WEREWOLF: Day 3

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Well, was a known gambit, and I was getting suspicous..

but honestly, when our seer talks about people who are not playing, and claims to have done more scans then days... how are we to belive them?

I'm amused that the only person I was actually right about, was jess.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
GG.... I am very surprised by the ending. I thought for sure that GPuzzle was a werewolf. His last minute reveal and his numbers didn't add up. Also, I still can't figure out why Jess was backing him. He was backing him instead of the other wolf.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Oh, that part was easy to figure, jess needed the other wolf to be killed, but to appear innocent.

What I'm wondering is, how many people where sending messages to people against the rules.

And speaking of rules, game 2 signup is up.... with rules that fit forums a bit better.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Great game! There were a few rules questions / confusion, both in conversations and in this thread, so I'll try to tackle them here:

Rules Clarifications
You'll tell me if I missed any, right?

Note: These were the rules for this game---ICountFrom0 has started a new game here, and these obviously don't apply there.

Eunomiac, is the bodyguard allowed to protect a werewolf?
Yes, the Bodyguard can choose any player. In some games, this might really hurt the Villagers: The Bodyguard protects their chosen player from any attempt to kill them at night. In this game, only the Werewolves had a night-kill ability, but some Villager roles can also kill players at night (e.g. the Witch, the Hunter). In those games, the Bodyguard could inadvertently protect a Werewolf from being killed.

He [the_j485] was a player. ... Eunomiac, please, allow me to open the crystal ball conversation for everyone.
Alas, the_j487 was to be a player, but didn't respond in time to play. I would have corrected your mistake had I realized it earlier, but I'm only seeing it now. That being said, the list of players was posted at the start of each thread and throughout each lynching process, so I'm afraid this has to go down in the "aw, shucks" category. (And opening the private conversation rooms for any reason is a no---the point of the game is to get people believing you without being able to actually show them your "cards", so to speak.)

It is possible that gpuzwas seer in the botched game and mixed up his first predictions. We need Eunomanaic to comment.
I wouldn't have: I might have poked GPuzzle privately and corrected any obvious misapprehensions he was operating under (like confusion over the players in the game), though.

Actually ICountFrom0 hasn't voted yet. He did 2nd the nomination.
That counts.
Actually, it doesn't: A "vote to lynch" will count as either a nomination or a seconding (depending on which one is missing), but it doesn't go the other way---"nominating" or "seconding" a player does not count as a vote. (This allows a player to nominate someone they have no intention of lynching, as part of their strategy to see how other players react.)

From the Werewolf Conference Room:
I doubt you can commit suicide. Eunomiac, clarification please?
The only ways to die are by the mechanics of the game: Either lynching, which requires a vote, or by the special abilities of certain roles.
  • Suicide-by-lynching is semi-possible, as you can nominate or second yourself. But a player may not vote to lynch themselves, since the Accused gets no vote---they'll need to rely on the other players for a majority vote to lynch.
  • Suicide-by-ability is possible only if the wording of the ability permits it (e.g. Werewolves cannot kill themselves, since their ability specifically says they must target "a Villager"). I can't think of any abilities off the top of my head that permit this, but I could be missing one. Edit: The Martyr can---his ability allows him to sacrifice himself to save a player who is about to be lynched.
Some Interesting Trivia
  • The Bodyguard's successful save (of goreae) on Night 1 was a fluke: His target was chosen randomly after the deadline for choosing targets had elapsed.
  • In every lynching except one (Tellerofstones), a Werewolf was the first to cast a "vote to lynch".
  • GPuzzle (the Seer) never checked a Werewolf: He learned the identities of both Werewolves on the final night by process of elimination, after checking all the surviving villagers: goreae (Night 0), ICountFrom0 (Night 1), Henry Link (Night 2).
And now, it comes to my unfortunate attention that a Post-Game Smite is in order:

GPuzzle: You privately messaged a player a second time, after you had been told that this was against the rules. The first time, I accepted a misread of the rules as your explanation (and you also revealed your role to a Werewolf in the process, so it did you more harm than good). But the second time was simple cheating. It's good that it didn't help your cause---if it had, you would have been removed from the game, to the detriment of your team.

Don't cheat, people. There's a good chance it'll hurt you and yours, and an even better chance it'll get back to the GM---who can nuke you from high orbit.

Click here to sign up for game two, GM'd by former player and numerical iconoclast ICountFrom0!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
It's funny because a wolf pretending to be the seer was more believable than the seer himself.

Good game, indeed.