Weekly News Issue #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan Collins

Jul 29, 2019
And now we all wait patiently for Monster to roll out today.
Can't wait to set it up on my server, going to have lots of fun! Thanks for everything guys and gals.
And now we all wait patiently for Monster to roll out today.
Can't wait to set it up on my server, going to have lots of fun! Thanks for everything guys and gals.
Same! Its gonna be great. Does anyone know how long till release?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Notice I posted it yesterday?

Yes, I noticed the time/date, but after so many years of missed ETAs on forums I've belonged to I've become a bit jaded, no offense to JadedCat :D

Just out of curiosity, has it been posted yet?

Morgan Collins

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I noticed the time/date, but after so many years of missed ETAs on forums I've belonged to I've become a bit jaded, no offense to JadedCat :D

Just out of curiosity, has it been posted yet?
Nope!
Maybe another one is going to be missed ):

Cobra_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but thats only 156ish mods, and if watching Straymav he has 200ish. So either he added 50 more mods (doubtful) or the code monster isn't the final. at all.

Straymav was testing it in no way does the amount of mods he was playing going to be the final list as you can see they have brought out in the changelog the list of mods that will be in the pack as of open beta. it doesnt look to me like 200 mods but closer to the 150 odd

Reactions: jokermatt999

KonM4N4Life

Jul 29, 2019
Straymav was testing it in no way does the amount of mods he was playing going to be the final list as you can see they have brought out in the changelog the list of mods that will be in the pack as of open beta. it doesnt look to me like 200 mods but closer to the 150 odd

Ah, alrighty. Thank you.

tonic316

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the beta mod listing for the monster pack and carpenters blocks was not included. Can we get that as it makes building better looking buildings a lot easier :D

Bob41599

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope Morph gets added to the Monster pack because the code version doesn't have but i'm aware i'm already jumping the gun so ill be patient....

nambrosch

Jul 29, 2019
noticed some small warn/severe messages on monster server startup, i'd imagine the devs already know but where should i post them?

as much as i like the endgame stuff that it brings, i'm glad to see no gregtech in there yet, it just makes everything else less enjoyable. forces the use of a gazillion quarries and magic bees too.

quarry plus is a great addition.. isn't the mod developer not updating it anymore though?

also i can't stress it enough - carpenter's blocks really should be in monster :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
noticed some small warn/severe messages on monster server startup, i'd imagine the devs already know but where should i post them?

as much as i like the endgame stuff that it brings, i'm glad to see no gregtech in there yet, it just makes everything else less enjoyable. forces the use of a gazillion quarries and magic bees too.

quarry plus is a great addition.. isn't the mod developer not updating it anymore though?

also i can't stress it enough - carpenter's blocks really should be in monster :)

QuarryPlus got taken over by denoflionsx
http://www.denoflionsx.info/mods/quarryplus

Raptorana

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying out Monster overnight (Call taking over-night shifts = Minecraft for 8 hours!) and really enjoying the look of ATG, but not enjoying the annoying lag that I'm assuming comes from this mod (I could be wrong).

This is on home computer (Playing FTB with 16gb RAM) and laptop (Playing FTB with 8gb RAM) and both using 64-bit javaw.

Apart from that I am enjoying what is in there.

I hope that EE gets updated soon - I miss my minum stone.

Lykeuhfox

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the beta mod listing for the monster pack and carpenters blocks was not included. Can we get that as it makes building better looking buildings a lot easier :D

I added carpenter's blocks in myself. It was my first time installing a minecraft mod myself, and the installation was stupidly easy. Just download the mod compressed, and put it in the monster/minecraft/mods directory. No need to even decompress it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I added carpenter's blocks in myself. It was my first time installing a minecraft mod myself, and the installation was stupidly easy. Just download the mod compressed, and put it in the monster/minecraft/mods directory. No need to even decompress it.

That's how they hook you. One easy installation after anouther, then you'll be thinking "I'll make my own pack and play it with my friends". Then you realise ID conflicts and config optimisation is just a giant pain in the ass and after weeks of putting together a pack your friends have lost intrest and gone back to playing LoL. FML.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I knew den was taking over, didn't know a version was already out :p

it's always nice to see the mod developers be faster then us ;)

That's how they hook you. One easy installation after anouther, then you'll be thinking "I'll make my own pack and play it with my friends". Then you realise ID conflicts and config optimisation is just a giant pain in the ass and after weeks of putting together a pack your friends have lost intrest and gone back to playing LoL. FML.

ID conflicts is still the easy part of making a modpack, getting everything balanced and ironing out all the incompatibilities is the big pain in the arse

Status
Not open for further replies.