Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
FTB News

Introduction

For a while now there have been concerns expressed about a lack of communication from myself to you on the forums. This post is going to be an attempt to try and remedy this situation. From this point on, I am going to attempt to put out a post every weekend with updates on different areas of FTB. Even if that update is “No new news”. The idea is to break us down into various areas and then we can see what sort of information we can come up with. If there are any areas missing that you would like me to add, make the suggestion and I can take a look at them.

For now though, I think the main areas will be

FTB Launcher
FTB Modpacks
FTB Website
FTB Art
FTB Store
Other News

Now lets take a crack at this.

FTB Launcher

Development on the new launcher has ceased most probably until the new year. Work has started on a web interface and the new mods backend that will hook into the new launcher. Once this is complete we can get back to developing the updated launcher. Meanwhile a series of hotfixes have gone out to help resolve problems that some people seem to have with the 1.6.4 packs on the original launcher.

FTB Modpacks

We have several modpacks out for public testing, although none of these are technically considered stable yet, they are functioning and we are pushing updates as fast as we can to them. However most packs will soon switch back to the standard format of release on a Monday after a period of testing.

Our upcoming flagship pack is still in internal testing although I expect it to be added as a private pack for mainstream testing any day now.

FTB Website

Work has started behind the scenes on the server side programming for the launcher. We are also taking a look at revamping the Tech Support area and we are hoping to introduce new software to make the process much more user friendly in the new year.

FTB Art

BigBadChris has completed a new set of artwork for the new packs. You can see a preview of the new artwork here http://i.imgur.com/dxJsUQN.png

FTB Store

We will be taking pre-orders for t-shirts etc for the new artwork on the store soon. These unfortunately won’t be ready in time for christmas but we hope to be able to take pre-orders this weekend. This will go on for about a week and we expect to be able to ship these out early January. The new designs that BigBadChris has come up with should make for cheaper printing costs and hopefully this will be reflected in the price of the t-shirts. Additionally I expect there to be a discount added for all pre-orders.

Other News

The first of the FTB T-shirts signed by Mojang staff and friends that attended minecon will go up for auction over the christmas period. Proceeds from this will go to a yet to be determined charity. I have a few ideas on this, but want to explore them before deciding how I want to go about this.

Last edited:

Tristan1301

Jul 29, 2019
About the new launcher, is there still a possibility of integrating a profile system that would allow for multiple copies of the same modpack?

AnttiV

Jul 29, 2019
I find it hard to believe I'd be alone with this opinion, so I can safely assume that at least some folks are behind this:
Take a (well-earned) brake and have a nice and (hopefully stress-free) Christmas/whatever you call it. It - while an awesome addition to an awesome game - is (still) only a game. We -can- wait over the Christmas and maybe figure out something else to do ;)

Have a good one, Team FTB, and don't worry. I believe most of us can wait a while longer for anything as good as FTB is.

I'll have to quote a certain YouTuber for this: "Taaaaaake it easy!" :)

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing Monster is still in internal testing because of serious bugs. How bad is it? Any clue how many mods still need stabilizing? I appreciate the communication, even if you can't answer those specific questions. Any news is good news. Thanks for your hard work, and enjoy some time with friends and family for the holidays! :)

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
For a while now there have been concerns expressed about a lack of communication from myself to you on the forums. This post is going to be an attempt to try and remedy this situation.
Even if that update is “No new news”.

Thank you - for listening to the community and recognising the importance of simply keeping in touch :)

Merry xmas to you and your team!!

P.S. Any word on Mindcrack?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I think this should've been in the OP, but the new changelog site is up and this is where all changelogs will be going:

https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public+Modpack+Listings

Make sure you send that site to people if they ask for changelogs or complain they aren't on the forums. The reason I am bringing it up is because it doesnt seem like most people have seen the new Changelog site and have been complaining about the lack of them when in fact they are already up there.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing Monster is still in internal testing because of serious bugs. How bad is it? Any clue how many mods still need stabilizing? I appreciate the communication, even if you can't answer those specific questions. Any news is good news. Thanks for your hard work, and enjoy some time with friends and family for the holidays! :)

Monster is still in internal testing because I had a heavy work load at my RL job and unexpected family visitors for Xmas from across state. I've had very little time to get to my computer to do anything. Magic World 2 has been ready for three days, but I've been unable to push it to the launcher.
Regardless of that, an update for Horizons, the beta release of Magic World 2, and the beta release of Monster will all be tomorrow. If I am unable to push them myself, I will be sure to make them available for @Slowpoke to do so.

Artheos

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all your hard work. I really appreciate the fact that I can play modded minecraft without having to do all the hard work myself. Have a Merry Christmas, and I will be looking forward to reading these updates each week.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
FTB News

Introduction

For a while now there have been concerns expressed about a lack of communication from myself to you on the forums. This post is going to be an attempt to try and remedy this situation. From this point on, I am going to attempt to put out a post every weekend with updates on different areas of FTB. Even if that update is “No new news”. The idea is to break us down into various areas and then we can see what sort of information we can come up with. If there are any areas missing that you would like me to add, make the suggestion and I can take a look at them.

For now though, I think the main areas will be

FTB Launcher
FTB Modpacks
FTB Website
FTB Art
FTB Store
Other News

Now lets take a crack at this.

FTB Launcher

Development on the new launcher has ceased most probably until the new year. Work has started on a web interface and the new mods backend that will hook into the new launcher. Once this is complete we can get back to developing the updated launcher. Meanwhile a series of hotfixes have gone out to help resolve problems that some people seem to have with the 1.6.4 packs on the original launcher.

FTB Modpacks

We have several modpacks out for public testing, although none of these are technically considered stable yet, they are functioning and we are pushing updates as fast as we can to them. However most packs will soon switch back to the standard format of release on a Monday after a period of testing.

Our upcoming flagship pack is still in internal testing although I expect it to be added as a private pack for mainstream testing any day now.

FTB Website

Work has started behind the scenes on the server side programming for the launcher. We are also taking a look at revamping the Tech Support area and we are hoping to introduce new software to make the process much more user friendly in the new year.

FTB Art

BigBadChris has completed a new set of artwork for the new packs. You can see a preview of the new artwork here http://i.imgur.com/dxJsUQN.png

FTB Store

We will be taking pre-orders for t-shirts etc for the new artwork on the store soon. These unfortunately won’t be ready in time for christmas but we hope to be able to take pre-orders this weekend. This will go on for about a week and we expect to be able to ship these out early January. The new designs that BigBadChris has come up with should make for cheaper printing costs and hopefully this will be reflected in the price of the t-shirts. Additionally I expect there to be a discount added for all pre-orders.

Other News

The first of the FTB T-shirts signed by Mojang staff and friends that attended minecon will go up for auction over the christmas period. Proceeds from this will go to a yet to be determined charity. I have a few ideas on this, but want to explore them before deciding how I want to go about this.
Excellent, thanks for the news!
May I suggest however that you set up a locked thread for new.. ehhh news! and then set up a sepperate thread for comments(and link to it in first post in the news thread). Information can too easily drown in tons of pages otherwise.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Excellent, thanks for the news!
May I suggest however that you set up a locked thread for new.. ehhh news! and then set up a sepperate thread for comments(and link to it in first post in the news thread). Information can too easily drown in tons of pages otherwise.

This. Mis-information from people who can't [be bothered to thoroughly] read needs to be in a separate thread than the "Straight From the Horse's Mouth" thread.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to see that changes have started and that the community has been listened to :) Que is happy so Que shall return to shadows.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
Yay Monster pack tomorrow hehe been waiting for that for my second server I like that one better then the others because its got ATG I want that no matter what would hate to have people download 1 extra mod hehe.

Morgan Collins

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any idea what time Monster is coming out? because when it said tomorrow I'm not 100% sure what time zone its in and i'm waiting for it with no clue if i'm going to see it this evening (I'm in the UK) or not :p thanks

Reactions: fapopy

Lykeuhfox

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know another Mindcrack pack was coming out. That's good news, hopefully we'll get some more FTB videos out of those guys.

KonM4N4Life

Jul 29, 2019
And now we all wait patiently for Monster to roll out today.
Can't wait to set it up on my server, going to have lots of fun! Thanks for everything guys and gals.

Reactions: fapopy
Status
Not open for further replies.