Rules of this Game Will be as Follows:
  1. do NOT share a role revealing post/PM with anyone. This ruins the game as it is about uncertainty, and sharing these kinds of PMs is definite proof, taking away that uncertainty and ruining the game. :(
  2. You may not quote any PM into the main thread. If you want to tell someone, tell them in private. Quoting any PM from the GM (me) is strictly prohibited.
  3. Please vote promptly. There is no time limit on voting, but if it's taking forever, then I will send you a warning and you will be replaced.
  4. Any official actions must be in bold or else they will be ignored.
Voting Guidelines:
  • Everyone must vote, until a decision is reached. For example, if there are 7 players and 4 of them choose to lynch whizzball, then wizzball is lynched and the game progresses like usual.
  • Such descision will only be made with locked votes. If you make any indication in bold that your vote will not change (lock it in, final answer, etc.) then you may not change your vote under any circumstances. Vote wisely, people.
  • If you are accused, you may still vote.
Power guidelines:
  • must send any power uses in a PM to the GM, but not with anyone else.
  • You must send a list of three or more people unless your role says differently. If you fail to do so, you will be ignored.
  • If two powers conflict (two werewolves eating different people) then a coin will be flipped.
List of Roles: (this is so that you can't prove you have a role with knowledge of said role)
Team Werewolf: wins by killing all of the villagers but two. There must be at least two living players at the end for the wolves to win. (there is a 25% chance of special wolf, and there must be at least one generic wolf.)
  • werewolf - generic wolf #1.
  • lone wolf - must win without their partner living.
  • moon-moon - opposite of lone wolf. Wins by being dead when their partner wins.
Team Chap: wins when all werewolves are dead.
  • chap: generic chap #1
  • investigator: it's the seer. once a night, the investigator checks someone to see what team they're on.
  • Aristocrat: once per game, can force a player to change their vote to the player of their choosing.
  • Muscle Man: protects one player per night, but cannot protect the same player two nights in a row.
  • Medium: Once per game can ask one yes or no question to a random dead person (this includes players from all teams and any people who were kicked from the game.
  • Adulterer: can kill one person per game. Upon using this power, the adulterer turns into a murderer, and joins the criminal team.
Team Criminal: wins by surviving until another team wins, and the investigator is dead.
  • Identity Theft: generic criminal #1
  • The Unicorn: Can make any player look like a criminal, wolf, or chap. Once you do this, there is a 50% chance that you won't be able to do it again.
  • The Wasp: Can kill one player per game. When the player is chosen, then they will not die until the next night, and if they have any votes on them, then the assassination will fail.
  • Murderer: converted adulterer. Looks like a chap during any scans.
Team criminal is meant to be backstabby, because even though they are part of a team and have their own team chat, they still win individually. If a criminal dies, then they lose. I'm imagining a lot of throwing people under busses just to survive another night. If a chap dies but the villager team wins, then that chap also wins.

Questions? comments? concerns? post them below!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in! just a quick question, how does the unicorns make someone look like someone else? is that only changing what seers see?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'll take slot 2. But there's a few things I don't quite understand. Edit: Vikestep you ninja. I guess I need to take slot 3 then.

1. How often does a vote take place? Every day?
  2. What are powers? Are those roles the powers that the roles grant you or something different?
  3. What's the deal with actions? What actions can you execute?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in.

Also, I called it. I knew you were going to make a moon-moon role. I have one in my role book, only he can't vote, he has to say that he's a wolf in his defense, and he reveals a random player's role to the werewolves upon death. Also, he can't kill.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Who's gonna do the 4th game? I finish this school term 20th September, I dibs GM on the first game that starts after that time :)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Who's gonna do the 4th game? I finish this school term 20th September, I dibs GM on the first game that starts after that time :)

I'll do a game of me being GM after you, I guess. I have a large role dictionary and I can take some "interesting" (to say the least) roles from it.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You can count me in. I've been waiting for ages for the conclusion of the last one.

I'm guessing you'll kick off the game as soon as the other game reaches completion?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You can count me in. I've been waiting for ages for the conclusion of the last one.

I'm guessing you'll kick off the game as soon as the other game reaches completion?
Exactly.[DOUBLEPOST=1378231497][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and to do something completely radical and unheard of, I'm going to actually use the forum's poll function for casting votes!:eek:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm in! just a quick question, how does the unicorns make someone look like someone else? is that only changing what seers see?
It is only what the seer sees. What the investigator does is search a safe every night. If the contents are monocles, then they are a chap. If it is a red CROST badge then they are a criminal, and if it is nothing then they are a wolf. The Unicorn can take whatever is in there and replace it with either a stolen monocle, a CROST badge, or nothing at all.

Oh, and criminals teaming with wolves is a valid strategem. They could team up with the wolves to end the game with fewer criminal deaths, but such a move is risky. If you let the wolf know that you know who they are, they are liable to kill you to keep it secret.

Okay I'll take slot 2. But there's a few things I don't quite understand. Edit: Vikestep you ninja. I guess I need to take slot 3 then.

1. How often does a vote take place? Every day?
  2. What are powers? Are those roles the powers that the roles grant you or something different?
  3. What's the deal with actions? What actions can you execute?

powers are killing people, seer's sight, medium mediating, etc.
votes take place every day, when someone is lynched the day ends. Because of time zones and life I don't want to impose a strict time constraint.
Actions are anything said in bold. anything not in bold is just chat.[DOUBLEPOST=1378233615][/DOUBLEPOST]One more tidbit, I like the lynching nobody thing, so there will be a stuffed likeness of my avatar in the lobby that you can choose to lynch whenever.

Criminals get their own chat, wolves get their won chat, but villagers do not get their own chat. That would make no sense.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly.[DOUBLEPOST=1378231497][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and to do something completely radical and unheard of, I'm going to actually use the forum's poll function for casting votes!:eek:

Don't do that. People outside of the game are going to vote, and it's going to mess everything up by making it look like players have voted when they really haven't.

Reactions: Staxed

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Good news, guys! We have reached the minimum required players!

oops. Miscounted. We actually need 10 players to play with every role in play and two wolves.[DOUBLEPOST=1378241990][/DOUBLEPOST]
:( but, but...I have TWO monocles! :)
Nope. You have a pair of bifocals. If they were separate, then they would be monocles.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Goreae, if you don't mind, I would like an in-depth explanation of each new role by the end of the game. I have two files, each one containing about 20 new roles. I'd like to add yours to the list.